Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,372 members, 7,868,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:57 AM

The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice (2744 Views)

Fani-Kayode Criticizes Presidency Over Rejecting US Recognition Of Jerusalem / Biafra: Buhari Supporting Western Sahara Secessionists But Rejecting Biafra / Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 28, 2017
OPCNAIRALAND:

grin grin +Jokers!
grin
OPCNAIRALAND:

grin grin +Jokers!
counter him nah, why you dey open teeth like this?
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Horlufemi(m): 10:08am On Jan 28, 2017
vanbonattel:

Tell me who among the previous presidents or head of states had been a saint?
Abacha, Babangida or OBJ? Is buhari a saint? But you voted him?
You see. Why are you painting Jonathan like one?
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by BraniacX(m): 10:10am On Jan 28, 2017
Horlufemi:

If your idea of Yoruba is the elite, then there's no need in discourse.

Like I always said Johnathan isn't a saint and righteousness is dead.

In other words you could not find a rebuttal or plausible deniability to hide behind!

What a shame!

undecided
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Twistaray(m): 10:17am On Jan 28, 2017
Ibos are just politically naivé.

Where are the 'GEJ till 2019" group today? grin
In politics there is no friend, no foe.

Make una get over the lost of gej abeg undecided

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Akanbiedu(m): 10:28am On Jan 28, 2017
OPCNAIRALAND:

grin grin +Jokers!

As in.......
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Akanbiedu(m): 10:32am On Jan 28, 2017
Somebody don collect burodi wey belong to another person. E be like say this cry no go end.

Where is that Cry meme sef?

O jo jumo l'ekun alabosi

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by waledeji(m): 11:10am On Jan 28, 2017
Endless cry from Osus

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 28, 2017
[quote author=jomonic post=53199837]

Jonathan was not perfect. I agree there was corruption during his tenure. But don't make it look like his was an isolated case. There has been corruption in all previous governments from inception, including Obasanjo’s government. Obasanjo teamed up with renegades to kidnap a sitting governor in Anambra state. Am sure this is an act of benevolence in your eyes. There is also corruption in this Buharis government.

This is getting more interesting. So Because past governments were corrupt it was OK for Jonathan's govt to be corrupt too? Just try and read your post again and tell me If it makes sense.

Did we vote Jonathan in to continue with corruption or stop it? Inasmuch as I don't really want to ask, I'll have to ask How old are you? And honest I don't mean it as an insult.
You voted in someone hoping he will make a positive change and people are saying it s OK If he is corrupt after all others before him were corrupt. Smh.

So, your remark about sharing dollar is very insincere and I know it is the usual refrain to support a weak argument and a baseless and vengeful political stance.

Oh is that So? Why don't you answer the question. Did he share dollars or not during the election period? If you don't know why don't you do some research and stop being naive.

Jonathan stood head over hills in terms of bringing governance to all Nigerians. No other president has done that and am sure that was the problem he had with the Yoruba and Hausa / Fulani who think Nigeria belong to them. Nothing to do with corruption. The Yoruba felt slighted because they are accustomed to being spoon fed. A choice between Jonathan and Buhari is one between good and evil. Are you happy that the same person who is claims to fight corruption looks the other way when his clan commit genocide. Is that not a contradiction? Just keep deceiving yourself.

I was about to respond to this but I just sighed and decided to leave you with your particular delusions. Keep blaming the Yoruba people for your problems and frustrations.
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2017
[quote author=Ioannes post=53204271][/quote]

The insult in your response makes no impression on me because I am aware it is a cultural thing for you and your people. One of you once told me in a friendly discussion that calling another a thief was perfectly OK in your culture. I guess it is in your DNA.

From your response, you are suggesting that it is very OK now we have an ethnic bigot as a president. One who benefitted from the same dollar sharing you accuse Jonathan of or should I say Naira. Perhaps sharing Naira is less crime than sharing dollar. How exactly was his election funded? I am sure you might have a hard time explaining this. Perhaps you do not know so I will not blame you.

