Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,120 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Mexico: "We Will Not Pay For Any Wall" Trump: "There Will Be A Payment" - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mexico: "We Will Not Pay For Any Wall" Trump: "There Will Be A Payment" (529 Views)

Huge Earthquake Hits Buildings In Mexico, Killing Over 200 / "I'll Deport Three Million Illegal Immigrants Immediately & Build Wall -trump / Donald Trump: There Will Be World War III If You Elect Hillary Clinton (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mexico: "We Will Not Pay For Any Wall" Trump: "There Will Be A Payment" by Ekykool(m): 4:04pm On Jan 26, 2017
President Donald Trump has signed directives to begin building a wall along US border with Mexico and crack down on US cities that shield undocumented immigrants, moving quickly on sweeping and divisive plans to curb immigration and boost national security.

The move "will improve safety in both countries", Trump said after signing the orders on Wednesday.

"A nation without borders is not a nation. Starting today, the US gets back control of its borders," he said.

"This will help dismantle cartels, keeping illegal weapons and cash from flowing out of American and into Mexico."

The order, signed on Wednesday, will enable construction of "a large physical barrier on the southern border", spokesman Sean Spicer said.

"Building this barrier is more than just a campaign promise, it's a common sense first step to really securing our porous border," Spicer added.

"This will stem the flow of drugs, crime, illegal immigration into the United States."

The measure will also bolster resources for border security agents, increase detention space for undocumented immigrants and ensure people are deported.

In an interview with ABC News on Wednesday, Trump said construction of the wall would start within months, with planning starting immediately, and that Mexico would pay back to the US "100 percent" of the costs.

"We'll be reimbursed at a later date from whatever transaction we make from Mexico," Trump said.
"I'm just telling you there will be a payment. It will be in a form, perhaps a complicated form. What I'm doing is good for the United States. It's also going to be good for Mexico. We want to have a very stable, very solid Mexico."

Condemning the move, Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto said his country will not pay for the construction of the wall.
"Mexico does not believe in walls. I have said it time and again: Mexico will not pay for any wall," he said.
"I regret and condemn the decision of the United States to continue construction of a wall that, for years, has divided us instead of uniting us," Pena Nieto said in a brief televised message.

www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/trump-signs-order-border-wall-mexico-170125185244055.html
Re: Mexico: "We Will Not Pay For Any Wall" Trump: "There Will Be A Payment" by syndrum(m): 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2017
Ghen ghen ghen ghen.... I see some people panicking.. I see high BP's
Re: Mexico: "We Will Not Pay For Any Wall" Trump: "There Will Be A Payment" by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2017
Oga if you don't want to loose ur seat better pay for the wall
Re: Mexico: "We Will Not Pay For Any Wall" Trump: "There Will Be A Payment" by Ekykool(m): 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2017
Trump sounds so sure there will be a payment.
Re: Mexico: "We Will Not Pay For Any Wall" Trump: "There Will Be A Payment" by Omonoba1: 7:04pm On Jan 26, 2017
Ekykool:
Trump sounds so sure there will be a payment.
lol..the guy talks with full confidence as if Mexico doesn't pay he would rain on them like the Holy Ghost..

(1) (Reply)

ISLAM – DELETED TEXTS - Political Ideology. / See What Trump's Granddaughter Did For China That Has Got Them Smiling [video] / Over 30,000 People Stormed The Streets Of London To Protest The Immigration Poli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.