Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

****His Little Secret*** - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ****His Little Secret*** (15908 Views)

My Little Secret. A Short Romance Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Tintinnoty(m): 11:10pm On Jan 29, 2017
update dropping tomorrow
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Tintinnoty(m): 10:30am On Jan 30, 2017
*****Update*****

HIS SECRET 3
The days that followed that less than pleasing incident were uneventful for me. I repeated the same routine of sleeping, eating and watching movies everyday after my parents left for their workplaces and my brother went to school. Most of my close friends were not around so I had no one to visit for a change. My aunt was the only one close by who I could visit but she can send one on errands for Africa! Since I have come home to rest, my Aunt's place is the least suitable place. Dad never mentioned anything about Mr. Isaac's reaction and when I asked mom, she didn't give me any understandable explanation either so I let it lie low.
When I saw Mr. Isaac four days later, he was spreading out his clothes on the line. I stood watching him for a while before saying a word of greeting to him. He turned to give me a measuring look, his face devoid of any smile. ''Good morning'', he said, off-handedly and returned to his work. That look did not stop me. I have seen worse looks especially from unwelcoming lecturers who would stare a hole into you when you go to their offices to complain about anything. I decided to give it another shot. I stepped outside to porch, pretending to inspect the flowers while trying to decide my method of approach. The cue I needed came when Mr. Isaac started singing Nel Oliver's 'Baby Girl'. I quickly opened a conversation on the song.
''That song is evergreen, you know.'', I said. I seemed to have his attention because he nodded his head in agreement with me. ''You know, I have that song on my list...for my wedding day, I mean. That song must surely be played on my wedding day. What about you?'' I said again.
''Yeah?'', he said with a little laugh. ''Gosh! Girls and romance sha. Well, I like the song too but about playing it on my wedding day? I don't know about that. I don't even plan on getting married.'' He said.
If someone had thrown a bucket of cold water on me, it would have been better than what Mr. Isaac said. I didn't know I made a sound until he looked at me and said I would not understand. I desperately wanted to understand. I really wanted to make him tell me why he had no interest in getting married. Was he impotent? He sure doesn't look it. Well..how would I even know? But even impotent men try their chances at marriage, don't they? I tried another line of thoughts. Perhaps something happened to him to affect his thoughts on marriage. Before I could hold myself, I found myself asking him why he does not believe in marriage.
''No...sorry, what's your name?'' He asked.
''Tiwalola.. You can call me Lola or Tiwa. Whichever one you prefer.'' I replied.
''Errmm... I'll call you Lola. My dear, it's not like I don't believe in marriage. I believe in it. My parents had a very strong, beautiful marriage..one of the best. I see no reason why I can't believe in it. But me, the person I am? It can't happen. At least not in this country.'' He finished, picking up his pail. ''Sorry dear, I'm going back inside. Maybe we will talk again.''
I watched as he retreated into his apartment, many questions flooding my mind. I had even forgotten to ask him about the other night's event. I hope there will be time...

3 Likes

Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Tintinnoty(m): 10:33am On Jan 30, 2017
Marrtynze:
Hmmm op come and continue oo, which kind suspense be this
update don done o
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Tintinnoty(m): 10:37am On Jan 30, 2017
SirWere:
Are GUYS writing romance on female characters now

Da fuc.,k

is anything wrong with writing using female character?
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Tintinnoty(m): 10:42am On Jan 30, 2017
Lemmy123:
Nice story, trust me. I would have love to highlight some of your flaws as you had given room earlier but I will let you finish.
Great story!

pls do I will greatly appreciate that. Am a first time writer i need pple like u to point out my flaws
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 30, 2017
Tintinnoty:

Nothing. I just find it a little unsettling really.
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Marrtynze(m): 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
Tintinnoty:

Nothing wrong jare, true expression of that character is what matters, it's all fictional
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Marrtynze(m): 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2017
It's been a good one so far, like the fact that you taking your time to reveal the mystery that's Mr. Isaac, looking forward to more updates
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2017
Thank God Am Not Late. Let Me Follow Immediately,*I Dey Think 4 My Mind Say Mr Issac No Be Gay Oh Oh*
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by BiafraBushBoy(m): 4:10pm On Jan 30, 2017
queenitee:

Been waiting for Adesina12 oo..What should we order?

kiss kiss
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Tintinnoty(m): 9:24am On Jan 31, 2017
*****Update*****

