Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu (1446 Views)

Tenure Elongation: Buhari Has Saved APC From Serious Legal Turmoil, Says Tinubu / 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Buhari, Says Tinubu / Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by dukie25: 2:36am On Jan 26, 2017
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has urged the Federal Government to bring Nigeria out of the throes of recession by urgently reviewing its monetary policies.

Tinubu spoke on Wednesday as a guest lecturer at the National Defence College Course 25 lecture, titled, “Strategic Leadership: My Political Experiences.”

He argued that Nigeria’s current inflation rate of 18 per cent was unbearable and Nigerians were suffering for it.

The APC chieftain, who urged the Federal Government to “stimulate this economy,” said the decline of oil prices seemed to be a long-term phenomenon and strategic objectives must be put in place to re-engineer the economy, using the bottom-up approach.

He said, “In the situation we face, deficit spending is essential to bolster aggregate demand and direct funds to projects that build infrastructure and bolster employment. We must better harmonise monetary policy with fiscal policy. It undercuts our goals if monetary policy is unduly tight at a time when fiscal policy begets deficit spending.

“We must also realign trade policy with our need to create a meaningful industrial base and more potent agricultural sector. We can no longer allow cheap imports to preclude the development of industries and sectors strategic to our enduring economic future.

“What am I doing if I have a billion, and you are ready to give me 180 million, that is 18 per cent upfront, do I have to work or do anything again? These are the factors they have to look at quickly to ease the monetary policy. You have to stimulate this economy, you have to spend yourself out of this recession and you cannot do that by consistently stifling the banks of liquidity. It is their money; it is their saving. We have to criticise ourselves when it is necessary, speak truth to power. We are the power, we speak truth to ourselves.

“The monetary policy must be consistent with the environmental need of our domestic requirements, you cannot hold on too much or too tight to a policy.”

Tinubu added that the leadership of the APC was right to criticise the Federal Government, because “when it is necessary, speak truth to the power, we are the power, we will talk the truth to ourselves.”

The APC national leader said the country would benefit more from a consistent monetary policy.

“Our fiscal policy does not mesh with monetary policy. Trade policy undermines industrial policy, thus the ease of doing business is inhibited. Overseas peacekeeping missions do not always harmonise with core foreign policy interests. A nation in progress seeks to minimise, not harvest additional contradictions, otherwise its leadership strategy is doomed to fail.

“Strategic objectives during this period of economic uncertainty must be to re-engineer the economy bottom up, diversify the economic base, strengthen our industrial base, modernise infrastructure, enhance agriculture, and provide employment and of course, ease of doing business,” he added.

The Commandant of the College, Rear Admiral Samuel Alade, said the history of the return to democracy and democratic governance would be incomplete without nationalists such as Tinubu.

“That is why we have invited him to give a lecture on strategic leadership because every country requires a well-developed leadership and there is no time Nigeria needs this more than now,” the commandant added.

http://punchng.com/inflation-rate-becoming-unbearable-says-tinubu/
Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by dukie25: 2:38am On Jan 26, 2017
Coming from the ediot who helped in bringing The Dullardist to power.

21 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by Splashme: 2:59am On Jan 26, 2017
Eeediot that misled gullible Nigerians
into voting in this senile illiterate as president

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by juventino: 3:08am On Jan 26, 2017
Old fool that brought us into this mess. You're on your own

15 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by melvinjames: 3:15am On Jan 26, 2017
Stupid good for nothing thief that brought illiterate Buhari, how market?

12 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by AllTheWayUp: 3:29am On Jan 26, 2017
grin grin grin

Tinubu is wailing too

Nobody should Sell wailers form to Thief-nubu

11 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by Flexherbal(m): 3:30am On Jan 26, 2017
What is now the way out of the inflation?

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by Nobody: 3:37am On Jan 26, 2017
[quote author=dukie25 post=53134493][/quote] Inflation at 18 percent. If you do not have an investment that beats this percentage, licensed, regulated and audited, your money is dropping in value. Check my signature for such investment.
Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by Blackfire(m): 3:42am On Jan 26, 2017
May your enemies not ve peace, as long as they sit on your seat.

APC + zombies over to u.

