Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating (1208 Views)

My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / "I Am Tired Of Seeing My Husband's Hard Joystick Every Morning!" - Nigerian Lady / "I Regret Divorcing My Former Husband, The Beating I Receive Now Is Worse" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by farous(m): 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2017
My 5yr old child is so sturbon and can play inside from morning even till mid night without resting without resting.He can be told to do something or stop playing he will refuse and after beating him,he still continue doing so. Most times he can be beaten(both with cane and hand) up to 10 to 15 times daily which is a sort of disturbance to the neighbourhood due to constant crying and noise. I have told my wife that we seek for another method of handling this rather than beating since its not proferring any solution to avoid causing a harm(wound,etc) to the child or giving devil an opportunity of doing something one will regret-"Had I known syndrome" or better still to leave him but she did not buy the idea. On many occasions I feel pity to the child for the constant beating and crying . How can you beat a child atimes up to 10 to 15 times in a day,he will be crying,yet he keep doing the same thing over and over. Please how best can we handle this as this is giving me a great concern.
Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by Splinz(m): 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2017
I'm afraid, there may be nothing or little you can do to help your boy, since the rod has failed woefully.

But then, who does he play with- alone or play mates? If it is the latter, try and stop them from playing with your son. And where he plays alone, do away with those things he likes playing with, or make the environment less attractive.

Honestly, children of these days are a hell of a problem, fearing no rod nor punishment. SMH
Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by dingbang(m): 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2017
Madea!
Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by Paulpaulpaul(m): 4:40pm On Jan 28, 2017
What does he like praying with?

Can you afford home lesson - about three teachers

Can you buy him playing kits?

What a child plays with mostly show their interest, so figure that out. After you might have done that, buy organised playing kits for him. You can choose a profession for a child in that way; it's called tracking. If you want him to become a doctor, buy doctor kits.

No child is stubborn, they are just hyperactive, hence the need to keep them busy. Get him lesson teachers durig the week and music classes by the weekend.

Tango! Tango!!
Do you read me?
No child is stubborn
I repeat, no child is stubborn
Over and out

8 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by Ayaba03(f): 4:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
Constant beating makes a child to be stubborn. U need to find other means of punishing him either by scaring him away or give him punishments. Mayb he s used to d beating dats y nothing changes. If it continues dat way, he b be much more stubborn dan he is ryt nw.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by tukdi: 4:49pm On Jan 28, 2017
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by falcon01: 4:52pm On Jan 28, 2017
play with him from morning till night untill he gets tired don't stop untill he starts crying keep doing it.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 28, 2017
Create an atmosphere for him to play creatively. That way he will be learning on the go.
Truth is that he is just exceptionally creative, not stubborn.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by farous(m): 5:01pm On Jan 28, 2017
Splinz:
I'm afraid, there may be nothing or little you can do to help your boy, since the rod has failed woefully.

But then, who does he play with- alone or play mates? If it is the latter, try and stop them from playing with your son. And where he plays alone, do away with those things he likes playing with, or make the environment less attractive.

Honestly, children of these days are a hell of a problem, fearing no rod nor punishment. SMH

Not with outsiders but with anytime in d house and his younger one,even when mandated to read his books.
Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by farous(m): 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
Sorry I mean .....with anything in the house....
Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by Rett0: 5:27pm On Jan 28, 2017
Pray....
Help burn that excess energy by channelling energy to something productive. Make the toddler cleanup, tidy, fold clothes, build bricks, count numbers, work with educative materials.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
Stop beating him please, your child is energetic. Deal with it like that. He will outgrow it.
Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 28, 2017
falcon01:
play with him from morning till night untill he gets tired don't stop untill he starts crying keep doing it.
So he should leave work and be playing with a child. Are you for real?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by princefunmmy(m): 6:39pm On Jan 28, 2017
Get him busy with something productive and place prize for what you want him to do.
Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by Kowor(f): 7:23pm On Jan 28, 2017
dingbang:
Madea!
Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by Kowor(f): 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2017
Have you tried playing with the child too?
Indoor sports like ludo, scrabble and the likes could aid calculations and spellings.
Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by sisisioge: 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2017
Whew! Cartoon!

