Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? (1265 Views)

I Need Different Expression In Ms Access / Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by luckyCO(m): 9:21am On Jan 15, 2007
Plz help me, Programming in MS Visual C++ and C++.Net Does it make me MS Mrs? Plz help.
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by adewaleafolabi(m): 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2007
i believe it does. why don't u just learn c++ at least by that way you would be able to develop for multiple platforms easily. So if you don't see the need me you developing natively for another os or even see the possibility of you leaving ms then go for the visual c++
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by luckyCO(m): 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2007
How can I get Visual C++, Can Turbo C++ be of help?
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:51pm On Jan 15, 2007
i don't quite understand your question. is it that you want to download visual c++ if so u can go to microsoft and download the express edition
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by luckyCO(m): 9:09am On Jan 16, 2007
No I can get you. I mean how can I get Visual C++ which will not make me Mrs of whatoever the platform I use in developing it. May not be MS Visual C++.

Why because I like developing programs in visual environment and I really want to be broken from MS thing to across other platforms. Plz help
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by luckyCO(m): 9:18am On Jan 16, 2007
Now I can get you. I mean how can I get Visual C++ which will not make me Mrs of whatoever the platform I use in developing it. May not be MS Visual C++.

Why because I like developing programs in visual environment and I really want to be broken from MS thing to across other platforms. Please help
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:28pm On Jan 16, 2007
ok if you want to develop for linux you can try mono, but i think this works for visual basic but you should google and get more info.you might be lucky
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by luckyCO(m): 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2007
Thanks for your consistent help
Can I say that Mono is a version of Linux?

adewaleafolabi:

ok if you want to develop for linux you can try mono, but i think this works for visual basic but you should google and get more info.you might be lucky

Does it mean that I can program Vb in mono?
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by dejisys(m): 8:00pm On Jan 17, 2007
Mono is not a version of Linux, Mono provides the necessary software to develop and run .NET client and server applications on Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X, Windows, and Unix.

Visual C++ is made by Microsoft and it targets the Win32 platforms. Your programs will NEVER run on any other platform except thru an interpreter.

If you want to target all paltforms use Java or Turbo C++ (but you will have to recompile for each platform)
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:47pm On Jan 17, 2007
deji said it all but u can still give mono a shot. if u're really serious about leaving ms i'll be glad to be your guide. also there are gui's for java. i think there's netbeans or something similar. P.S I wrote an application in vb 6 and ran it in linux using wine
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by luckyCO(m): 10:41am On Jan 18, 2007
Thanks
But plz what is wine?
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by parosky(m): 10:57am On Jan 18, 2007
WINdows Emulator. You use it to run windows apps on Linux.
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by luckyCO(m): 12:57pm On Jan 18, 2007
Where can I download it
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by adewaleafolabi(m): 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2007
do u run linux if yes what distro? cause knowing that would make your life easier.
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by niceuzor: 1:15pm On Jan 18, 2007
@adewaleafolabi

But dont u think we have to Google Dis Question

to help dis guy.
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by parosky(m): 3:20pm On Jan 18, 2007
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:10am On Jan 19, 2007
@parosky at wine hq it would be the source package and compiling from source could be hell most times. since i don't know which version of linux she uses, i'd just advice she looks into the repositories and get the debian or rpm depending on her distro
Re: Programming In Ms Visual C++ And C++.net Does It Make Me Ms Mrs? by luckyCO(m): 12:48pm On Jan 20, 2007
Which version of wine do I need to download that will work with red Heart? I want my VB to work on linux.plz help

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help With Hospital Management System Project / Become A Professional Ethical Hacker This May / Is Programming A Profitable Skill?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.