Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Help On Charging Advertisers For Ads Placement On My Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help On Charging Advertisers For Ads Placement On My Blog (774 Views)

Will Google Approve Ads Placement On My Site. / Forget SEO, Pay For Ads If You Have The Money / Simple Ads Placement Mistake That Gets Your Google Adsense Disapproved Or Banned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Charging Advertisers For Ads Placement On My Blog by TEE099(m): 2:58am On Jan 26, 2017
Hi webmasters on nairaland.

I need serious assistance, I want to create an advertising rate page to sell ad spaces to advertisers.

Now, I wanna understand the true and most common way to charge, looking at the number of visitors I get on my blog daily.

Actually, I want to know how to charge even when not clicked, as in the duration the ad is spending on my blog.

Like someone once said on this NL, when last did you click an ad on nairaland? Does that stop Seun from making his money?

That sensed to me that ads can be charged by duration time so long it is placed in somewhere conspicuous, asides those that'll go ahead to click the ads.

Please I need someone or some persons to put me through how to go about this, perhaps, someone already charging advertisers on his/her blog or website.

Thanks in anticipation!!! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Help On Charging Advertisers For Ads Placement On My Blog by TEE099(m): 5:05pm On Jan 26, 2017
Hahannn, no one to assist me on nairaland here
Re: Help On Charging Advertisers For Ads Placement On My Blog by D34lw4p(m): 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2017
Charging for ads depends on how much traffic your website is getting.

For example you can charge for sponsored posts, ads between your site posts, header or footer but you need to analyze your website thoroughly to charge your advertisers, you can't be getting 100 visitors per day and expect people to pay u for ads when there ate site raking in Millions of visitors daily. Anyway, join us here: www.nct.com.ng
Re: Help On Charging Advertisers For Ads Placement On My Blog by TEE099(m): 12:13pm On Jan 27, 2017
D34lw4p:
Charging for ads depends on how much traffic your website is getting.

For example you can charge for sponsored posts, ads between your site posts, header or footer but you need to analyze your website thoroughly to charge your advertisers, you can't be getting 100 visitors per day and expect people to pay u for ads when there ate site raking in Millions of visitors daily. Anyway, join us here: www.nct.com.ng
Hi, sorry you seem not to get me so well. I ain't talking about traffic here, I'm talking about how to charge relative to the traffic. The sites you're talking about with huge traffic won't charge little penny either so the amount charge is relative to the traffic delivered. hence, my question is how to charge the advertisers based on you know? the number of traffic delivered (say like the number of my page views), some say some terms like cost per impression, cost per click and etc. I want to know how to do this completely so I can set up my advertising page where advertisers can get familiar with how I charge, whether the traffic I get is huge or not, they'll pay for the traffic delivered. I think I can deliver about 1000 traffic (pageviews) per day or thereabout.
Re: Help On Charging Advertisers For Ads Placement On My Blog by TEE099(m): 11:10am On Jan 28, 2017
TEE099:
Hi, sorry you seem not to get me so well. I ain't talking about traffic here, I'm talking about how to charge relative to the traffic. The sites you're talking about with huge traffic won't charge little penny either so the amount charge is relative to the traffic delivered. hence, my question is how to charge the advertisers based on you know? the number of traffic delivered (say like the number of my page views), some say some terms like cost per impression, cost per click and etc. I want to know how to do this completely so I can set up my advertising page where advertisers can get familiar with how I charge, whether the traffic I get is huge or not, they'll pay for the traffic delivered. I think I can deliver about 1000 traffic (pageviews) per day or thereabout.
I'm still waiting ooo, help ooo shocked shocked shocked
Re: Help On Charging Advertisers For Ads Placement On My Blog by Jose213(m): 12:53pm On Jan 28, 2017
There is no single calculation that will tell you the exact right price to charge advertisers that want to place ads on your blog.

However, there are some rules of thumb and baseline calculations that you can use to get started. The real science of calculating the right online advertising rates comes through experimentation.
The truth is there are a lot of factors that affect the amount you should charge for online advertising on your blog.

The type of ad (image, video, text, and so on) can affect the price as well as placement and the payment structure (for example, pay-per-click vs. pay-per-impression vs. flat rate).
For example, ads placed above the fold should cost more than ads below the fold, but the challenge is finding the right price to maximize earnings. In other words, what is the right price to charge for each type of ad you'll publish on your blog and in each possible location where those ads can be displayed to visitors?

The sweet spot for your ad pricing is the price that keeps ad space filled without undervaluing that space. A popular method for calculating blog advertising rates is to divide the number of daily visitors to your blog that could see the ad by ten.

Your calculation would look like this:

1000 ÷ 10 =$100 Flat 30-Day Advertising.

It's important to understand that the value of your audience could affect ad pricing, too. For example, a blog with a highly targeted and desirable niche audience that advertisers want to connect with could demand a premium advertising rate from those advertisers.

Furthermore, your audience's propensity to click on ads can also affect advertising rates.

