Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Bana Alabed Asks Trump To Help Syrian Children: ‘ I Will Be Your Best Friend' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bana Alabed Asks Trump To Help Syrian Children: ‘ I Will Be Your Best Friend' (445 Views)

Syrian Army Kills 5 Turkey Soldiers. Pope Francis Prays for ‘Martyred’ in Syria / Mourners Attend Qasem Soleimani's Funeral Ceremony. Iraq Asks US Forces To Leave / Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bana Alabed Asks Trump To Help Syrian Children: ‘ I Will Be Your Best Friend' by iksmoore(m): 3:07pm On Jan 26, 2017
President Donald Trump and Bana Alabed. (Photos: Ron Sachs; Adem Altan/Getty Images)

Bana Alabed, the 7-year-old girl whose tweets about life in Aleppo touched hearts around the world, penned an open letter to President Trump beseeching him to do something to help children still suffering in Syria.

“I know you will be the President of America so can you please save the children and people of Syria? You must do something for the children of Syria because they are like your children and deserve peace like you,” she wrote. “If you promise you will do something for the children of Syria I am already your friend.”

The complete handwritten letter, which was written shortly before Trump’s inauguration, opens with Bana introducing herself as a girl who fled eastern Aleppo in December and is now finally enjoying peace in Turkey. She said that her Syrian school has been bombed and that several of her friends had died.

“I am very sad about them and wish they were with me because we would play together by (sic) right now. I could not play in Aleppo. It was a city of death,” Bana wrote.

Although she now lives in peace and attends a new school, she continued, millions of Syrian children are still suffering throughout Syria and need help.
Bana Alabed, known as Aleppo's tweeting girl, reacts during an interview with Reuters in Ankara, Turkey, December 22, 2016. (Photo: Umit Bektas/Reuters)
Bana Alabed, known as Aleppo’s tweeting girl, during an interview with Reuters in Ankara, Turkey, Dec. 22, 2016. (Photo: Umit Bektas/Reuters)

Bana uploaded a picture of the full letter to Twitter on Wednesday, with a caption directed at Trump: “I beg you, can you do something for the children of Syria? If you can, I will be your best friend. Thank you.”

Bana’s mother, Fatemah Alabed, helped her launch and manage the Twitter account while they were still stranded in rebel-controlled eastern Aleppo. They gained hundreds of thousands of followers (362,000 as of Wednesday afternoon) while documenting the horrors of daily life in Syria.

Followers would see Bana’s routine as a regular 7-year-old — playing with her siblings, reading “Harry Potter” novels, etc. — repeatedly disrupted by bombardments and chaos of Syria’s civil war. For many, Bana became an international symbol for the toll that modern warfare takes on children, and her tweets were likened to Anne Frank’s diary entries while she was hiding from the Nazis during the Holocaust.

Trump has spoken out against the United States relocating more refugees in the United States. He is expected to sign executive orders Wednesday imposing a temporary ban on most refugees, as well as a suspension of visas for people from Syria and several other countries in the Middle East and Africa.

In a follow-up tweet, Bana told Trump “banning refugees is very bad.”

source :https://www.yahoo.com/news/bana-alabed-asks-trump-help-syrian-children-if-you-can-i-will-be-your-best-friend-200209008.html

Re: Bana Alabed Asks Trump To Help Syrian Children: ‘ I Will Be Your Best Friend' by hucienda: 3:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
President Trump will simply reply:

"America First!"
Re: Bana Alabed Asks Trump To Help Syrian Children: ‘ I Will Be Your Best Friend' by softMarket(m): 3:10pm On Jan 26, 2017
the only fuc.k trump will give is when people from the religion of piss will mistakenly throw knockout banger near US border!!

Operation WIPE_OUT!! grin grin grin
Re: Bana Alabed Asks Trump To Help Syrian Children: ‘ I Will Be Your Best Friend' by eezeribe(m): 3:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
OK
Re: Bana Alabed Asks Trump To Help Syrian Children: ‘ I Will Be Your Best Friend' by Modsbuty: 3:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
Trust me Kid you will go back home because the war we end sooner now that the terror sponsor in chief is out of office

(1) (Reply)

President Of Cameroon, Paul Biya Shuts Down Internet & Threatens Citizens / ‘colonization Was A Crime Against Humanity’: French Presidential Favorite Macron / These Countries Hold The Most Power On The Global Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.