Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,324 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

3 Things You Should Do Before Proposing To A Nigerian Lady - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3 Things You Should Do Before Proposing To A Nigerian Lady (754 Views)

Nigerian Lady Who Slapped Her Mother, Sent Back To Nigeria. See Reactions / Have 'Good' Sex With Your Pregnant Wives - Nigerian Lady Advises Men (Video) / Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Things You Should Do Before Proposing To A Nigerian Lady by EventPlannerNg: 2:42pm On Jan 27, 2017
After you are sure she is the one and as a Nigerian you are ready to take your relationship to the next level. I propose you do these three things before you propose. No matter how educated you are, believe me, these 3 things that seem minor might be a huge blocker to your marriage.

So, before getting on one knee, do these 3 basics and I strongly believe whatever comes up after these will be workable.

Blood test: You need to have done a blood test with your girlfriend before even proposing to her. Some churches require this before wedding you and some deem it fit to ask their spouse’s genotype few months before wedding or after they have fixed a wedding date. Honestly to save yourself a lot of trouble, do the basic blood test (genotype, blood group) before you propose. You may be willing to overlook the fact that both of you may be ‘AS’ but she may not be that lenient about it so it’s better you take a step further before buying that huge stone.

Meet her parents: This is not just meeting her parent but making sure that they are cool with you. Get more information about what her parents think about you from her and if you know you may have any ancestral stuff that may be an issue, open up to her immediately so she can let you know if it’s something her parents would see as a stumbling block.
No matter how you feel about this, I advise you do this before you propose because no matter how educated African parents are, these things matter to them.

Take her to your parents: You know your parents better but I advise you take her to your parents before proposing. My reason is simple, you need to be sure she is a bit (not necessarily a lot) comfortable around your people because the problem may not be getting approval from your parents but making sure your girlfriend approves of them.
Truth is she will not marry you if she feels she cannot cope with your family, so to save yourself future embarrassment, take her to mama now.

source: eventplanner.ng
Re: 3 Things You Should Do Before Proposing To A Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
You forget to add

Stay with her for at least a month
These girls can pretend
Once they enter your life,their real color emerges
Re: 3 Things You Should Do Before Proposing To A Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2017
cummando:
You forget to add
These girls can pretend

Anybody can pretend to achieve their aim. I'm not ruling out your point, but pray not to fall into the hands of a seasoned pretender. You'll know some humans are like like phones: they have different MODES and activate it as at when due.

Stay with her for a century, once two/more humans stay under the same roof for a long time_ several (new) traits must be noticed. This is where understanding and tolerance comes in.

You think all the threads that litter Nairaland didn't stay/court for a month>?

We can only hope for the best.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Should Do Before Proposing To A Nigerian Lady by EventPlannerNg: 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2017
cummando:
You forget to add

These girls can pretend

I agree with @paperlace you never really know a person till after years together, its more about understanding and compromise.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lady Shares How Her Stoleniphone Was Returned After Her Parents Cursed The Thief / Uk Used Wood Cot And Mattrass For Babies / Mrs Toyin Saraki Paid Visit To Parent Of Quintuplet In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.