Clear the log in your eyes before attending to the speck in the eyes of another. You guys are the biggest problems we have in Nigeria. You destroyed Nigeria through below par governance for over 50 years, destroyed institutions, destroyed infrastructure, stole the country blind and today want to heap blame on Jonathan for the paltry 6 years that he spent in office. You expected him to miraculously cure Nigeria of corruption. The corruption you bred and nurtured for over 50 years will disappear in just 6 years? Did you also expect things will get better now you have enthroned one of the key unrepentant players in that decadent culture? Are you happy we are now celebrating the killing of fellow citizens by Fulani herdsmen with the federal government responding via indifference. I just think you are an idiot. No insult intended. Just my surmising.
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 28, 2017
[quote author=jomonic post=53206761]

The insult in your response makes no impression on me because I am aware it is a cultural thing for you and your people. One of you once told me in a friendly discussion that calling another a thief was perfectly OK in your culture. I guess it is in your DNA.

You must be mistaking me for someone else. No I don't come from the land of the rising sun So it isn't "a cultural thimg" like you're purporting.

From your response, you are suggesting that it is very OK now we have an ethnic bigot as a president. One who benefitted from the same dollar sharing you accuse Jonathan of or should I say Naira. Perhaps sharing Naira is less crime than sharing dollar. How exactly was his election funded? I am sure you might have a hard time explaining this. Perhaps you do not know so I will not blame you.

Why don't you educate me with proof exactly How Buhari's campaign was funded since you have the documents with you. And whether he shared dollars or naira the point still remains that he shared our money which wasn't his to share, Unless of course you got a share which will explain why you can't see reason.

Clear the log in your eyes before attending to the speck in the eyes of another. You guys are the biggest problems we have in Nigeria. You destroyed Nigeria through below par governance for over 50 years, destroyed institutions, destroyed infrastructure, stole the country blind and today want to heap blame on Jonathan for the paltry 6 years that he spent in office. You expected him to miraculously cure Nigeria of corruption. The corruption you bred and nurtured for over 50 years will disappear in just 6 years? Did you also expect things will get better now you have enthroned one of the key unrepentant players in that decadent culture? Are you happy we are now celebrating the killing of fellow citizens by Fulani herdsmen with the federal government responding via indifference. I just think you are an idiot. No insult intended. Just my surmising.

You are a bit slow aren't you? It's OK. Don't hate yourself for that. We all can't be logical thinkers.

Let's assume your wild assertions are true about us breeding corruption for the last 50years, can you tell us exactly How Mr Jonathan fought or made an attempt to fight corruption in the 6years he was President.

You went on to call 6years "paltry". How about we throw you in a cell in kirikiri maximum security prison for the next 6years and let's see If it is paltry. Pray tell me How 6 good years in the life of a nation is paltry. Do you have sense at all?

Considering the fact that in those same 6years you call paltry, Nigeria earned So much in foreign exchange from crude than all the other administration's before him going back 10years.
Yet he left less money than he met there in the national coffers. Even an olodo (dullard) like you should know Well enough to ask questions, where did all that money go to? Especially as there wasn't any infrastructural upgrade in the nation's landscape. Electricity remained abysmal and the dollar rose from 150 to 230 during his useless tenure. I guess you were still a foetus in the womb at this stage.
Heck the dumbfvck couldn't even equip our military to stop boko haram from killing citizens arbitrarily. We only saw an upsurge in military activities after mumu-in-chief postponed elections So as to gain some points.

He could only fool the fools. My hope is that one day y'all will recover your brains from the trash can and start using them. Trust me, no insults intended.
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by vanbonattel: 6:13am On Jan 29, 2017
Ioannes:

Just shows How clueless you are.

Obasanjo was roundly rejected by his people because they felt he wouldnt make a good president. They were right.

You don't know what drives the political ambition of Yorubas So don't pretend like you do.

Yours is driven by pecuniary gains and clannish interest. So It's not surprising that you are baffled with the way Yorubas play the game.

It's OK. It will take a long time for you guys to mature politically in the meanwhile you can resume your play in the kiddy pool.

All these long turenchi to explain why a whole tribe voted a dullard? Kontinuu.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by vanbonattel: 6:16am On Jan 29, 2017
Twistaray:
Ibos are just politically naivé.

Where are the 'GEJ till 2019" group today? grin
In politics there is no friend, no foe.

Make una get over the lost of gej abeg undecided

Of course we the GEJ till 2019 crew are still here laughing like basketmouth grin we keep laughing over the mistake of the yorubas grin

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by vanbonattel: 6:18am On Jan 29, 2017
Horlufemi:

You see. Why are you painting Jonathan like one?

