Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,449 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike (10192 Views)

ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike / 4 Out Of The 6 Kidnapped Lagos Students Resume School (Photo) / Fetish Items Found In Front Of MAPOLY School Gate As Lecturers Protest. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by davle1: 6:20pm On Jan 27, 2017
Students of the Ladoke Akintola
University of Technology have
resumed for studies after a
directive by the university
management.
The school was closed in June
last year as lecturers went on
strike to demand payment of
their salaries.
In a circular earlier distributed
by management of LAUTECH
and signed by Jacob Agboola,
the school asked all academic
and non-academic staff to
resume on Friday.
PREMIUM TIMES had earlier
reported that lecturers had
vowed not to resume Friday
even when students resume.
By Friday morning, most
lecturers did not resume.
Speaking with PREMIUM TIMES,
chairman of ASUU, LAUTECH
Chapter, Biodun Olaniran, said
the Oyo and Osun state
governments were not serious
with ensuring full resumption
of the school.
“The truth is that there have
been no efforts to ensure that
we resume; students who have
resumed are only here to play
and really we will not resume
until our demands are met,” he
said. “We have said until our
demands are met, we will not
resume and that is what we are
doing today.”
“If the students stay in school
for one or two weeks, I don’t
know what they will be doing,
until we get a directive from
our national body after our
demands have been met, we
remain on strike.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/221704-lautech-management-students-resume-lecturers-continue-strike.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 27, 2017
What sort of nonsense is this

Don't you guys realize the constituted authority has spoken angryangrygrin

On a serious note though, abeg, make una resume. Our neighbourhood fella has been in the school since 2009 for a 5 year course cry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by Carbeenz(m): 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2017
Isokay
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by pussyponder: 6:54pm On Jan 27, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]those guys compared to ibro of man u....I don't kno who can strike pass ;Dthose guys compared to ibro of man u....I don't kno who can strike pass

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:00pm On Jan 27, 2017
Asides the Oyo and Osun state govt, ASUU has been a curse on Nigerian universities

6 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by jeeqaa7(m): 7:26am On Jan 28, 2017
So na so these students take like school... I wonder who is fooling who...
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by Moreoffaith(m): 7:27am On Jan 28, 2017
What kinda country is this self...
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by Hentan24(m): 7:27am On Jan 28, 2017
Management is our problem . It takes nothing to pay salaries but the diversion of funds makes it impossible.
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by btaliat(m): 7:27am On Jan 28, 2017
is that one resumption?
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by SuPeRq(f): 7:28am On Jan 28, 2017
May God soften their minds..........
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by ruemujerome(m): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2017
Students, una do well.

Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by Olufemi99(f): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2017
I tire for Dis Lautech matter oooooo....
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by heykims(m): 7:30am On Jan 28, 2017
Well I can't blame them. The govt is a curse, democracy is d root.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by akinlaso(m): 7:32am On Jan 28, 2017
there's only two universities in Nigeria,unilorin and other(the can strike pass thunder)

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by dtphilosopher: 7:33am On Jan 28, 2017
This is a student and leaners size portable and great machine for home needs.
The machine is capable of doing all kind of job you wanted to do.
You can sew all manner of clothing and leather materials.
It has also been tested on fibre and the result was great.
The package consist of all necessary equipment that is needed for you to enjoy this machine.
It comes with an electric pedal which makes it easy to use like big machine.
It comes with an original adapter which serves as it electrical source.
Its highly presentable as special gift on special occasions

Price:#8000

Awoof bonanza!
Buy 3 pieces of mini electric sewing machine at #24000 and get one free imported umbrella.
Buy 4 pieces at #32000 and get #1000 free airtime plus one free imported umbrella
WhatsApp me on 08029719850
Offer ends 31st January 2017

Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by smarty563: 7:38am On Jan 28, 2017
For me I think the best will be "Sack all the staffs both academic and non academic and employ new ones

if they want re-employment they should be ready for fresh terms

Enough of all this strikes
holding govt to ransom at the expense of the. students..

believe me, all this union executives ,their lads don't go to public sch...

I went to a private sch nd na xoxo lecturer pikins full dia

2 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by ogashman(m): 7:41am On Jan 28, 2017
with all these nonsense, why re they not going be churning out half baked graduates.the govt does not place any value on education thats the more reason why they prefer looting state funds than use to finance the education sector.
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by Durosure(m): 7:41am On Jan 28, 2017
Constituted Authority.

Cheap skrill fund available
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by smarty563: 7:42am On Jan 28, 2017
ULSHERLAN:
Asides the Oyo and Osun state govt, ASUU has been a curse on Nigerian universities

Gbam......
the most painful is their lads don't go to public school
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by mayoor15(m): 7:44am On Jan 28, 2017
akinlaso:
there's only two universities in Nigeria,unilorin and other(the can strike pass thunder)
Our Alma mata we sing.... Glad I attended that school sha, even though it hasn't been the same since I left.... Hope the hacker frees the school site soon
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by ichommy(m): 7:45am On Jan 28, 2017
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by AkintundeTimmy(m): 7:53am On Jan 28, 2017
U better respect constituted authority[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]... grin cheesy
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 28, 2017
The students resume what exactly? Resume living in school?
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by Akinaukwa: 7:58am On Jan 28, 2017
If the children of the Governors of Oyo and Osun were in LAUTECH will they have allowed the strike to linger? I feel pity for the students.
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by MabraO: 8:01am On Jan 28, 2017
I pity student that still apply to that sch.
A sch that is well known to know nothing more than strike yet student still seek admission there

Last last na thunder go stil strike all the sch management
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by Kaydeexotic(m): 8:02am On Jan 28, 2017
smarty563:
For me I think the best will be "Sack all the staffs both academic and non academic and employ new ones

2 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by sergiolefty(m): 8:02am On Jan 28, 2017
I won't blame d lecturers thou, buh beg dem.... Biko pity us....
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by Guru9ja(m): 8:20am On Jan 28, 2017
Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by larrygal(f): 8:32am On Jan 28, 2017
Is not the lecturers fault,they were given one month salary out of 8month and dere is no hope on when they will collect the remaining or Even if!they will continue the pay wen they finally resume
Lautech management thought they are wise

3 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by bobogee007(m): 8:34am On Jan 28, 2017
SirWere:
What sort of nonsense is this

Don't you guys realize the constituted authority has spoken angryangrygrin

On a serious note though, abeg, make una resume. Our neighbourhood fella has been in the school since 2009 for a 5 year course cry
Ask him, he has carry over

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by larrygal(f): 8:34am On Jan 28, 2017
sergiolefty:
I won't blame d lecturers thou, buh beg dem.... Biko pity us....
Pity u, how did u expect them to live without money,will lautech pity you to sit for exam if you don't pay your tuition fee...

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Management, Students Resume As Lecturers Continue Strike by Fadman4real(m): 8:36am On Jan 28, 2017
smarty563:

Can u work without collecting salary for months? Don't talk like a kid who still stays with his parents, do u know aw terrible d economy is and u are asking the lecturers to lecture without salary.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Flags Off Teacher Training Program To Reintroduce History In Basic School / ASUU Has Spent 1,500 Days On Strike In 21 Years / Deji Adeyanju Denies Appealing Bobrisky’s Conviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.