Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency (16554 Views)

Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF, Lawal Of Corruption – Garba shehu / Why Buhari Didn’t Attend South-east Economic, Security Summit— Presidency / Why Buhari Didn’t Attend South-East Summit In Enugu - The Sun Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by Islie: 8:03am On Jan 26, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari has not cleared the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) Babachir David Lawal, of allegations of corruption made against him by the Senate, a top Presidency official said last night. The source told our correspondent that Buhari’s letter to the Senate rejecting its recommendation to remove and prosecute the SGF is not an indication of the president’s attitude or ultimate decision on the substantive allegations against Lawal.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, clarified that Buhari, in his letter, explained why he could not accede to the request by the Senate based on the circumstances, clearly leaving open the conclusion of the matter by other means.

A committee of the Senate chaired by Senator Shehu Sani (APC, Kaduna) had accused Babachir of misappropriating funds meant for the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in the northeast. The source stated that Buhari said he could not accede to the recommendation of the Senate on grounds of lack of fair hearing and that the resolution was signed by a minority of the Senate panel and that the panel report itself was an interim report.

According to the source, this does not mean that President Buhari is done with the investigation of the said allegations or that he has condoned such alleged corrupt actions by the SGF.

The source explained: “What this means is that the president wants to be able to handle the matter on his own terms, based purely on proper adherence to extant public service rules and procedures relating to abuse of office by public officers.

“If he is going to discipline his own appointee, he would rather do it properly, not railroaded. No one should be in doubt of the resolve of Mr. President to sustain his long-held reputation for integrity and his zero-level tolerance for corruption. But things must be done properly, and seen to be so. And that is what the president is keen on ensuring.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/corruption-buhari-didn-t-clear-sgf--presidency/182632.html

1 Like

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by zinachidi(m): 8:10am On Jan 26, 2017
which one should we now believe?

7 Likes

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by lovat(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2017
Buhari must be stupid if he thinks he can test Nigerians like this

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by izzou(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2017
grin

I cant wait for the VIP zombies on nairaland to masturbate on this thread.

But one thing is certain. This administration do not have any plan. They are vision less, lack commitment and above all confused. Even the corruption war they chanted before 2015 is dead and buried.

Like I usually say, a revolution is springing up. Buhari may be the last president of Nigeria. It's so glaring that everybody is tired, except for our zombies on nairaland

cool

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by Kx: 8:12am On Jan 26, 2017
I look forward to the day APC would deny that they are the current party in power becos thats about the only thing they have not denied.

What nonsense, what a mess!

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by chriskosherbal(m): 8:14am On Jan 26, 2017
We are waiting.......
Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by Young03(m): 8:15am On Jan 26, 2017
Broad day lie

kwontinue

13 Likes

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:17am On Jan 26, 2017
Tell me something, Tell us something else. Do you guys really think Nigerians are stupid? You thought it's one of those things you do and get away with it just like that abi? Mr President please resign and leave Nigeria alone. You're too old and confused to handle this weight on your shoulders.

At 70+ you should be suckling on feeding bottles like pretty Mike, play with your grandchildren, tell them stories of how you fought in the war, how you always come first in your class while in school, Get enough sleep and attend to visitors once in a while not governing a country of over 190million citizens and still be biased n your decisions and appointments. Sir you've fail those who really looked up to you for change.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by ayindejimmy(m): 8:21am On Jan 26, 2017
So what is the outcome of the investigation the AGF conducted?
What did he recommend?

10 Likes

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 26, 2017
Lol
Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:23am On Jan 26, 2017
The source explained: “What this means is that the president wants to be able to handle the matter on his own terms, based purely on proper adherence to extant public service rules and procedures relating to abuse of office by public officers.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by drss2(m): 8:25am On Jan 26, 2017
spineless directionless useless govt.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:25am On Jan 26, 2017
These people might be thinking we all have exchanged our sense of reasoning with Aisha's oily rice..

