Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview (12801 Views)

Questions To Ask And Questions To Never Ask At An Interview / MUST READ: 3 Questions You Should Not Ask In A Job Interview / Questions To Ask Before Accepting A Job Offer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by LekkiHost: 8:57am On Jan 27, 2017
Every job interview requires you to be prepared to answer all manners of questions related to your person and the job you seek. No matter how prepared you are, there’s a chance that you won’t be ready for one last hurdle of the interview stage where you are asked “So, do you have any questions for us?”
You may think that the interviewer is asking you this question as a courtesy but that is far from it. The truth is they are trying to test how much you’re interested in landing the job and how much research you’ve done about the company.
This makes it important for you to have a number of questions drawn up to ask them. Here are a number of important and thought-provoking questions to ask.

Have I answered all of your questions?
Asking this question gives you the opportunity to cover all important areas and talk about your strengths which you may not have had the chance to highlight during the course of the interview. It also helps to erase any doubt the interviewers may have about your competence and suitability for the job.

How Does A Normal Working Day Look Like?

It is an obvious question to ask as it is always good to know the amount of hours you’d be spending if you eventually get the job. The advantage of asking this question is that it shows the interviewer how eager you are to commence the job.

What Do You Enjoy About Working Here?
This question can help you build a personal connection with your interviewers and can differentiate you from other applicants. It can also help you know how enjoyable working for the organization can be. You can proceed to ask what they don’t like and if the answer is nothing, that’s a red flag you should be on the lookout for.

How Much Are You Willing To Pay For The Position?
At a final interview, you’re allowed to be firm and go into specifics regarding the financial remuneration of the position you applied for. You can be firm about what you want at this moment that is expected to be awkward to get the best value for the services you’d be offering.

Why Is This Opening Available?
If the position you’re applying for is one that was newly created, there’s a chance that the company is growing. If a number of people have however shuffled through the job in three years, it speaks volumes about the kind of organization you’re applying to.

Who Are The People I’d Be Working With?
Asking this provides you with information regarding the staff strength and turnover of the organization and it can also let you know how the company is growing. A simple question like and “How many new people have you hired in the last 1 year?” can provide you with information regarding the turnover of the organization.

Are There Opportunities For Me To Progress In My Career?
While it won’t be nice to sound over ambitious or presumptuous, asking this question demonstrates your ambition and a willingness to be around for a long time to help the company grow.

How Do You See This company In A Few Years?
This question shows that you have an interest in the goals and growth of the organization. It also shows commitment and provides your interviewers with information on your values and how your goals align with those of the organization.

What Is Your Definition Of Success?
Having an idea of what the managers or interviewers of the organization you’re applying to values and the way and manner they provide feedback can give you an idea of the traditions and culture of the company you’re about to join. More so, you can easily have some knowledge of your prospective boss and his ideals.

What’s The Next Step?
This question helps you know what’s next in your job search process and when the organization will most likely contact you. You’d show confidence and a burning desire for the job by asking this question.

Also read FOUR BRILLIANT WAYS TO LOOK CONFIDENT AT JOB INTERVIEWS here https://www.lekkihost.com/forum/index.php?topic=12.new#new

15 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by nmreports: 7:27am On Jan 28, 2017
Awesome post Op.
Here is how to appear valuable during an interview: http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/12/how-to-appear-valuable-to-every-human.html
Nothing is as important as a recruiter seeing you as someone that would add value to the organization

2 Likes

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by jeeqaa7(m): 7:27am On Jan 28, 2017
Ik
Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Oyetboy(m): 7:28am On Jan 28, 2017
For your eyes only...!
Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Franchise21(m): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2017
Noted

NNPC go hear am grin

2 Likes

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Primusinterpares(m): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2017
Quite Educative...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by kings09(m): 7:31am On Jan 28, 2017
How does dis epp in secret recruitment done by top juicy govt agencies like Cbn

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 28, 2017
yes, very important.
Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by iyisco2001(m): 7:34am On Jan 28, 2017
I swear, these questions are Damn important, ask about people's management also.
A lot of organization are shit holes.

2 Likes

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 28, 2017
whaoo()
Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by uzowulu8(m): 7:37am On Jan 28, 2017
FPT.