The joke is on you, why fight to vote out jonathan and replace him with an inconsequential dullard? grin
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 29, 2017
vanbonattel:

All these long turenchi to explain why a whole tribe voted a dullard? Kontinuu.

Sorry. I'll use simpler words, two-letter words and three-letter words next time.
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by vanbonattel: 6:33am On Jan 29, 2017
Ioannes:

Sorry. I'll use simpler words, two-letter words and three-letter words next time.

Can you now accept the democratic choice of your people as a stinking mistake?

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by kettle84(m): 6:54am On Jan 29, 2017
[quote author=Ioannes post=53198354][/quote]your post is colored with hate and support for a failed Buhari and rechoeing of the lines of the disgraceful lines of APC of blaming their failure on Jonathan and at doing any thing successfully after almost two years in office.You painted the Yoruba as the almighty giant who is always right and all,but my question is what is this giant and its people doing or have done to salvage this country from sinking into the eternal abyss of a deadly recession and a worthless currency that is above #500/1$ ?

You pointed running to your land for daily bread.Mr ,Yorubas are everywhere looking for their daily bread including Ghana.

The days of Lagos/Ibadan gutter journalism dominance of information decimination of information in Nigeria is over because their lies are busted .Alternatives are readily available in the online domain.
It is no news that you people hate to admit your faults but take pride in defending it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 29, 2017
[quote author=Ioannes post=53208667][/quote]

Mr man you don’t give a dam about corruption so stop going there. Whether Jonathan fought corruption or not is not what you and your people are after. Your aim was to get rid of him and put Nigeria on the path to retrogression because it is only in retrogression and oppression of others that your own life give you some meaning. Your guys don’t want to compete with anybody. You want a Nigeria where injustice is sustained so you will continue having unfairly the better portion of the pie. Jonathan wouldn’t let you have it your own way hence your venomous hatred for him. Your way is of greed and injustice but Jonathan is a man with a fair mind who was on the part to set things right.

The replacement candidate you presented is a key player in the darkest parts of our narrative. Is it genocide, fratricide, corruption, hate, religious zealotry, name it. How do you expect progress from this individual? Have you not seen the outcome already? Yes, I blame Jonathan for not making people accountable for the parts they played in the 2011 post-election violence. Had he done that we will not be in the mess we are in today. I know idiots like you will take to the streets and demand from government not to do things to overheat the polity because your own person is involved. Idiots!!! I also blame him for not beaming the searchlight closer on the Halliburton scandal. I am sure that many politicians from your place who imagine themselves untouchable will be in jail today and Nigeria will be a better place for it.

So stop this your idle talk about corruption thriving under Jonathan or that he did not do anything about the corrupt system he inherited. You are not in any moral position to accuse anybody of corruption. You guys have done heinous things and should keep your dirty mouth shut.
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Horlufemi(m): 8:26am On Jan 29, 2017
vanbonattel:

The joke is on you, why fight to vote out jonathan and replace him with an inconsequential dullard? grin

You're so smart

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Twistaray(m): 12:08pm On Jan 29, 2017
vanbonattel:

Of course we the GEJ till 2019 crew are still here laughing like basketmouth grin we keep laughing over the mistake of the yorubas grin

..Ofcourse,you have to blame the great Yorubas to seek refuge and solace in your defeat grin
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by limeta(f): 12:28pm On Jan 29, 2017
You are all right, lets stop the blame game.
Break up the country let every region handle their own.
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by vanbonattel: 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2017
Twistaray:

..Ofcourse,you have to blame the great Yorubas to seek refuge and solace in your defeat grin

We have victory in defeat. Who dey lose now, ? The yorubas of course grin

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Twistaray(m): 6:10pm On Feb 01, 2017

vanbonattel

We have victory in defeat. Who dey lose now, ? The yorubas of course grin

LMAO

I guess you meant ' Oral, face saving victory. While in reality you are still begging to be set free.

LoooooLx

What a delusional and comical dude

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by vanbonattel: 6:12pm On Feb 01, 2017
Twistaray:

LMAO

I guess you meant ' Oral, face saving victory. While in reality you are still begging to be set free.

LoooooLx

What a delusional and comical dude

Whatever turns your amala grin we are laughing at all those who foolishly voted buharry, especially those who voted from the south west.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Twistaray(m): 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
vanbonattel

Whatever turns your amala grin we are laughing at all those who foolishly voted buharry, especially those who voted from the south west.