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by Defaramade(m): 8:35am On Jan 26, 2017
I'm not surprised, that's their usual way of doing things, denying the obvious undecided

11 Likes

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by pauljumbo: 8:55am On Jan 26, 2017
auto reverse

6 Likes

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by petrov10: 9:00am On Jan 26, 2017
Casandra grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by Solange06: 9:07am On Jan 26, 2017
Buhari should just resign. Is so obvious he does not hv what it takes to rule this country. Hunger is killing Nigerians. We don't want him anymore. Enough is enough

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by Zlatimi: 9:20am On Jan 26, 2017
This govt just deceived Nigerians since 2015... NB: no govt in Nigeria can fight corruption when you still hv element of rouges within your camp... so buhari plss revive the economy and continue to fight your opposition and stop this playing to gallery... fair hearing that was not applied to judges and the likes of dasuki should be applied to sgf... even the process of fair hearing sef Is corruption... abeggi pmb continue to use sure men deodorant and use raid,baygon insecticides for ur enemies... LMAO

6 Likes

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by sdindan: 9:38am On Jan 26, 2017
Playing our collective intelligences.
Nonsense!

6 Likes

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by LordAdam7: 9:45am On Jan 26, 2017
I'm not sure which is more annoying between Buhari's crass incompetence and his consistent barrage of insults against the intelligence of Nigerians.

Everything Buhari has been doing, those of us people like to call wailers have predicted since 2014.

You expect a man who said Abacha is not corrupt (simply because he served under Abacha) to dismiss a loyal corrupt member of the executive?

You expect a man who led a Miyetti Allah delegation to Oyo state government house to reprimand a sitting governor over herdsman-farmer crises in his own state to condemn the consistent Fulani herdsman killings in Nigeria?

Again I say, the 15m Nigerians who voted Buhari are the MOST SENSELESS ST*PID IDI*TS ever to roam this earth!

-Lord

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:54am On Jan 26, 2017
Nonsense. Was he even investigated in the first place? Scam of the century

7 Likes

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by MufasaRebirth: 9:59am On Jan 26, 2017
LordAdam7:
I'm not sure which is more annoying between Buhari's crass incompetence and his consistent barrage of insults against the intelligence of Nigerians.

Everything Buhari has been doing, those of us people like to call wailers have predicted since 2014.

You expect a man who said Abacha is not corrupt (simply because he served under Abacha) to dismiss a loyal corrupt member of the executive?

You expect a man who led a Miyetti Allah delegation to Oyo state government house to reprimand a sitting governor over herdsman-farmer crises in his own state to condemn the consistent Fulani herdsman killings in Nigeria?

Again I say, the 15m Nigerians who voted Buhari are the MOST SENSELESS ST*PID IDI*TS ever to roam this earth!

-Lord
I concur!!!

9 Likes

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by KidsNEXTdoor: 10:00am On Jan 26, 2017
Buhari is a fraud
Buhari is a scam
Buhari is a mistake
Buhari is conc corruption

Nigeria is doomed

14 Likes

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by CyberWolf: 10:03am On Jan 26, 2017
Something for the Nairaland Zombies to masturbate on.. They've really had a terrible week.. grin

This government sha.. I didn't have hope in them so I won't say I've lost hope.. Only total restructure of the system where each State should go and manage what they have, and pay 10 % tax to the center is what per month is what will save this country, otherwise we'd just be running round the circle deceiving ourselves..

8 Likes

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by KidsNEXTdoor: 10:03am On Jan 26, 2017
LordAdam7:

-Lord
Anyone who is among the 15m fools who voted in this calamity
Should better kill himself or commit suicide

9 Likes

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by FreeGlobe(f): 10:04am On Jan 26, 2017
Do we now have 2 presidency? who do we believe now? smh

6 Likes

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by SpitsOnYoruba: 11:00am On Jan 26, 2017
Bh
Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by miqos02(m): 11:01am On Jan 26, 2017
seen
Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by dunkem21(m): 11:01am On Jan 26, 2017
grin
Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by shammah1(m): 11:02am On Jan 26, 2017
These people will not seize to amaze me. They always deny nonsense decisions they made after feeling the heat from the media. Later they'll try to arrest innocent person then claim he or she is responsible for that. Useless government. 2019 is around the corner

2 Likes

Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by slawomir: 11:02am On Jan 26, 2017
ok
Re: Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency by fulaniHERDSman(m): 11:02am On Jan 26, 2017
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adamu: APC Will Reconcile Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Other Aspirants After Primaries / Terrorists Killed 55 Iron Mongers In Borno In 3 Weeks – Police / Reno Omokri: Obidients Are More Suited For Terrorism Than Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.