Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,658 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions (6185 Views)

CV Template/format For All Jobs In Nigeria 2019 Pdf/word Doc. / All Jobs Advertised Last Week In Mhcj, Posted By Eduresearch / All Jobs Advertised Last Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by nmreports: 5:50am On Jan 26, 2017
First, here is a collection of new vacancies for today the 30th of March. Take advantage of it.
Like 15 different jobs:

http://www.hrtechnique.com/2017/03/collection-of-vacancies-2.html

Good day,

TAGGED SERIOUS: Read Carefully (Thread is for people like me who always strive to get better).

I was advised to create this thread where we can ask each-other questions and get answers to them from those with experience BUT I am going to start off with Three Powerful Resource That Will Aid AND guide you generally. (Check some questions and answers below).

* How To Write A Winning Resume/ CV: http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/08/how-to-write-winning-resume.html
* How To Ensure HR Get Your CV When You Send It: http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/08/how-to-ensure-hr-administrators-get.html
* Three Types Of Interview And What To Expect: http://www.hrtechnique.com/2017/01/the-three-types-of-interview-styles.html

NOTE:
1. Anyone can answer any question provided they have answers and can be logical or clear with their points.
2. No advice is absolute because you may get multiple perspectives from people. This is just a guide.
3. Insolence, lack of rectitude, immaturity, negativity and uncouthness should be taken elsewhere please.
4. Answers may not come in fast but I AM NEVER MORE ALIVE than when I have the opportunity to serve so will also try my best.

I will personally reawaken the thread if it slips down the line and it cant get better than this so feel free and to your opinion, your grouse or questions. (This is like my own diary).

For example; "How do I begin to introduce myself at interviews?".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by nmreports: 5:50am On Jan 26, 2017
WHAT QUESTIONS DO YOU HAVE?.

1 Like

Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by ademasta(m): 8:05am On Jan 26, 2017
nmreports:
How to answer "can we meet you?"
Most especially for a Management Trainee Position(No work experience)

Thanks.
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by nmreports: 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
ademasta:

How to answer "can we meet you?"
Most especially for a Management Trainee Position(No work experience)

Thanks.

Hello Ademasta,

Sorry this is coming late.

Can we meet you for me, is the most important interview question ever.Its an oppprtunity for you succinctly describe:
1. Who you are.
2. Your work ethics.
3. Your passion and possibilities on the job.

For a new graudate, focus on your personal strength and skills. Sometimes mentioning what you are currently doing in terms of professional courses or ongoing skill development or leadership positions you have taken may help.

So something like this should be fine:

Confidently say

"First of all, I would like to say thank you for the opportunity".

"My name is Femi and I graduated with a second class upper in Accounting from University of Lagos".

"I have always been passionate about numbers and precision, hence my decision to study accounting".

"To further buttress my fascination and plan to build my career in accounting, I have just registered for ICAN and I believe that I will be done with it in 2 years".

"If what you are looking for is someone who is ready to to be the best at his job, then I can assure you that you would not be disappointed"

Trust me, this should be good but the way and manner you pass this message across as well as your gestures will make a whole lot of difference.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by stunningjudy(f): 1:56pm On Jan 26, 2017
Assuming, you are the only female on your team and your supervisor refused to listen to your opinion due to gander discrimination, what would you do?
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by ademasta(m): 1:57pm On Jan 26, 2017
nmreports:

Hello Ademasta,

Sorry this is coming late.

Can we meet you for me, is the most important interview question ever.Its an oppprtunity for you succinctly describe:
1. Who you are.
2. Your work ethics.
3. Your passion and possibilities on the job.

For a new graudate, focus on your personal strength and skills. Sometimes mentioning what you are currently doing in terms of professional courses or ongoing skill development or leadership positions you have taken may help.

So something like this should be fine:

Confidently say

"First of all, I would like to say thank you for the opportunity".

"My name is Femi and I graduated with a second class upper in Accounting from University of Lagos".

"I have always been passionate about numbers and precision, hence my decision to study accounting".

"To further buttress my fascination and plan to build my career in accounting, I have just registered for ICAN and I believe that I will be done with it in 2 years".

"If what you are looking for is someone who is ready to to be the best at his job, then I can assure you that you would not be disappointed"

Trust me, this should be good but the way and manner you pass this message across as well as your gestures will make a whole lot of difference.
Wow! This is great. I believe this will help me in my interview next week. I must confess this topic was created for me.
Thank you so much.
Cc: nmreports
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by ademasta(m): 3:12pm On Jan 26, 2017
nmreports:
How do we answer "what are your career goals?" and "what are your career objectives?"?

