Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,116 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Kalu Opens Up On Biafra, APC, PDP, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXCLUSIVE: Kalu Opens Up On Biafra, APC, PDP, Others (1040 Views)

Northern Group Seeks Probe, Prosecution Of PDP, Others For Forgeries.. / "We Used To Kill People In PDP" - Orji Uzor Kalu Opens Up (VIDEO) / Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXCLUSIVE: Kalu Opens Up On Biafra, APC, PDP, Others by Chizgold: 3:52am On Jan 25, 2017
Orji Uzor Kalu, the former Abia State Governor has on Sunday night reacted to the killing of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) protesters, allegedly carried out by the Nigerian military in Port Harcourt, Rivers States on Friday, among other issues.

The peaceful march organised by members of the IPOB, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State in honour of the new President of the United States of America, Donald Trump, turned violent as soldiers opened fire on the peaceful protesters.

During the attack, about 20 people were shot and wounded, while about 30 others were forcefully seized by armed soldiers, who whisked them away to an undisclosed destination.

Women who were also part of the protest were not spared, as they were brutalised by the soldiers who also kicked, punched, and used the butt of their rifles to hit the protesters, just as they descended on journalists, who attempted to take photos during the attack.

Speaking exclusively to Ikenga Chronicles, Kalu who said he knew nothing of the widely reported Igbo massacre said that he had never read about it.

‘’I don’t know if any pro-Trump protester was killed because I have never seen or read it on the national dailies. I can’t support innocent killings. But if it is true that any of the Ndi-Igbo were killed for staging a peaceful protest, May their souls rest in peace.’’

‘’ My prayer is that God should give us a country where there is rule of law, justice and equity.’’

On why he visited the embattled Director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu in Kuje prison, the former Governor said his visitation was by choice and based on the principle of the United Nations that urges people to visit prisoners.

‘’My visit to Nnamdi Kanu in Kuje prison was by choice and based on United Nations Principles . There is no political string attached. So Nigerians should not crucify me for visiting him. ‘’

When Ikenga Chronicles correspondent probed further to find out if he had by any means persuaded Nnamdi Kalu to drop the Biafra agitation, he fired back , ‘’ I will stop answering your questions, you ask questions as if you are a Biafran. I never discussed the issue of Biafra with him during my visit.”

Recall that on December 16, Kalu had paid a visit to Nnamdi Kanu, the incarcerated leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra. Kalu, who shared photos from the visit on social media, said the Biafra leader does not belong in Kuje prison. He described Kanu as his “brother” and stated that his freedom was of “utmost concern” to him.

The former Abia Governor also debunked the insinuation that he defected to APC in a ploy to get soft landing on his ongoing corruption trial. Kalu, who is facing trial by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over a N3.2b fraud, said he decided to join the ruling APC by choice.

“I was never forced to join the ruling APC. The narrative flying around that I defected to the party because of my case in court is pedestrian. The narratives don’t add up. ‘’

He further explained that his decision to join the APC gave him popularity in the South East because the Igbos appreciate the works and ideology of the party.

Taking a jibe on the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), he said explained that the party was a misfit for the South East.

It should be noted that APC supporters are enthusiastic that the recent defection of former Uzor Kalu to the party will boost its fortunes not only in the state but across the South-East geo-political zone. However, the party’s critics and opponents had disagreed, alleging that the former governor’s political influence has waned so much that his entrance may not make significant difference both in his....

Credit: http://ikengachronicles.com/exclusive-kalu-opens-up-on-biafra-apc-pdp-others/

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Kalu Opens Up On Biafra, APC, PDP, Others by Nwodosis(m): 3:59am On Jan 25, 2017
Where is the opening up?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Kalu Opens Up On Biafra, APC, PDP, Others by porshnuel: 4:22am On Jan 25, 2017
atlast FTC
i dnt sincerly knw wat dis orji iscariot stands to gain bt i pray God keeps him alive to reap wat he sow
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Kalu Opens Up On Biafra, APC, PDP, Others by funlord(m): 5:18am On Jan 25, 2017
porshnuel:
atlast FTC
i dnt sincerly knw wat dis orji iscariot stands to gain bt i pray God keeps him alive to reap wat he sow

FTC from where? Abeg my nigga look this mumu.... grin

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Kalu Opens Up On Biafra, APC, PDP, Others by porshnuel: 5:36am On Jan 25, 2017
i pray mak dis post no en fp ewu
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Kalu Opens Up On Biafra, APC, PDP, Others by Blackfire(m): 6:00am On Jan 25, 2017
Confused politician
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Kalu Opens Up On Biafra, APC, PDP, Others by lazsnaira(m): 6:04am On Jan 25, 2017
NO NEWS HERE

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Kalu Opens Up On Biafra, APC, PDP, Others by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:42am On Jan 25, 2017
I searched and searched to see where he opened up but I saw nothing. Orji Uzo Kalu, you don't need to be forced to join apc when you know joining will save your head. See him sounding all modest "you're asking questions like a biafran".

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Cannever Learn From The Civil War - Ike Ekweremmadu / Open letter To Chukwuma Nzeogwu By Okoyele Neddy / Jubilee Bridge-abule Egba Has Caused A Devastating Flood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.