I know how it feels dude, trying to pull someone down out of envy, wishy wishy. But the truth Is? Deep down you are not happy that such refuse to fall hence the need to find solace and pull them down just to be happy grin
But you know what? The happiness,fake smiles can not last because? It's fake cheesy

Lmao cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by vanbonattel: 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
Twistaray:

I know how it feels dude, trying to pull someone down out of envy, wishy wishy. But the truth Is? Deep down you are not happy that such refuse to fall hence the need to find solace and pull them down just to be happy grin
But you know what? The happiness,fake smiles can not last because? It's fake cheesy

Lmao cheesy

I heard that Afenifere is begging your masters up north for restructuring? What's your take on this son? grin

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Twistaray(m): 6:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
vanbonattel:

I heard that Afenifere is begging your masters up north for restructuring? What's your take on this son? grin

grin grin

You've just proved me right. You wish.

Where is the begging, I hope they were also on their kneels while begging?
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by vanbonattel: 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2017
Twistaray:

grin grin

You've just proved me right. You wish.

Where is the begging, I hope they were also on their kneels while begging?

Just like Olarewaju and Oladipo Diya who cried like babies in front of their northern masters grin

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Twistaray(m): 6:32pm On Feb 01, 2017
vanbonattel:

Just like Olarewaju and Oladipo Diya who cried like babies in front of their northern masters grin

Abeg leave old school alone.

I just dey pity una sha

Here is fact,dude grin South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT

SCHEME by months: 8:39pm On Jan 31
http://www.authorityngr.com/2017/01/EMPOWERMENT-SCHEME--South-East-missing-in-FG-s-loans-for-states ....

And remember, amala and malam party, okorachhusa party is now been embraced by SE.

Una hate IMO for Apc sake but you now what? Anambra is about to be conquered too cheesy

Now that's whatApps.

They even called una " 5%. Can't you imagine?

Lmaos angry

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by vanbonattel: 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2017
Twistaray:

Abeg leave old school alone.

I just dey pity una sha

Here is fact,dude grin South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT

SCHEME by months: 8:39pm On Jan 31
http://www.authorityngr.com/2017/01/EMPOWERMENT-SCHEME--South-East-missing-in-FG-s-loans-for-states ....

And remember, amala and malam party, okorachhusa party is now been embraced by SE.

Una hate IMO for Apc sake but you now what? Anambra is about to be conquered too cheesy

Now that's whatApps.

They even called una " 5%. Can't you imagine?

Lmaos angry

Who fvkking cares?

Empowerment for almajiris, if you want me to help you out say so . I am an igbo guy and loaded till my eyeballs with cash, raw cash grin

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by Twistaray(m): 6:38pm On Feb 01, 2017
vanbonattel:

Who fvkking cares?

Empowerment for almajiris, if you want me to help you out say so . I am an igbo guy and loaded till my eyeballs with cash, raw cash grin

Dhoor tongue

I guess you missed the essence of this tete'a'tete of ours,right?

Ask yourself, who should be wailing if not the cheated ones?

Abeg, visit that thread and see how your blolodas are lamenting while you claim you don't care.
@ I am loaded with cash grin every body is a millionaire on NL, even a road side gala seller like you grin

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by SalamRushdie: 6:42pm On Feb 01, 2017
yemaldo:
Did you guys hit ur head on something, for God sake it is called politics, yoruba voted for Jonathan massively back in 2011, how did he repay us? Now tell me who really betrayed who? U want us to continue supporting Jonathan even when we benefit nothing , Jonathan mada a big mistake, he should have treated his people nicely but instead he preferred to satisfy the northern people who don't even care about him

What have you benefited now from the failed Buhari
Re: The Yoruba: Understanding But Rejecting Their 2015 Democratic Choice by vanbonattel: 7:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
Twistaray:

Dhoor tongue

I guess you missed the essence of this tete'a'tete of ours,right?

Ask yourself, who should be wailing if not the cheated ones?

Abeg, visit that thread and see how your blolodas are lamenting while you claim you don't care.
@ I am loaded with cash grin every body is a millionaire on NL, even a road side gala seller like you grin

The joke is on you. Which region produces the highest number of almajiris?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Real Owners Of Osborne Towers 43M Dollars Found / President Muhammadu Buhari Appoints Chris Baywood Ibe, Others As Board Chairmen / What Governors Would Have Done To Tinubu If He Was An Igbo– Uwazuruike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.