Are these questions the same?
Please help with an example on each.
Thank you.
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by nmreports: 5:56pm On Jan 26, 2017
stunningjudy:
Assuming, you are the only female on your team and your supervisor refused to listen to your opinion due to gander discrimination, what would you do?

Sorry to answer you with another question but may I know why you think you are not being listened too due to gender discrimination?.
1. Have you been attacked directly?
2. Abused.
3. Harassed verbally etc.
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by nmreports: 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2017
ademasta:

How do we answer "what are your career goals?" and "what are your career objectives?"?

Are these questions the same?
Please help with an example on each.
Thank you.

Career goals is completely different from career objective although we may use them interchangeably.

1. Career goals = What you intend to achieve as an accountant for example or as a future plan (Futuristic).
2. Career objective = What you intend to achieve on the job (Present).

I will want someone to expand on my explanation or give us an answer. I want this to be a participative thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by stunningjudy(f): 7:07pm On Jan 26, 2017
nmreports:

Sorry to answer you with another question but may I know why you think you are not being listened too due to gender discrimination?.
1. Have you been attacked directly?
2. Abused.
3. Harassed verbally etc.
That's an interview question shocked
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by BiafranBushBoy: 10:34pm On Jan 26, 2017
Can we meet you is one of the simplest question to answer especially if you are applying for the role your have the necessary experience for.
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by nmreports: 12:27pm On Jan 27, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Can we meet you is one of the simplest question to answer especially if you are applying for the role your have the necessary experience for.

Absolutely. Can you briefly shed more light?
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by nmreports: 7:25am On Jan 28, 2017
Happy Weekend Guys
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by tirigbosa: 7:54am On Jan 28, 2017
good morning my bosses here, I'm a corp member and will finish service this may. As the month of may is drawing nearer, my fear is just growing bigger . my question is that does federal agencies gives aptitude tests for recruitment or is it only private companies that use aptitude tests ?
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by nmreports: 11:52am On Jan 28, 2017
tirigbosa:
good morning my bosses here, I'm a corp member and will finish service this may. As the month of may is drawing nearer, my fear is just growing bigger . my question is that does federal agencies gives aptitude tests for recruitment or is it only private companies that use aptitude tests ?

Yes they do.
Almost all of them conduct aptitude tests.
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by Fkforyou(m): 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2017
Hello, for a fresh graduate with little or no experience, how many page CV is the most suitable, 1 or 2. If it's one, then, what informations do you think are the most important to be added and those to be discarded?

Also in writing your educational background, is mentioning the secondary school one attented or pre degree important? I don't think it's important, I just want to be sure.

Also, supposed you have an experience ( even just little) in two entirely different field, and you want to apply in an organization that is entirely different from the two field you had previously had experience in, how do you about mentioning your working experience on your CV?
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by tirigbosa: 4:37pm On Jan 28, 2017
in addition to the post the above question, is it compulsory to have a personal profile and an objective written on the CV too? I have also seen some CVs with passport , when is that to be used? also, must a cover letter be attached to a CV ? if not, when do we need a cover letter?
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by nmreports: 3:14pm On Jan 29, 2017
tirigbosa:
in addition to the post the above question, is it compulsory to have a personal profile and an objective written on the CV too? I have also seen some CVs with passport , when is that to be used? also, must a cover letter be attached to a CV ? if not, when do we need a cover letter?

1. Yes, objective and personal profile is compulsory and it can be arranged anyway you want. Profile before objective or vice versa.
2. Passports on CVs is not compulsory. I believe this is only useful if you are applying for a beauty contest or as required by the recruiter.
3. If a recruiter wants you to attach a cover letter or application letter, it would be specified in the requirements. Otherwise, type a very lovely application letter in the body of the email.

I hope this helps. Feel free.

2 Likes

Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by nmreports: 3:19pm On Jan 29, 2017
Fkforyou:
Hello, for a fresh graduate with little or no experience, how many page CV is the most suitable, 1 or 2. If it's one, then, what informations do you think are the most important to be added and those to be discarded?

Also in writing your educational background, is mentioning the secondary school one attented or pre degree important? I don't think it's important, I just want to be sure.

Also, supposed you have an experience ( even just little) in two entirely different field, and you want to apply in an organization that is entirely different from the two field you had previously had experience in, how do you about mentioning your working experience on your CV?

