Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Okonjo-iweala Says She’s Not Running For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala Says She’s Not Running For President (547 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet / "Babangida Aliyu Deceived Jonathan" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Senate Indicts Okonjo-iweala, Says Her Memo Caused N1.7tn Revenue Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala Says She’s Not Running For President by Okimski(m): 7:39pm On Jan 28, 2017
Former finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, says she is not interested in contesting running for president in 2019.
Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala took to Facebook, Thursday, to post a disclaimer against a campaign on the social media site urging her to run for president in 2019, with the president of the African Development Bank, Akinwumi Adesina, as her running mate.
The campaign has a Facebook page “Okonjo-Iweala/Adesina 2019 Rescue” dedicated to it, with more than 25,000 people liking the page so far.
“I have nothing to do with this,” Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala said of the campaign, in her Facebook post. “I urge those behind it to stop, as I am focused on other things.
“While I thank those who want to have my name constantly in the headlines for one important position or the other in the country, rest assured I am fully occupied with my international assignments and loving it,” she said.
Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala, 62, served twice as Nigeria’s finance minister under former presidents Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan, and was credited with introducing reforms in the country’s financial sector especially during Mr. Obasanjo’s administration.
She holds a PhD in regional economics and development from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MIT, in United States, and has been listed among the Forbes Magazine’s 100 Most Powerful Women in the World

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/221846-okonjo-iweala-says-shes-not-running-president.html

Re: Okonjo-iweala Says She’s Not Running For President by sarrki(m): 7:41pm On Jan 28, 2017
Lol

She can't even win

She ruined our economy
Re: Okonjo-iweala Says She’s Not Running For President by sarrki(m): 7:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
What did she takes us for ?

She ruined Gej presidency

She overated herself
Re: Okonjo-iweala Says She’s Not Running For President by boiz2men(m): 7:45pm On Jan 28, 2017
sarrki:
Lol

She can't even win

She ruined our economy

Your paymaster sent our economy to hell

Boys wey Sabi send spam mails. Check my signature joor
Re: Okonjo-iweala Says She’s Not Running For President by coruso(m): 7:45pm On Jan 28, 2017
sarrki:
Lol

She can't even win

She ruined our economy
and how did she ruin your economy?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Says She’s Not Running For President by lytech1(m): 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
She is trying to test her popularity. But madam okonjo,sorry ehn... You will surely loss
Re: Okonjo-iweala Says She’s Not Running For President by kettykings: 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
coruso:
and how did she ruin your economy?
by dealing with the cartel behind oil subsidy and proposing to the Governors of that Era to save for the rainy day( which was collaborated by Peter Obi ), also she started the sovereign wealth fund is a state-owned investment fund that invests in real and financial assets such as stocks, bonds, real estate, precious metals, or in alternative investments such as private equity fund or hedge funds. Sovereign wealth funds invest globally. She blocked rogue good for nothing Governors of APC like Oshiomole from taking crazy loans that would have turned Edo state to Osun state.

some imbeciles will start mentioning things like the pension fraud and the Arms deal fraud which was used by Dasuki to procure funds for GEJ second term and other vices not remembering the the Minister of finance is not the EFCC , the same imbeciles will never blame the current minister for finance for the SGF fraud or the fraud currently rocking some of buharis closest aids accused of taking bribe from MTN . such is the life of hypocritical Bigots whose only achievement seems to be the idea of truncating GEJ's tenure with lies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala Says She’s Not Running For President by Okimski(m): 7:56pm On Jan 28, 2017
She knows that Nigeria is too dull for her liking, how on earth some one with his right senses say she ruined our economy. Don't worry, keep on voting dullards
Re: Okonjo-iweala Says She’s Not Running For President by cstr55: 7:56pm On Jan 28, 2017
lytech1:
She is trying to test her popularity.
But madam okonjo,sorry ehn...
You will surely loss
She will lose most likely. A woman with fortune 500 companies on her speed dial that can turn Nigeria into a second world nation overnight and create job explosion unprecedented in the history of black Africa.
While the likes of buhari the cattle rearer will win by a landslide not because of his outstanding pedigree in management , education, economy or human relations but because he has millions of born to rule at his command with a subservient lackey in one region of the South ready to fight for the crumbs.
That is the story of the third world.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Says She’s Not Running For President by DozieInc(m): 8:20pm On Jan 28, 2017
Re: Okonjo-iweala Says She’s Not Running For President by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:31pm On Jan 28, 2017
Okimski:
Former finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, says she is not interested in contesting running for president in 2019.
Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala took to Facebook, Thursday, to post a disclaimer against a campaign on the social media site urging her to run for president in 2019, with the president of the African Development Bank, Akinwumi Adesina, as her running mate.
The campaign has a Facebook page “Okonjo-Iweala/Adesina 2019 Rescue” dedicated to it, with more than 25,000 people liking the page so far.
“I have nothing to do with this,” Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala said of the campaign, in her Facebook post. “I urge those behind it to stop, as I am focused on other things.
“While I thank those who want to have my name constantly in the headlines for one important position or the other in the country, rest assured I am fully occupied with my international assignments and loving it,” she said.
Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala, 62, served twice as Nigeria’s finance minister under former presidents Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan, and was credited with introducing reforms in the country’s financial sector especially during Mr. Obasanjo’s administration.
She holds a PhD in regional economics and development from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MIT, in United States, and has been listed among the Forbes Magazine’s 100 Most Powerful Women in the World

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/221846-okonjo-iweala-says-shes-not-running-president.html

Iweala is a fugitive and has ran away from the country. She would not comr back here under any APC administration. She and Diezani have questions to answer and their hands are dirty, deep dirty like Dasuki's.

They will call Yoruba cowards but look at Ibos who served under Jonathan...they all have fled or gone under and shut their mouth.

FFK is here and constantly standing in opposition and voicing his dissent. Mrs Omobola Johnson is here. Mr Akinwunmi comes in periodically when his engagement allows. Where are the Ibos and their proud voices to oppose from PDP or even defend Jonathan?

Bloody cowards!

(1) (Reply)

Gyonlineng Exclusive : President Buhari Is Not Seriously Ill, But He’s Sick / . / Throwback: What Lai Mohammed Said About Yar’adua’s Health In 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.