6 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by Sibrah: 3:54am On Jan 26, 2017
Only if Jo took similar advice.
Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by Luukasz(m): 4:11am On Jan 26, 2017
This folks got nothin but all talks and no action in stock.

5 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by Toosure70: 4:25am On Jan 26, 2017
May God help us o.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by Nnanwoyi: 4:50am On Jan 26, 2017
This is usually their tactics when elections come close.
Incase he choses a different candidate to run for president, which I believe he would do.
I am not one of the idiotdss who blame Tinubu for forcing Buhari on us, I bet he didn't know things would get this worse.
But I want him out of power too, his ideologies are outdated.

3 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by owodokiri: 4:58am On Jan 26, 2017
He told us buhari was the messiah, now he is a wailer.. This is how this gluttonous bunch wants to play political football with your life for eternity. He made a man who has never built anything worthwhile at 70 the president of a modernizing Nigeria and now he worries why the same man is running down the whole country? He was warned but he wouldnt listene because he was promised Lagos-Ibadam expressway. His massive quantity of zombeic followers are still yelling "jagabaaaaan" after this catastrophic choices, obviously they haven't got the memo. Meanwhile this corrupt area father through his perculiar brand of agbero politics has led everybody into "sophisticated" slavery under the leadership of a president who has destroyed the little gains made since 1999..

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by Jengem: 5:01am On Jan 26, 2017
Tinubu see your life?

Opolo eyes chimp

4 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by Mynd44: 5:05am On Jan 26, 2017
Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by Jabioro: 5:09am On Jan 26, 2017
Hmmm! Everything got messier,l hope he can be stand corrected or returns us to where he pick us .,@least where better off then than now.

3 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by Ekpekus(m): 5:17am On Jan 26, 2017
Na now day break abi... ok o grin

3 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by oloriooko(m): 5:24am On Jan 26, 2017
Man wey dey dance hard dance,na hin brokos e dey wahala
Jags has made a grave political error now he's talking rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by ajepako(f): 5:39am On Jan 26, 2017
So the scales on BAT is removed enough to see the anomality and pain he inflicted on the poor masses?

God is watching..

5 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by Izonpikin: 6:05am On Jan 26, 2017
Nonsense big eyed man...tell that to your followers...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by idupaul: 6:35am On Jan 26, 2017
I have never seen the kind of suffering Nigerians are going through right now , Enough is enough PMB

3 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by DoyenExchange: 6:52am On Jan 26, 2017
It is simply unbearable undecided

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by merbenko: 7:00am On Jan 26, 2017
What did u expect.

3 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by shaddoww: 7:28am On Jan 26, 2017
Na only headline some people dey read. The only candidate dat could av defeated PDP was Buhari but the Tinubu’s thought after getting him to power, dey will surround him with some of Nigeria's best brains, but getting to power, Buhari chose his own part, so d only thing we can do now is to urge dos dat brought him in to help us push him back to Daura.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by suxkill: 7:51am On Jan 26, 2017
Just st4uk before i break your smelling mouth.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by Fyno: 7:54am On Jan 26, 2017
Since Baba die,Tinubu just dey talk anyhow,coward

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by wristbangle: 7:55am On Jan 26, 2017
shaddoww:
Na only headline some people dey read. The only candidate dat could av defeated PDP was Buhari but the Tinubu’s thought after getting him to power, dey will surround him with some of Nigeria's best brains, but getting to power, Buhari chose his own part, so d only thing we can do now is to urge dos dat brought him in to help us push him back to Daura.

U have spoken well my friend
Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by lagdmark(m): 8:01am On Jan 26, 2017
Jengem:
Tinubu see your life?

Opolo eyes chimp
No mind the greedy mumu. Now the Fulani JuJu don clear from the opolo eyes.
They should have stoned him, The Slayer of Nigerian economy/politics

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Becoming Unbearable, Says Tinubu by Nbote(m): 8:41am On Jan 26, 2017
I thought all their policies were foolproof and by saints who would get things back to normal in no time? I thought Nigerians and the previous administrations were the problem nd not d govt? @Sarrki com oooo, ur ppl are now stylishly leaving u behind ooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lere Olayinka Visits PMB In London / PDP Attacks Buhari:'Ur Newly Launched Economic Recovery Plan Is Dead On Arrival' / EFCC On Twitter And In Court(hilarious)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.