Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

British Actor Sir John Hurt Dies Aged 77 After Battling Cancer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / British Actor Sir John Hurt Dies Aged 77 After Battling Cancer (578 Views)

Obi Madubogwu Is Dead After Battling Diabetes (Photos) / Meet Ikwa Ibom Superman Aged 77: Pulls A Car With Teeth, 15 Men Can't Pull Him / British Actor, Peter Vaughan Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

British Actor Sir John Hurt Dies Aged 77 After Battling Cancer by Blonchilli(m): 11:01am On Jan 28, 2017
Over six decades, his distinctive voice and towering presence saw him much in demand for a variety of roles.
He successfully combined classical theatre with television and Hollywood blockbusters.
The death of his character in the film Alien has often been voted as one of cinema's most memorable moments.
John Vincent Hurt was born on 22 January 1940 in the town of Chesterfield in Derbyshire.
While many of his contemporaries picked and chose the roles they would play, Hurt cheerfully took anything that came along, no matter how small.
The film critic and historian Geoff Andrew asked Hurt how he managed to regularly turn in such memorable performances.
"The only way I can describe it is that I put everything I can into the mulberry of my mind and hope that it is going to ferment and make a decent wine.
"How that process happens, I'm sorry to tell you I can't describe."
Hurt is survived by his two sons and his fourth wife, of 12 years, Anwen Rees Meyers, a former actress and classical pianist.
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29343784

(1) (Reply)

2face For President 2019 / Nationwide Protest To Hold In Uyo, Akwa Ibom(approved Letter) / Olamide, M.I Abaga, Davido And Other Big Stars Boycott February 6 Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.