For example, if your audience tends not to click on ads, you need to factor that into your pricing model.
Don't Undervalue or Overvalue Your Blog
It's important to price advertising space on your blog as close to that aforementioned sweet spot as possible.

However, until you identify what that sweet spot is, it can be easy to fall into the trap of undervaluing or overvaluing your blog.
Undervaluing your blog advertising space might keep that space filled and guarantee that you'll continue to earn money from that space, but it also means you won't make as much as you realistically could earn from that space. Furthermore, undervaluing your ad space creates a perception in advertisers' minds that your blog is worth less than it really is. You want advertisers to perceive your blog as offering a good value for the money without seeming cheap.

Overvaluing your blog advertising space could keep you from selling all of your ad space each month. Furthermore, it might create perceptions in advertisers' minds that their ads will be seen frequently and your audience is very receptive to ads. If the results of the ad campaigns they pay for on your blog don't meet their expectations, they won't advertise on your blog again.

That means lost future revenue for you.

Another important step in calculating advertising rates for your blog is to analyze what your competitors are doing. Find other blogs with similar audiences and traffic levels as yours and check out their advertising rate sheets. Visit an online advertising provider website like BuySellAds.com where you can quickly research advertising rates on a variety of blogs.

Use all of this information to determine the best rates to charge for online advertising on your blog, and be prepared to adjust those rates as you test different ad formats, placements, and so on.

1 Like

Re: Help On Charging Advertisers For Ads Placement On My Blog by techrom(m): 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2017
Hi do you know much of the time made inquiry about affiliate showcasing and articles to help affiliate succeed general topic discussion ranging from affiliate marketing ,traffic and content ,the art of mailing ,design development and programing ,hosting and domains ,industry news ,affiliate managers ,start up ,product development ,business strategy ,web management and development ,software development and google ranking and many more are discuss on http://techrom.xobor.com check it out know.
Re: Help On Charging Advertisers For Ads Placement On My Blog by TEE099(m): 10:14am On Jan 30, 2017
Jose213:
There is no single calculation that will tell you the exact right price to charge advertisers that want to place ads on your blog.

However, there are some rules of thumb and baseline calculations that you can use to get started. The real science of calculating the right online advertising rates comes through experimentation.
The truth is there are a lot of factors that affect the amount you should charge for online advertising on your blog.

The type of ad (image, video, text, and so on) can affect the price as well as placement and the payment structure (for example, pay-per-click vs. pay-per-impression vs. flat rate).
For example, ads placed above the fold should cost more than ads below the fold, but the challenge is finding the right price to maximize earnings. In other words, what is the right price to charge for each type of ad you'll publish on your blog and in each possible location where those ads can be displayed to visitors?

The sweet spot for your ad pricing is the price that keeps ad space filled without undervaluing that space. A popular method for calculating blog advertising rates is to divide the number of daily visitors to your blog that could see the ad by ten.

Your calculation would look like this:

1000 ÷ 10 =$100 Flat 30-Day Advertising.

It's important to understand that the value of your audience could affect ad pricing, too. For example, a blog with a highly targeted and desirable niche audience that advertisers want to connect with could demand a premium advertising rate from those advertisers.

Furthermore, your audience's propensity to click on ads can also affect advertising rates.

For example, if your audience tends not to click on ads, you need to factor that into your pricing model.
Don't Undervalue or Overvalue Your Blog
It's important to price advertising space on your blog as close to that aforementioned sweet spot as possible.

However, until you identify what that sweet spot is, it can be easy to fall into the trap of undervaluing or overvaluing your blog.
Undervaluing your blog advertising space might keep that space filled and guarantee that you'll continue to earn money from that space, but it also means you won't make as much as you realistically could earn from that space. Furthermore, undervaluing your ad space creates a perception in advertisers' minds that your blog is worth less than it really is. You want advertisers to perceive your blog as offering a good value for the money without seeming cheap.

Overvaluing your blog advertising space could keep you from selling all of your ad space each month. Furthermore, it might create perceptions in advertisers' minds that their ads will be seen frequently and your audience is very receptive to ads. If the results of the ad campaigns they pay for on your blog don't meet their expectations, they won't advertise on your blog again.

That means lost future revenue for you.

Another important step in calculating advertising rates for your blog is to analyze what your competitors are doing. Find other blogs with similar audiences and traffic levels as yours and check out their advertising rate sheets. Visit an online advertising provider website like BuySellAds.com where you can quickly research advertising rates on a variety of blogs.

Use all of this information to determine the best rates to charge for online advertising on your blog, and be prepared to adjust those rates as you test different ad formats, placements, and so on.
Thanks a lot man for this insight, can I private message you?
Re: Help On Charging Advertisers For Ads Placement On My Blog by Jose213(m): 8:09am On Jan 31, 2017
TEE099:
Thanks a lot man for this insight, can I private message you?

ok

(1) (Reply)

2 Powerful Tools That Gives Me Steady Income / Scam Pages And Hosting Available For All Websites You Want / Ponzi Script Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.