Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye (46228 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife, Folu (Throwback Photo) / Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by delpee(f): 6:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
africanusvu:
You gained admision in 1963 and left in 1966 witout a degree.wat happend,

The Civil war derailed his dreams. He later graduated from University of Ife and has a Ph.D.

1 Like

Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by ojnnaco(m): 6:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by akins56(m): 6:41pm On Jan 24, 2017
curvilicious:
DD, why did you not graduate sir? Op why didn't ask him dat?
must had been because of the civil war.
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by dumie(f): 6:42pm On Jan 24, 2017
Epitome of simplicity and humidity

2 Likes

Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by olisaEze(m): 6:43pm On Jan 24, 2017
obailala:
Since the older generation has failed, I hope the youths will 'rice' to the occasion.

Well we can only pray that the youth of today will take your advice on how to 'rice' to the top! grin

1 Like

Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by Evergreen4(m): 6:45pm On Jan 24, 2017
Afam4eva:
So, he's an Alumni?
he's an Alumnus not Alumni.

Alumnus is singular while Alumni is plural.

No pun intended.

3 Likes

Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by mechanics(m): 6:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
Congrate to him
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by hucienda: 6:48pm On Jan 24, 2017
Congratulations Pastor Adeboye.

15 January 1966 - 15 January 1970.

Low point in the country's history.
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by guiddoti: 6:50pm On Jan 24, 2017
The lion of Opi, Nsukka.
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by ayolight(f): 6:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
Funjosh:
While Banana (Ogede) made me to choose FUTA cool
Hmmmm. I thought as much.
Pls jare. dear Nairalander Click on my signature to help keep a baby alive and probably she will have a reason to always want to give back to the society in future.
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by obstead200(m): 6:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
curvilicious:
DD, why did you not graduate sir?
Op why didn't ask him dat?
probably because of the impending civil war in 1966
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by mccoy47(m): 7:03pm On Jan 24, 2017
overall90:

Don't be stupid.
Learn how to pick your fight.

Huh? So he can't be called an afonja cuz he is MOG? undecided

Mtchewww

Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by guiddoti: 7:05pm On Jan 24, 2017
africanusvu:
...because of iPod 7 crisis.
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by AngelicBeing: 7:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
tongue
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by adonisvg(m): 7:17pm On Jan 24, 2017
curvilicious:
if you took your Civic Education class very serious, you'd know that it was the year the Civil War broke out. (1966)
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by Organs(m): 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2017
Imagine at UNN they were enjoying rice and chicken then and they still believed selfish Ojukwu and went to war saying Nigeria is bad, then later no chicken only jollof rice, now no rice no chicken only garri, shame on all of us put together but most importantly shame to all those calling Nigeria zoo after your grandfathers and fathers ate jollof rice and chicken on a daily basis as students reading book.

1 Like

Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by middlebelter(m): 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2017
mccoy47:
Not surprised!
Afonjas and food

You really need deliverance in order not to live the rest of your life in tribal trauma.

2 Likes

Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by slydog(m): 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2017
He should institute a professorial chair in mathematics with N100m like he does in other universities being a first class graduate of mathematics
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
The civil war i guess. Started in 1966.
africanusvu:
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by mccoy47(m): 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
middlebelter:

You really need deliverance in order not to live the rest of your life in tribal trauma.
tongue
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by curvilicious: 7:37pm On Jan 24, 2017
adonisvg:
if you took your Civic Education class very serious, you'd know that it was the year the Civil War broke out. (1966)
Goan sit-down man
Simple answer would do

Thanks to the three of you
obstead200:
probably because of the impending civil war in 1966

akins56:
must had been because of the civil war.

whitedove:
if You Must Know,war Broke Out In '67(nigerian Civil War)
Raintaker:
cos of d civil war duuh
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by Madeu(m): 7:39pm On Jan 24, 2017
adonisvg:

Even with your proud knowledge of Civic Education , you don't know when The Nigerian Civil war commence.
I believe it has to be the antebellum.
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by freeborn76(m): 7:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
ijebuloaded:
One of our problem in this country is RICE

You just got me cracked up with laughter grin grin grin
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by DeRay98(m): 7:50pm On Jan 24, 2017
Those of you indomie generation on NL, who now eats rice every day have no idea that even till the 1980s rice eating was once or twice a year occasion, Christmas and new year days for millions of Nigerian families. So, Pastor Adeboye was exaggerating here.
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by freeborn76(m): 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
The hot opa at Eni Njoku made me attend UNN grin grin grin...I was a Yoloba boy tasting opa for the first time grin grin
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by Burgerlomo: 8:01pm On Jan 24, 2017
That was a nice one from Daddy G.O. grin

1 Like

Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by shukudi(m): 8:17pm On Jan 24, 2017
mccoy47:
Not surprised!
Afonjas and food
didirin ti ko pata e. Abi o fi ori gbale leyin iya ni kekere. Omo olori bi omo olo radarada yi.
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by wayne4loan: 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
[quote author=obailala post=53095150]Since the older generation has failed, I hope the youths will 'rice' to the occasion.[/quoteLOL.. u are one creative fellow... kudos man
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by Alexk2(m): 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2017
curvilicious:

Because of the Civil War I guess
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by bankylan: 8:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
Afam4eva:
So, he's an Alumni?

Alumnus
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by Alexk2(m): 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2017
DeRay98:
Those of you indomie generation on NL, who now eats rice every day have no idea that even till the 1980s rice eating was once or twice a year occasion, Christmas and new year days for millions of Nigerian families. So, Pastor Adeboye was exaggerating here.

Stop saying what you don't know.. He wasn't exergerating. Most higher institutions as at then are providing almost free food and accommodation not to talk of many students who enjoyed exclusive scholarship as at then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building / Muslim Man Praying Before A Church Banner (Photo) / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.