Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec (1599 Views)

Poll: Which team is proceeding to the semis?

Manchester United: 50% (3 votes)
Tottenham Hotspur: 50% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs Tottenham (2 - 3) On 29th Sept 2012 / FA Cup: Man City Vs Man United (2 - 3) On 8th January 2012 / Carling Cup: Man United Vs Crystal Palace (1 - 2) On November 30th 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by Cristalz(f): 9:54pm On Dec 01, 2009
Half time. United 2 - Tottenham 0.

I can't say ''great play, United'' 'cos the play hasn't been great. But the chances have been beautifully taken, and that's all that matters in the end.
The best thing about this team for me is the defense.
They've been able to hold Spurs back for the most part, and a lot of credit for that goes to Vidic.

Tottenham have played better, had greater possession, created lovely chances. But they either waste their chances, or United's defense pushes them back.
Still, I wouldn't say the match is over. They've still got a lot of power in there, and if they resume 2nd half with the same drive with which they started the 1st half, they just might get something.

Anderson needs to get stronger against David Bentley. Didn't like the way the dude kept leaving our dear Ando lost.
But Ando has been cool going forward.
As for Park, dunno what's wrong with that dude. Shaky going forward, even more shaky tracking back. Barely gets a pass going. Let's hope he gets better in 2nd.

Berbatov is just gold for me. His passes have been vital. And Gibson.  .  .what can I say? Irish firepower!!
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by HNIC(m): 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2009
Horrible misses by Keane and Defoe
Should have done better with those chances
Meanwhile Fat huddlestone replaces palacios who has been dismal
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by dreeldee: 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2009
Cristalz you really luv soccer, you're one in a million considering that you're female(no pun intended), i wonder where the drive comes from.
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by duduspace(m): 10:09pm On Dec 01, 2009
The Totts have come up against their usual manure block,
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:14pm On Dec 01, 2009
debosky:

Redknapp threw away this game to focus on the league - he will do well to note that Villa did the same last season and fell away badly. . . you cannot intentionally lose games and not get affected.

Really? You are throwing a game away, but you field Aaron Lennon, Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe, David Bentley.  .  .and you've got Peter Crouch currently warming up on the sidelines.  .  .
And you do this knowing full well that it's not United's first team playing.

Hear yourself, Debosky. And, consider that Spurs played a lot better than United in 1st half. Kitkat did a lot more than Gomes.

dreeldee:

Cristalz you really luv soccer, you're one in a million considering that you're female(no pun intended), i wonder where the drive comes from.

Thanks.
As for the drive.  .  .I still ask myself that. grin I just love the game. Guess it's genetic.
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2009
That was a crucial save from dear Kitkat.
David Bentley did well. . .Spurs shoulda gone a goal up.

Park needs to get more EPL games, I think. He is so so so rusty.
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2009
Berbatov off, Macheda on.
Obertan off, Carrick on.

Keep things tight in the middle, while still keeping a strong foot on the attack pedal.
Not a bad idea, Fergie.

Crouch coming on for Spurs. . .
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2009
Crouch on, Keane off.

Crouch will be dangerous in the box. Vida had berra watch him close.
David Bentley too. . .dude's proving a tad tenacious.
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by dreeldee: 10:28pm On Dec 01, 2009
Cristalz:

Thanks.
As for the drive.  .  .I still ask myself that. grin I just love the game. Guess it's genetic.

I see,
This is United's victory even though Spurs are creating more chances.
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:31pm On Dec 01, 2009
Yeah, Spurs are doing a lot of creating, but United are showing more fluidity now.
Guess the the dudes did learn a thing or two from the Besiktas game.
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by Ibime(m): 10:31pm On Dec 01, 2009
I was predicting good things for Gibson just last week, and hes proving me right already.

Ibime:

@ Crizzle,

Watch out for our youngsters in our final group game. We'll show you how its done.  cool

Gibson is the only Utd youngster who might grow into something decent, with the Da Silva twins. Gibson might be the new Darren Fletcher who takes years to develop. Wellbeck and Macheda are rubbish!
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:34pm On Dec 01, 2009
Hurray for you. tongue grin
Welbeck is not rubbish, though. Macheda. . .um. . .dude just needs a little time.

Anderson has been such a hard worker. Pity he simply cannot score.
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by dreeldee: 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2009
Welbeck yeah but Macheda hmm lipsrsealed
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:38pm On Dec 01, 2009
Aw, De Laet gets a yellow. Dude needs to learn how to not tackle aggressively.
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2009
Zoran Tosic is on for Anderson.
Fergie is really feeling his boiz tonight. grin
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by eyoniggar(m): 10:47pm On Dec 01, 2009
Aint the game over? Just left the PUB i was watching it, very boring match.
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by Cristalz(f): 10:56pm On Dec 01, 2009
.  .  .and United waltz into the semi-finals of the Carling Cup. Out goes Tottenham Hotspur.

Beautiful, Ferguson. Got it right tonight.

Putting Berbatov in there to supervise things up front worked perfectly. Then the Bulgarian went off for Macheda after both goals had been scored.
Just what I said he shoulda done against Besiktas, though Rooney was my preferred 1st-teamer.
Still, Berbatov did beautifully.

Defense was close-knit. Vidic was simply brilliant tonight. De Laet was okay too. Guess Rafael got dropped 'cos dem Tottenham dudes are rather big and strong.
Sowwy, Harry. Next time. grin
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by Cristalz(f): 11:03pm On Dec 01, 2009
Aston Villa 4 - 2 Portsmouth.

So, United and Villa are through.
Chelsea will go through. . .Blackburn shouldn't pose a problem.

The dicey one is Man City - Arsenal. That's the match I'll definitely be watching tomorrow night.
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by tkb417(m): 7:52am On Dec 02, 2009
Redknapp threw away this game to focus on the league - he will do well to note that Villa did the same last season and fell away badly. . . you cannot intentionally lose games and not get affected.

Really? You are throwing a game away, but you field Aaron Lennon, Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe, David Bentley. . .and you've got Peter Crouch currently warming up on the sidelines. . .
And you do this knowing full well that it's not United's first team playing.

Hear yourself, Debosky. And, consider that Spurs played a lot better than United in 1st half. Kitkat did a lot more than Gomes.

thank you crizzle for this response

Harry threw away the game and fielded their best players

so who did not play and how did he throw away the game?

debosky and his rants ehn
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by BinghiNya(m): 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2009
Debosky needs to get out of his grand delusion. Does he play baba ijebu? If United had fielded its main team tottenham would have been spelt. See your boys crash out tonight.
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by switch47(m): 11:23am On Dec 03, 2009
Cristalz:

Aston Villa 4 - 2 Portsmouth.

So, United and Villa are through.
Chelsea will go through. . .Blackburn shouldn't pose a problem.

The dicey one is Man City - Arsenal. That's the match I'll definitely be watching tomorrow night.

coughs , Chelsea ended up dying.
grin cheesy grin
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by allboyz(m): 12:26pm On Dec 03, 2009
switch47:

coughs , Chelsea ended up dying.
grin cheesy grin

NBL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Carling Cup: Man United Vs Tottenham [2 - 0] On Tues, 1st Dec by adebayo201: 1:42am On Dec 05, 2009
wetin cum be d teeth

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mourinho: Scandal Of The Bernabeu / Real Madrid Vs Real Sociedad (5 - 1)On 24th March 2012 / Incredible World Cup Art

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.