Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? (4620 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by udeychop: 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2009
Hi, travelling to Nigeria (Lagos) for 6 days after Christmas into new year period. Please can I have an idea of how much to bring (in £) for my stay. This is just really money for entertainment only as my accomodation is covered and im not planning on doing any shopping. BTW, Im not an extravagant person so realistic answers only please.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by martin1(m): 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2009
How much do u have?
Re: Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by segzeybaba(m): 8:42pm On Nov 29, 2009
what sort of stupid question be dis?
have you got unlimited amount of money 2 b askin dat sorta question? undecided
Re: Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by udeychop: 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2009
Sometimes asking a question on nairaland is just a waste of time cause you get stupid responses from ignorant people. I asked a sensible question and someone gives a daft response asking if I have unlimited money, wat kind of ignorant response is that When you go to a shop and ask how much something is, does that imply that you have unlimited amounts of money. This is coming from a tourist coming to your country to see and thats the wisest response you can give, shame on you and the impression you create about your country.
Re: Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by Roforofo(m): 8:49pm On Nov 29, 2009
If the money is just for enjoyment (food, drinks, petrol etc) about 30,000 Naira (£120) daily is more than enough. Went home two months ago and budgeted 50,000 daily and it was way too much. Food and drink is cheap in Naija. What I found expensive was buying diesel for my folks generator as there is never electricity grin and buying phone recharge cards!
Re: Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by Roforofo(m): 8:52pm On Nov 29, 2009
Udeychop don't waste your time with bad belle people. Dem plenty for Nairaland. If you require any more info on this topic just post a question and I will try my best to answer.
Re: Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by udeychop: 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2009
@ Roforofo : Thanks for your very helpful reply. I won't need to buy petrol as I have a friend hosting me, so do you reckon £100/day is sufficient? Also, please give me an idea of how much a meal in a decent restaurant and a night out clubbing would cost? I know its quite hard to quantify but really looking for a general idea of prices. Many thanks.
Re: Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by Roforofo(m): 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2009
Sheraton Lagos, 5 people chop and drink tire 75K Naira although we were drinking Star, Gulder and Stout. Of course it would be considerably more if una dey pop Moet or Dom Perignon. grin I don't have figures for fine wine and champagne as me I be hustler. Was also at Shrine and seriously 10 of una no fit eat and drink 25k naira. Generally doubt you will need more than 50K at most places even the ones that are expensive. In PH went out with 50K and we were drinking with the Governor at Polo club which should give you an idea of how cheap it is! shocked
Re: Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by TyGabriel(m): 11:39pm On Nov 29, 2009
£5,000 will do u per day.
Re: Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by Roforofo(m): 1:16am On Nov 30, 2009
Udeychop, disregard the cynical replies. £100 per day will be more than enough for eating out, clubbing etc anywhere in Nigeria. I was in Lagos, PH and Abuja. These are our most expensive cities and your budget will cover social activities in all three places. Have a good holiday.
Re: Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2009
Bross jst come wif £1m. Dat shuld do for 6days. .
Re: Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by Kc0022000(m): 1:13am On Dec 03, 2009
Another stupid one here.
Re: Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by udeychop: 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2009
Thanks to all those who gave reasonable and appropriate responses. I am looking forward to visiting your beautiful country.
Re: Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by ayomidej(f): 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2009
I will say between 5 - 10K for good food and loads of entertainment. Anything more than that is a waste of money grin
Re: Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by opmoore(m): 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2009
U 2 proud u think say we dey suffer 4 here.9ja sweet pass all this.Just no spend all ur hard earned money on frivolities
Re: Travelling To Nigeria For The First Time, How Much Should I Bring? by udeychop: 8:49pm On Dec 03, 2009
@ opmoore - whatever you said, I dont understand, Im not nigerian and i dont understand pidgin English. I dont think ur response is relevant anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Uk Visiting Visa Please, How Do I Go About It? / Arik Suspends London-abuja Flight From The 25th March / Lagos To Owerri Is How Many Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.