HIS SECRET 4
I couldn't get Mr. Isaac and his eternal bachelor idea from my mind. I didn't know if he was celebate either. At least, for the two weeks I had spent at home, I have never seen any lady coming to see him. The only guests he received were the two men I saw with him on the day of my arrival. They would come to his apartment, sit outside to discuss while they eat and then they would go out. Mr. Isaac never leaves the house during the day. Once his friends come around, he ate with them and then they leave together.
It happened that Mr. Isaac's sitting room and my bedroom was separated by a thin wall. This made it very easy for me to overhear most of the things said in there. Actually, there was hardly anything to overhear since Mr. Isaac was alone most of the time.
One night, I woke up to the sound of his voice.. I had slept rather early because I had a fever. I couldn't understand anything he said at all. Everything he said sounded like a chant..or an incantation. The only thing I made out of the whole thing he said was Isaac, Toye, James. Then I heard another voice asking them if the guys were ready. After that, I heard nothing more. I was greatly disturbed. Mr. Isaac was chanting?? Making incantations?? I tried picturing him in a herbalist's regalia but all my brain could sum up was a funny character. I could hardly sleep the rest of the night. I got very scared. Who would have thought that that handsome young man could be a fetish man? But I have seen him attend church. In fact, some Jehovah's witnesses had come to preach to him on different occasions and he listened attentively to them, contributing to whatever they said. I knelt down to pray, casting and binding every evil forces surrounding the house. I was till awake when he came back in the early hours of the morning. I listened intently for any sound..anything at all but I heard nothing.
The next morning, when my mom came to check on me, I told her everything. Mom was, to say the least, shocked out of her bone marrow. She screamed for my dad who came rushing in to my room, not bothering to knock--something he usually does. When he saw me quietly seated, he exhaled deeply. Apparently, he thought something had happened to me. ''Darling, why did you scream like that? You scared me!'' He said. My mom apologised before going directly to retell what I had told her. To my surprise, Dad was not shocked. Instead, he said ''I am not surprised he does that too.''
''Dad, what do you mean by ''he does that too''? What else does he do?'' I asked, alarmed.
''Yes, dear. You have to tell us today. What have you not been telling us!'' That was my mom. We both raised expectant eyes at my dad who stood staring down at us.

1 Like

Re: ****His Little Secret*** by jejetee821(f): 1:23pm On Jan 31, 2017
Interestin...., Following
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Chumzypinky(f): 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
I luv ds. Roll up!
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by queenitee(f): 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ghen ghen,like Yoruba movie..Adesina12 honey,more popcorn please
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Tintinnoty(m): 8:40pm On Jan 31, 2017
Am surprised am not getting the responds I expected when I started this shot and brief story. could it be the story isn't interesting or am not communicating. I'll be rounding up this shot story soon but am not getting enough encouragement. This is my first story and am sure it is filled with enough flaws and error as am not a writer, but it seems am not communicating.
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by suraaj(m): 10:16pm On Jan 31, 2017
Thank God you notice, to me the reason why people are not communicating is because you always give us small update. If you can make the update twice a day.
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by xaviercasmir(m): 10:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
Don'nt give up. Just keep doing what you know how to do best. Your story is good. The reason for the low comment is that tend to leave the story till it is big enough for the to read. Thats why you see some of stories dated back as 2013 makes front page because of constant view. And some recent stories that is consantly at the front page is because the writer is always constant with their update.
So don'nt give up.
NB: My opinion though.
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by jejetee821(f): 11:21am On Feb 01, 2017
Nice write-up, dnt give up jst continue and make sure u update on time so dat we wont gt pissed up.
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Adesina12: 11:39am On Feb 01, 2017
You have a nice story here bro

Don't think your story is not interesting because people are yet to comment

In any story or right up, there are characters and event which calls for debate or comment

I am sure people who read this are yet to come across one from the story to date

Meanwhile, my comment is more of rhetorical question because you might not be willing to reveal it now until you get to the stage

1. Could Mr. Issac be a gay? from the look of things only men visiting him

2. Could he belong to a gang of criminals due to his involvement in fetish thing? Reason he doesn't want to deal with women who could reveal his secret

3. Could he be prison brake escape?.....why he doesn't go out during the day even in working hours of the day

Tintinnoty.......over to you

Let me set my bowl of popcorn down here to watch next episode
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Chumzypinky(f): 11:52am On Feb 01, 2017
Sweetheart, its interesting and suspense-filled, dont give up. Thats how it usually is. People wont comment much until when the story has gotten to its peak. Dont give up honey, the sky is your limit
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Tintinnoty(m): 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
Adesina12:

In any story or right up, there are characters and event which calls for debate or comment

I am sure people who read this are yet to come across one from the story to date

Meanwhile, my comment is more of rhetorical question because you might not be willing to reveal it now until you get to the stage

2. Could he belong to a gang of criminals due to his involvement in fetish thing? Reason he doesn't want to deal with women who could reveal his secret

3. Could he be prison brake escape?.....why he doesn't go out during the day even in working hours of the day

So many questions begging for answer. Subsequent updates should provide answers to your questions.
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Adesina12: 3:37pm On Feb 01, 2017
Tintinnoty:

So many questions begging for answer. Subsequent updates should provide answers to your questions.