1. It is suitable to have a maximum of 2 pages except you are a consultant or a manager with lots of years of experience.
2. For a new graduate, well the secondary certificate might come useful if you are an A student. There is no rule against or for it.
3. The experience part is a little tricky. You may tweak the experience in relation to your current role. For example, in the west, they now recognize the importance of a mixture of degrees and experience. A biologist who is now an accountant would be a great fit to audit a pharmaceutical company.
So if you can tweak it to show the interrelationship between your experience and the prospective job then it would be a ++ for you.

2 Likes

Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by fashtundejay(m): 3:58pm On Jan 29, 2017
good day Sir, I can see you are intelligently answering the questions of people, more grace sir.
please , I need your advice on this kind of situation. I am a graduate of elect/Elect engineering , I have just finished serving. as we know there are some engineering companies in the country and I would love to work with them but, they don't have any advert of them recruiting, in fact , with the way I pass through their company everyday , I don't think they want to employ anybody. how can i find out if they need workers as the company is guarded with security men? what can I do to get employed there?will I just take my CV there or what? I hope u understand my scenario.. please,how do I approach such situation? give me your sincere advice sir
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by Loonyy(m): 5:31pm On Jan 29, 2017
Good questions and impeccable answers @ OP u too much Abeg. more grease to your elbows
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by tirigbosa: 6:01pm On Jan 29, 2017
nmreports:

1. Yes, objective and personal profile is compulsory and it can be arranged anyway you want. Profile before objective or vice versa.
2. Passports on CVs is not compulsory. I believe this is only useful if you are applying for a beauty contest or as required by the recruiter.
3. If a recruiter wants you to attach a cover letter or application letter, it would be specified in the requirements. Otherwise, type a very lovely application letter in the body of the email.

I hope this helps. Feel free.

thanks sir
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hello Sir, how do I compose the application mail when I attach my CV? It seems to be the problem as I don't get responses from prospective employers. I think there's something wrong.
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by bologzy(m): 4:00am On Jan 31, 2017
hello, pls how can i write a freelance role in the relevant work experience section of my cv. For example, I am doing a freelance work for two companies with the same job description. how can i attache this to my CV?
Thanks
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by nmreports: 8:51am On Jan 31, 2017
fashtundejay:
good day Sir, I can see you are intelligently answering the questions of people, more grace sir.
please , I need your advice on this kind of situation. I am a graduate of elect/Elect engineering , I have just finished serving. as we know there are some engineering companies in the country and I would love to work with them but, they don't have any advert of them recruiting, in fact , with the way I pass through their company everyday , I don't think they want to employ anybody. how can i find out if they need workers as the company is guarded with security men? what can I do to get employed there?will I just take my CV there or what? I hope u understand my scenario.. please,how do I approach such situation? give me your sincere advice sir

I absolutely get your point.
The following could help:

1. Get the organization's career portal on their website to see if there are;
a. Ongoing vacancies.
b. Have a career email.
c. A resume collection portal.

For b and c, you can send unsolicited emails stating your interest and why you think you should be invited for an interview.

2. Research on linkedIn those who work for said organization and connect. Ask them to help with referral or ask if there are any ongoing or vacant positions.

3. Step into the said organization and apply directly. Create a rapport with the guards. Be friendly and strategic. Get a bottle of drink and offer it. Too radical a approach but may work.
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by nmreports: 7:00am On Feb 01, 2017
bologzy:
hello, pls how can i write a freelance role in the relevant work experience section of my cv. For example, I am doing a freelance work for two companies with the same job description. how can i attache this to my CV?
Thanks

Ignore the fact that its a freelance role.
Whethere contract, full time or freelance, job is job.
What matters most is the experience garnered and your ability to confidently defend it.
Re: JOIN THE GROUP - Answers To All Jobs, CVs, Applcations, Interview Questions by nmreports: 9:27am On Feb 01, 2017
fluxmind:
Hello Sir, how do I compose the application mail when I attach my CV? It seems to be the problem as I don't get responses from prospective employers. I think there's something wrong.

First of all, note instructions given in the vacancy. Trust me HR job is stressful and most usually want to minize issues by focusing on CVs or resumes that are worth it.

Wrong application also provide an avenue to discard unfit persons etc. So first, note the instructions and follow through accordingly.

The application also depends on instructions. If none was given whether to be attached or not, just succinctly put it in the body of the email and attach CV according to instructions.

Lastly, you might someone who is experienced (A friend, neighbours, family, mentor) take a look at your CV for you.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nestle Nigeria Plc Recruitment For Fresh Graduates, February 2018 / Pinsource Nigeria Recruting: (new Read) / How To Apply For IT Project Manager Job At Dangote Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.