Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,902 members, 7,841,387 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

A Plea For Nigerian Youths To Unite - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Plea For Nigerian Youths To Unite (557 Views)

Buhari: "Nigerian Youths Are Uneducated, Lazy & Not Ready To Work" (Video) / Our Goal Is To Unite Nigerians In A Mutually Beneficial Relationship – Buhari / Ohanaeze Warns Igbo Youths To Relocate Their Businesses To South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Plea For Nigerian Youths To Unite by teelaw4life(m): 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
It is sad that many Nigerian youths have willed themselves as tools in the hands of our loot masters, to be manipulated along ethno-religious cum political lines. The sad thing is, it's not even rock bottom for the country yet. Whenever one goes on social media or any news sites for updates on the condition of the country, the comment section offer grim representation of the future. The case of the Nigerian lady with Finnish background who won a beauty pageant in Finland makes a good example, while going through comments, someone remarked and labelled her a "Yoruba Nigerian". Till this day i don't know what the person meant. It is bad enough that we're being oppressed and short-changed by career-politicians, but to turn against each other on account of ethno-religious differences is to do ultimate disservice to ourselves and our unborn generations.
Be you Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Tiv, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Idoma or any other tribe in our great country, the fact still remains that as long as you are not part of the ruling class, your suffering is equal to that of the man next to you, our pain is the same as far as bad governance goes. The bad roads that have claimed lives due to government negligence do not discriminate nor favour members of certain tribes. They have taken everything away from us and left us to fight ourselves. Our problem isn't religion neither is it ethnicity or political parties, We are our own problem!!! We know those responsible for our plights yet we refuse to acknowledge, even with the fact staring us in the face. Career politicians whose fathers were in power when our fathers were growing up with promises of leading the nation in future. Instead, they filled up positions with their own children to continue the looting legacy. Now it is the turn of their children to feed us the leaders of tomorrow lie. All things being equal, when the present set of national robbers are done, their children will preach assurances of leading the nation when they're of age to our own children, yet we're hell-bent on fighting in their defence (tragic isn't it?).
But It's not all doom and gloom, for out of this tragedy shines a tiny beacon of light, it shows that the desire retains, the flame of patriotism flickers, albeit feebly, which takes me to my next point.
On the other hand lay a group of Nigerian youths so passive in every aspect of national consciousness it's dangerous. They seek to abstain from the struggle but hope to reap the fruit of tjose who made sacrifices. It is a betrayal of conscience, a disrespect to people who have given their lives to ensure the survival of the country and an unforgivable irresponsibility to their unborn children. Perhaps they hope to run away somewhere else, last time i checked we have a population of 180 million and growing, we can't all run away at the same time. In addition to that, the only place you cannot be a refugee in the true sense of it is in your own country. Nigeria is our place of sanctuary why not fight for it? If not for our sake then for the sake of those coming after us.
As Nigerian youths, ipob, Igbo, idoma, hausa etc, we should endeavour to learn a lesson about unity from the 2015 election. In order to defeat and end PDP's 16 year stranglehold on the nation, it took a merger and alignment of interest of various mini-political parties to compete and claim victory. Our career politicians know this trick hence why they keep preaching messages of division. The barrier of ethnicity and religion is nothing but a smoke screen to distract and divert our attention while they plunder us asunder. They have tried enslaving us by crippling our education system but thank God for the internet. They tried oppressive and repressive tactics as a technique to discourage us but thank God for social media. Now it is the message of division, a sub-human and desperate attempt of an increasingly desperate class of wicked, soulless and evil power mongers. This is their last stand we have to fight back with all we have. They have no stake in Nigeria, their sons and daughters are abroad and as soon as there is no benefit of sorts for them, they'll take flight like birds.

This is a call for unity. Support the upcoming protest in everyway you can, remember who the real enemy is. This is our chance to make a statement that mediocre governance just won't do anymore. This is our chance to take control of our country from charlatans who're only interested in filling up their pockets.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Nigerian Youths To Unite by teelaw4life(m): 6:43pm On Jan 26, 2017
Mynd44, Uncle Lalasticlala please let my voice be heard, Naija needs Unity, we have no other place than this country. God bless Nigeria.
Re: A Plea For Nigerian Youths To Unite by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 26, 2017
Nigerian youths will continue to be a tool in the hand of the politicians.

They have established a monkey - banana strategy and do it in such a way that there is a huge poverty in the land before every election. And when election comes, someone (a youth) given 50k can put his life on the line for such politician

Re: A Plea For Nigerian Youths To Unite by teelaw4life(m): 6:56pm On Jan 26, 2017
EastGold:
Nigerian youths will continue to be a tool in the hand of the politicians.

They have established a monkey - banana strategy and do it in such a way that there is a huge poverty in the land before every election. And when election comes, someone (a youth) given 50k can put his life on the line for such politician

It is the responsibility of those of us who have seen through this deceit to ensure those who haven't see through it. It won't be easy but i believe we can salvage Nigeria from these political ticks.
Re: A Plea For Nigerian Youths To Unite by greenermodels: 7:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
Biafran youths have united, that's all for me.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Nigerian Youths To Unite by teelaw4life(m): 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2017
greenermodels:

Perhaps, but not for the same cause as other Nigerians. It is not a fight you can fight alone.
Re: A Plea For Nigerian Youths To Unite by wtfCode: 7:29pm On Jan 26, 2017
greenermodels:
Re: A Plea For Nigerian Youths To Unite by greenermodels: 7:40pm On Jan 26, 2017
teelaw4life:

Perhaps, but not for the same cause as other Nigerians. It is not a fight you can fight alone.
bros,that's the point, we don't see ourselves as Nigerians anymore, I'll repost my earlier response to this issue.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Nigerian Youths To Unite by greenermodels: 7:44pm On Jan 26, 2017
teelaw4life:

clearly the biafrans don't want to protest and honestly, after taking bullets for biafra at onitsha,you want me to go and take another one for Nigeria, i de my working place that day o, i know the same markets that have been closing for biafra in onitsha would be very open that day, let those that voted for change go and receive their own bullets.
Re: A Plea For Nigerian Youths To Unite by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2017
teelaw4life:

we not Nigerians

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Protesters In Uk Demanding To See Buhari For 5minutes / Comparing WIKE With Other Governors.... / Gov. Willie Obiano Donates N9.7 Million To Victims Of The Onitsha Fire Incidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.