Keep it coming bro.

Waiting patiently
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Kaodek(m): 2:32pm On Feb 02, 2017
Next......
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by ozila(m): 5:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
ladySuperb:
Queenite have u ordered for anything? seems like its gonna be a long ride!!!! Political thug where art thou? buttersss oya come ooooo fiyah!!!! oyinprince!!! ozila!!! biafrabushboy !!! everybody come ooooi!!
I don show
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Tintinnoty(m): 8:14am On Feb 04, 2017
Am sorry guys for the delay in update, is not as if I abandone the thread rather it has been a hectic and eventful week for me. Surely today an update will drop today. Thanks for your patient and understanding
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Oyinprince(m): 1:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
Following, will be back to read cool
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Marrtynze(m): 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
Please updates, the story is a good one
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by dand9206(m): 11:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
OP, come and finish this
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Tintinnoty(m): 9:05am On Feb 07, 2017
Sorry guys that this update is coming this. U have been busy running around and is been hectic all weeks.

Today I'll be concluding this very brief and short story. After thus I will be dropping a bigger story with suspense filled. Thanks for your patience.
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Tintinnoty(m): 9:07am On Feb 07, 2017
HIS SECRET 5 (Conclusion)
For everyone who have been on this journey with me for the past 5 days, thank you. Your likes and comments mean so much! Merci Beaucoup.
My dad shrugged his shoulders and perched on my study table. ''Well, since you want to know, I will tell you. You see, few weeks ago, I came home to pick a file I forgot. There was no light that day. As I passed by his apartment, I saw his front door open and wanted to say a passing hello to him since he was always home anyway. To the shock of my life, I saw what I had never seen in my entire life.'' Dad said, shutting his eyes as if shutting out a bad memory. ''Darling, what did you see?'' Mom prompted, her nervousness as glaring as mine. Dad looked at us, one to the other, sighed and then continued. ''The first thing I saw was a couple in a coital session. At first, I was shocked to see him doing it with his door open. Didn't he think anyone could come into the compound? It was none of my business anyway, so I let him be, came in to pick my file and left. On my way out, I stole a glance and saw he was done. My eyes strayed to his partner and I...I saw it wasn't a woman but a man! A full fleshed man!'', Dad continued despite the shock on our faces. ''Unfortunately for him, he saw me and after that, he came to beg me not to reveal his secret. I told him off! I warned him not to come close to anything that belongs to me or I'll report him. That explains why he ran out the way he did the other night'' Dad finished on a sigh.
I was too dumbstruck to say a word. My mind flashed back to our conversation. Now, I understand why he said he would never get married..at least not in this country. Mom kept repeating Jesus over and over again. Suddenly, my brother rushed into my bedroom, wide-eyed. He said something about the police arresting Mr. Isaac. We all rushed to the window and saw Mr. Isaac being led to a police van by two policemen. He was handcuffed and wasn't even resisting arrest. Before the van could move, we rushed out. Dad stopped the policemen and asked what the matter was. Mr. Isaac's other two friends were already in the van, handcuffed. ''Well, if you want to know, these three men have been on the run for a while. They are very hardcore criminals who have been on our wanted list for robbery and murder.'' The policeman said before joining others in the van.
We watched the van drive out of the compound. All four of us, Dad, Mom, Ope and I, at a loss of reality.
Ever since that eventful first semester break, I have grown suspicious of overly beautiful men. Perhaps my Dad was right after all. Fair people cannot be trusted. In fact, I do
n't know if I should trust any man at all. Beautiful or not.

You can drop your comments and help review this short story.
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Adesina12: 9:14am On Feb 07, 2017
Adesina12:

This was my verdict before final update...

I was 100% correct about Issac.
Re: ****His Little Secret*** by Tintinnoty(m): 9:14am On Feb 07, 2017
purityval Hibiscuss goodheart02 Fabiano09 Adesina12 Harameede99 sisterly,ladysuperb,sammyfresh
smooth,racheal chumzypinky goodheart02

make una come criticise the jargons wry I write ooo. lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Baby Mama By Victoria Ezekiel / Bad Spread (An Awareness Fiction Story on Ebola Virus) / My Sweet And Lovely House Boy (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.