Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye (465 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife, Folu (Throwback Photo) / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by Ekakamba: 6:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
[b] The general overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, has said that jollof rice and chicken being enjoyed by the students of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN, way back in 1962, made him to choose the UNN as a university where he would do his first degree.

Adeboye who was awarded with an honorarily doctorate degree of Doctor of Divinity, DD by the University on Tuesday, said that he developed interest in the University when he went with his fellow students on an excursion to UNN in 1962 and saw students eating jollof rice with half a chicken.

The cleric said that when he saw the way the students were enjoying then, he decided that he God permitted, he would come to UNN to study and lucky enough, the following year, 1963, he gained admission into the prestigious University.

Carried by what he saw, Adeboye said that, “I took a pebble from the ground asked God to make me come to the University. The following year, 1963, God answered my prayers.”

Adeboye however regretted that he could not graduate from the University as he left in 1966 without a degree.

He expressed joy, however, that sixty years later, he has now been awarded a doctorate degree from the same University and professors call him, ‘daddy.’

“I left UNN in 1966 without a degree. Sixty years later, I have gotten a degree from UNN, now not as a first degree but a doctorate degree. That is why I feel elated. I am overwhelmed,” he said.

Speaking at the occasion, Pro-chancellor of the University, Mr. Emmanuel Ukala, said that Adeboye deserved the honourary degree because he was a man of achievement.

“It is necessary to point out, distinguished ladies and gentlemen, that the University of Nigeria places high premium on positive, and the road to the attainment of its honourary degree is quite tight indeed.

“As a result, anyone that successfully moves through the tight rope deserves our honour and veneration. I, therefore congratulate Pastor E. A Adeboye for his selection for the award of the honourary degree of the University. Welcome on board as a significant member of the den of lions and lionesses,” Ukala represented by the vice chancellor, Prof. Benjamin Ozumba said.[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/jollof-rice-made-me-go-to-unn-pastor-adeboye/

Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by ojun50(m): 6:10pm On Jan 24, 2017
Ibo are doin well went it comes to food
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by JoyTracy(f): 6:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
...And na that jollof Rice Go kilx you.
Re: Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye by Mynd44: 6:13pm On Jan 24, 2017

(1)

Osinbajo In Fesh Trouble With CAN / Kaduna Killings: We’re Keeping Quiet Not Mean We’re Powerless – Chris Okafor(vid / 48 Year Old Man Punches A Catholic Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.