Get him to sit and watch cartoons when he's not studying. My friend's son shuttles between disturbing the nation with his hyperactivenes or watching cartoons. In fact, they make power happen just to ensure the choice is cartoon. Result is that the boy is calmer and better educated just by sitting in front of the TV.

The last time they ( he and his sis) visited me, TV was the magic word used to keep him in check.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2017
Hit his head on the wall 5 times a day(since he is 5). That's what my parents did to me; It helped me calm down.
Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by loshybab(m): 11:47pm On Jan 28, 2017
farous:
My 5yr old child is so sturbon and can play inside from morning even till mid night without resting without resting.He can be told to do something or stop playing he will refuse and after beating him,he still continue doing so. Most times he can be beaten(both with cane and hand) up to 10 to 15 times daily which is a sort of disturbance to the neighbourhood due to constant crying and noise. I have told my wife that we seek for another method of handling this rather than beating since its not proferring any solution to avoid causing a harm(wound,etc) to the child or giving devil an opportunity of doing something one will regret-"Had I known syndrome" or better still to leave him but she did not buy the idea. On many occasions I feel pity to the child for the constant beating and crying . How can you beat a child atimes up to 10 to 15 times in a day,he will be crying,yet he keep doing the same thing over and over. Please how best can we handle this as this is giving me a great concern.
give him lessons to while away his time
....take him out for some city tour
....play/engage in some of his plays
...promise him gifts and other things

do all these and many more and trust me,he would obey even a simple instruction mistakenly given but with time!
Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by jaszplus12(m): 12:04am On Jan 29, 2017
[quote author=Splinz post=53210027]I'm afraid, there may be nothing or little you can do to help your boy, since the rod has failed woefully.

[/
quote]
Nope! You are wrong on that bro...kids are not a hell of a problem. Upbringing has to do with psychological physical and emotional observation of kids...watch a child's reaction and use your mature mind to respond as guide to the child and see how that child tags along!
Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by jaszplus12(m): 12:17am On Jan 29, 2017
farous:
My brother, take care that your wife doesn't cause havoc to your child's life. Many people especially women have failed to see how a child responds to their commands and requests and before you blink that mother would scream and flog or beat that child in the name of discipline... That's totally wrong. Notice that if you coax a child that child tends to be more comfortable with you thereby responding positively to your request. Some kids are hyperactive and you can't blame them, after a while they calm down and become more sedate. This may take months or years depending on the child. But lack of knowledge on the parents part makes them react badly towards the child. Again children tend to watch how their parents give commands and requests and may occasionally taunt the parent to see the parent's reaction and I bet you most parents begin to beat that child. That's very bad. This is where maturity comes to play. The watchword is careful observation and learn the child's moods to enable you teach the child the proper way to respond to commands and requests you give. Children need to be respected ...in turn they will respect you! Try it and see...I'm a living experiment!!

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by Nobody: 4:50am On Jan 29, 2017
Your child is acting like he isn't listening to your commands, he might even be forgetting it too. I don't think it is his intention to be stubborn rather I think he has a problem with paying attention to things

I think you can help by first acknowledging that he might have a problem, then be very patient and keep repeating commands as often as possible. It seems he might have Attention deficit disorder.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by Dyt(f): 7:09am On Jan 29, 2017
Leyin teti lu omo pa
*after you have beaten his life out*

Seriously?
You both parent are hell aggressive
Angry couple
angry angry
Beat a child 15times a day?
Demons
You both need help

Children even adults are stubborn
In fact I am a queen of stubborn and my son took after me
There are punishments which beating is the least of all
Ofcus I spank my son but might not be once in 2years
Give instructions
Follow with reward
Be a psychologist
Learn and read your child's need and wants
Stop depriving that little champ of a good life

I am not judging you both but you are hell of a angry parent
angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:my Child Is Sturbon And Can Play All Day,i Am Tired Of The Beating by MARKone(m): 8:27am On Jan 29, 2017
Phew! cheesy

O'l boy I can't deal. I hate stubborn kids. Probably you guys over pampered him when he was still very little. Beating a child 10-15 times in a day is rather extreme, might even end up making the child more hardened. He is still developing, and would definitely outgrow it. You should also create a compulsory daily siesta time for him, at least make una rest for some hours cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Whats The "Karma" For A Married Man? / Why Men Date One Or Two Girls Outside Marriage / I Need To Leave The Village For The City.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.