Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption (44116 Views)

Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia / Saraki Seized My $200,000 - Omoyele Sowore Opens Up (VIDEO) / Omoyele Sowore Mocks Buhari & His Cabal. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
googlepikins:
I feel sorry for your generation
cheesy Gbagam
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by femlake(m): 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2017
The man is a disaster!!! angry shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by dyoungkarlmarx(m): 6:39pm On Jan 25, 2017
He's got a point there.i believe he must have uttered that because he's seen that the anti-corruption fight by this hellish government is lopsided.

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
grin grin grin destroy the prisons too. Oh don't forget to withdraw your security men/women grin grin clowns in a place of seriousness
SexyBabe001:
Speaking while making his contributing to the debate on the 2017 budget during the senate plenary on Wednesday, a senator from Ondo state, Omoyele Omogunwa, called for the legalisation of corruption in the country.

The lawmaker who spoke at the u‎pper legislative chamber, lamented that corruption was pervasive in the country, argued that it should be “legalised”.

The senator said there was corruption in the judiciary, and even within the anti-corruption ‎agencies, adding that if corruption was legalised, Nigerians who stole public funds would use them in building factories and industries in the country, instead of having them stashed away abroad.

He added that the performance of the 2016 budget should be examined first before that of 2017 is determined.

The official Twitter handle of the Senate also confirmed Omogunwa’s suggestion, writing: “Senator Omogunwa notes that Budgets doesn’t have maximal impact due to corruption. He says corruption shld be legalized/liberalized then.”

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2017/01/controversy-in-national-assembly-as.html
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by olutoscene(m): 6:46pm On Jan 25, 2017
Abi Man yii ya were ni undecided
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by naijaking1: 6:48pm On Jan 25, 2017
The senator is a very wise man. His speech calls for a full understanding of what's corruption. You can't fight corruption if you don't know what it means, basically

Confusing political victimization with fight against corruption is the reason why we're in this mess.
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by youssylee: 6:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
Ah ah legalise kwarapshion...how did he even become a senator..,check him very well he got there thru kwarapshion..,what is dis country turning into
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by 1stdammy: 6:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
seunmsg:

It makes no danm sense. The CBN governor can as well loot the entire foreign reserve and start an industry with the loot, right? If we legalise corruption today, only the elites who are in public office will benefit. They will loot your future and that of your children today. In the next few years, the country will be so broke that there will be nothing left again to steal.

Fighting corruption is never going to be easy but we have no alternative than to continue battling the scourge. That Buhari failed a major test in the fight against corruption by clearing Babachir Lawal doesn't mean we should then legalise corruption. Nigerians must realise that the war on corruption is one that must be won in the long run.
But not to be won in the short run abi Ok
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Cire80: 7:06pm On Jan 25, 2017
If this is not satirical then I don't know what to say. There's no debate about legalizing corruption. I don't see what and how it would be implemented.
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by kaplip(m): 7:06pm On Jan 25, 2017
What the f*** , Jesu, our SINators again oo
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Smartmey(m): 7:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
im short of words
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by ellovee(m): 7:19pm On Jan 25, 2017
chukwukahenry:

Dino is from kogi
you are right, thanks for the correction!
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
Why would you give a thumbs up for a phenomenon that's inherently evil, by attaching good intentions to it? He could as well suggest assassination, kidnapping amongst others be given consideration for legal recognition. Not in support but each individual has his or her own opinion.
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by johnspurgeon014(m): 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2017
Bubu! Catch am! EFCC probe am!!! What are we waiting grin grin grin
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by nrexzy: 8:04pm On Jan 25, 2017
SexyBabe001:
Speaking while making his contributing to the debate on the 2017 budget during the senate plenary on Wednesday, a senator from Ondo state, Omoyele Omogunwa, called for the legalisation of corruption in the country.

The lawmaker who spoke at the u‎pper legislative chamber, lamented that corruption was pervasive in the country, argued that it should be “legalised”.

The senator said there was corruption in the judiciary, and even within the anti-corruption ‎agencies, adding that if corruption was legalised, Nigerians who stole public funds would use them in building factories and industries in the country, instead of having them stashed away abroad.

He added that the performance of the 2016 budget should be examined first before that of 2017 is determined.

The official Twitter handle of the Senate also confirmed Omogunwa’s suggestion, writing: “Senator Omogunwa notes that Budgets doesn’t have maximal impact due to corruption. He says corruption shld be legalized/liberalized then.”

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2017/01/controversy-in-national-assembly-as.html
Him get luck say baba bubu no dey dem for probe am this night
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by OkayChurchboy(m): 8:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
Legalize Corruption? the Senate is a joke Factory
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
Keegan:
I think this makes a lot of sense. Since that's what majority of us prefer and no one wants to change his dubious ways.
But Bros you funny o. But I'm more surprised that your comment garnered over 70 likes grin Look, corruption isn't legal, yet this people lack empathy and common sense as they're near dissipating the entire Nigeria. There's only one solution to corruption: capital punishment. Once you nab a looter, execute the mofo. I belong to and support no party, but I believe Buhari is deceiving Nigerians. Why? - Because I believe you can't fight corruption with the same laws that are passive on corruption undecided
Don't jail looters, kill them and start implementing fiscal federalism.
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Maxiholymalam: 8:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
If they legalize corruption, they shouldn't forget to legalize arm rubbering .let us go on wildlife .and see who go tier ! angry angry
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Ohamzee: 8:22pm On Jan 25, 2017
timmykaydude:
mr man are you okay? It seems you need brain surgery,if corruption is legalised inflation will also rise and had an effect on the nigeria currency,it seems you don't think at all..empty brain
you people always making a mountain of a mole hill. even a mad man knows it's simply a rhetoric to pass his message. so for ur mind now u don criticize person? the dude Is simply portraying how worse corruption has become in Nigeria to an extent that u cannot tell if actually it is legal or not. he is simply saying people steal in broad daylight and yet get away with it just like Fulani herdsmen. olodo. surely u will make a very bad analyst. gerarahear joor

Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Tjango(m): 8:38pm On Jan 25, 2017
we still av a long way to go in this country
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by ebenholer(m): 9:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
He just seems to be sarcastic he doesn't mean what he said but seems not happy that upon all fight against corruption so far we are yet to see any cheering result of the fight.
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Sirjamo: 9:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
steppin:
Smh. If this statement was made by an Igbo man, the brown roof fockers would have the descended on igbos in this thread, like a venue of vultures.
But since it's one of their own, the story changes.
He belongs to the lpobs party, pdp
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Teedol: 9:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
bigtiny10:
But Bros you funny o. But I'm more surprised that your comment garnered over 70 likes grin Look, corruption isn't legal, yet this people lack empathy and common sense as they're near dissipating the entire Nigeria. There's only one solution to corruption: capital punishment. Once you nab a looter, execute the mofo. I belong to and support no party, but I believe Buhari is deceiving Nigerians. Why? - Because I believe you can't fight corruption with the same laws that are passive on corruption undecided
Don't jail looters, kill them and start implementing fiscal federalism.
Pangolo123:
Why would you give a thumbs up for a phenomenon that's inherently evil, by attaching good intentions to it? He could as well suggest assassination, kidnapping amongst others be given consideration for legal recognition. Not in support but each individual has his or her own opinion.

Make una read through the line before making comments... The senator was simply saying corruption has gone too deep into our systems. He is not encouraging it.
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
Teedol:

Make una read through the line before making comments... The senator was simply saying corruption has gone too deep into our systems. He is not encouraging it.
Mister, what are you saying? Ayam not understanding o. Here's an excerpt of his speech, kindly read again: "The senator said there was corruption in the judiciary, and even within the anti-corruption ‎agencies, adding that if corruption was legalised, Nigerians who stole public funds would use them in building factories and industries in the country, instead of having them stashed away abroad."
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by obawankasi(m): 10:23pm On Jan 25, 2017
just a shame!
leaders doesn't know their duties
followers blame their leaders for their woes after selling their right
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by nengiscrib: 12:08am On Jan 26, 2017
I think people are actually getting the point wrong. The man is actually trying to bring to the lime light what we've always known, but happen to not say a damn thing about it. Of course corruption can't and will never be legalized, that's obviously never going to happen, legally, but literally its a nor, in Nigeria.

Can u imagine the powerful statement he made; (even in anti-corruption agencies, corruption is heavily practiced). From the top to the bottom, from contracts to budgets, i mean for show and tell, how can der b the purchasing of computers in the budget as if the previous ones all went bad. electricity, lobbied job placement, etc.

Seriously the man isnt stupid. He is actually trying to make us not just aware but creating an avenue for citizens to be more proactive and question/ challenge even in the slightest manner, corrupt practices that has ravaged our great nation.

I'm not Ben Murray bruce, bur i still want to make common sense. Cheers
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by Kingpee2(m): 12:10am On Jan 26, 2017
Drazeen:
I don't even know what to say.

Then don't say a word if you don't know what to say.
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 3:23am On Jan 26, 2017
Can you imagine, What the wailing wailers want..
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by einsteinn(m): 9:19am On Jan 26, 2017
i think he has a point...jus as some countries legalize prostituion n tax them.. corruption hv eaten deeply into every area of the nation....
while i dont support legalizing corruption,buh i blv we need a new approach to this fight against corruption...i dnt knw ,buh even thise fighting corruption r corrupt making the fight in itself corrupt...with our monies stashed in banks overseas n working in such economies while we struggle...there is need for a new approach,one that ensures it both discouraged n also benefited from for the nation....my #2cents
Re: Omoyele Omogunwa6 Asks Senate To Legalize Corruption by mikolo80: 5:59am On Jan 28, 2017
seunmsg:

It makes no danm sense. The CBN governor can as well loot the entire foreign reserve and start an industry with the loot, right? If we legalise corruption today, only the elites who are in public office will benefit. They will loot your future and that of your children today. In the next few years, the country will be so broke that there will be nothing left again to steal.

Fighting corruption is never going to be easy but we have no alternative than to continue battling the scourge. That Buhari failed a major test in the fight against corruption by clearing Babachir Lawal doesn't mean we should then legalise corruption. Nigerians must realise that the war on corruption is one that must be won in the long run.
corruption will fight back and win. Is it not better to give amnesty to 300 billion stolen dollars to come and be invested in power factories rail and mass housing providing job for engineers plumbers drivers carpenters and suppliers.
We all want to see them in jail but that's not happening not with western govt also interested in keeping these monies in their economies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries / Pictures Of Civilian Presidents Of Nigeria In Military Uniforms / Osinbajo, Ambode Dance At Redeemed Convention (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.