1 Like

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by engrMikemd(m): 7:44am On Jan 28, 2017
I don't think any sane person looking a a job a job will ask 'why is this opening available'

3 Likes

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Feranchek(m): 7:59am On Jan 28, 2017
Punchlines!!
Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:09am On Jan 28, 2017
Okay. But this is not applicable in many companies or organization in Nigeria sad
If you try this in a sole proprietorship business, especially headed by a woman na him be say you go stay for house until you ready to start your own business shocked shocked shocked grin

Like seriously the owner will start attributing so many things to your questions.

Things like:
E be like say this one no ready to work
See all the question him dey ask Na him dey interview me abi na me dey interview am
Her CV is great oooooo but this one go cause me trouble lipsrsealed etc...

So the best thing to do when attending an interview is to prepare, equip yourself then ask God for WISDOM. You will really need it wink

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Andrew2016(m): 8:09am On Jan 28, 2017
Thanks for this post. It's really educative. But please is it really advisable to write these question down? And reading it in front of the interviewer?

2 Likes

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by adebayo201: 8:10am On Jan 28, 2017
kings09:
Always doing everything in secret as if theyre a sort of cult

undecided

1 Like

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by BE811APP: 8:14am On Jan 28, 2017
kings09:

God bless you sir...

Nigeria's recruitment is a scam from day 1..

1 Like

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Pinkieblue(f): 8:16am On Jan 28, 2017
Cornerstone insurance plc, is seeking to recruit energetic, strong-willed and focused individuals to join it's team of professionals in line with its growth and expansion plan.

Our organization was established to conduct insurance business in a customer focused manner.

Job title: Financial planner/Marketing Executive

How to Apply:

Interested and qualified candidates should send their cv to bucherecruitment@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by mightyrocket(m): 8:21am On Jan 28, 2017
May God help me in my quest of securing a mouth watering job soonest
Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Emmafrancis: 8:22am On Jan 28, 2017
I can't help but to bookmark this. Very Informative. This is what we should be seeing on front page not MMM, Linda n her sister, Mrs Funke , tonto and the snake.

1 Like

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by MVLOX(m): 8:23am On Jan 28, 2017
In dat case I nid to ask my new employee some of this questions
Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Pasidon(m): 9:04am On Jan 28, 2017
I can only laff for.. U dey ask ur interviewer that kind question for Nigeria.. Then u never ready to work... When they expect u to be very humble and desperate u dey show them sat u be god.. U never ready work

2 Likes

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Generalkorex(m): 9:21am On Jan 28, 2017
ok
Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Stanbeto: 9:25am On Jan 28, 2017
I like it
Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by cybriz82(m): 9:55am On Jan 28, 2017
engrMikemd:
I don't think any sane person looking a a job a job will ask 'why is this opening available'

even in der dream dey wudnt dare..once dey ask u question finish u will hear NEXT PERSON PLS!!!

2 Likes

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by ezewealth(m): 10:29am On Jan 28, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Okay. But this is not applicable in many companies or organization in Nigeria sad
If you try this in a sole proprietorship business, especially headed by a woman na him be say you go stay for house until you ready to start your own business shocked shocked shocked grin

Like seriously the owner will start attributing so many things to your questions.

Things like:
E be like say this one no ready to work
See all the question him dey ask Na him dey interview me abi na me dey interview am
Her CV is great oooooo but this one go cause me trouble lipsrsealed etc...

So the best thing to do when attending an interview is to prepare, equip yourself then ask God for WISDOM. You will really need it wink
My bro u talk true, dnt even try those questions in any firm, u may thing ur smart BT ur closing ur opportunity, just equip ur self and questions they ask u

1 Like

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Benjom(m): 11:31am On Jan 28, 2017

1 Like

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:32am On Jan 28, 2017
ezewealth:

My bro undecided u talk true, dnt even try those questions in any firm, u may thing ur smart BT ur closing ur opportunity, just equip ur self and questions they ask u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Gkemz: 11:59am On Jan 28, 2017
Very insightful. I'll be going for an interview on tuesday. Looking forward to applying these rules

1 Like

Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Chigorkizz(m): 12:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by delors(m): 12:49pm On Jan 28, 2017
So many wrong and uninformed questions. Not wise.
Re: Important Questions To Ask In A Job Interview by Sleezwizz: 1:57pm On Jan 28, 2017
Gkemz:
Very insightful. I'll be going for an interview on tuesday. Looking forward to applying these rules

Be careful about the questions u ask o, make sure they are the right questions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Tell My Boss I Got A Second Job? / Is It Proper To Put Msc In View In A CV Or Application / Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.