Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out (48257 Views)

STEPHANIA Cursed Apostle Suleman For Lying / Lady Lays Curse On Stephanie Otobo, Begs Apostle Suleman For Help / Buhari’s Health: CAN Slams SGF Babachir, Warns Him Against Incurring God’s Wrath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by blazer234: 3:01pm On Jan 29, 2017
Johnnyessence:
It will shock d whole world when APC party is been return back to opposition party. Even their mega party won't help them. Infact they will be rejected like what d masses did in 2015 general election. Infact it will surprise them and d whole world. Nigerians are rejecting pmb leadership. 80 percent of Nigerians are rejecting pmb leadership and his cabals in 2019 general election. Our Vp should kindly speak up.

You will be surprised that they will win in 2019.

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by Sirjamo: 3:03pm On Jan 29, 2017
Ngokafor:

..Trust me when i say that being a muslim right now is equals to stvpidity especially when it has to do with buhari and apc.
you wrote this garbage just for three likes? you try well well.

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by hman4real(m): 3:03pm On Jan 29, 2017
Ngokafor:

..Trust me when i say that being a muslim right now is equals to stupidity especially when it has to do with buhari and apc.

Muslims are not stupid

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by emi14: 3:03pm On Jan 29, 2017
CXLVII:
Is CAN really a religious association cos even NURTW behave more civilised than them..

Now I see reasons why Catholics pulled out of the association

The leadership of CAN is naive currently. Archbishop Anthony Okogie marched one and one with pure dictators of Buhari/Idagbon, Ibrahim Babangida and honorable tyrant like Gen. Sani Abacha. You cannot compare the voices of experienced academic giants like Okogie and John Onaiyekan among other learned catholic leaders to what is happening to bastardised CAN leadership now. The results of two years school of theology is on display.
Some may callect bribes to burst their personal owned enterprise.

3 Likes

Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by HtwoOw: 3:06pm On Jan 29, 2017
vatiqan:
Wasted sperms, viz Ngene, Dropshot, Madridguy, and that Idiet, Sarrki, would never be here.

Even if they are here, can needs to be dissolved it's just a set of politically motivated people and if it's not CAN it'll be Suleman that'll destabilize this country

Before you assume though I'm a Christian, I'm not perfect, doesn't mean I'm not reasonable

CAN should be dissolved

2 Likes

Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by Sirjamo: 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2017
Naso una go push the man enter kuje like dilector albino finish, only him go con dey ear watery beans.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by MayhorE(m): 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2017
jaz:
VP OSINBAJO IS A FRAUD AND DEFINITELY NOT A MAN OF GOD BUT ANOTHER POLITICIAN WITH SELFISH AMBITIONS
u've said it all no more talking

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by vislabraye(m): 3:14pm On Jan 29, 2017
KidsNEXTdoor:

Those nurudeens and komorus have sold their soul to their Fulani masters... Even if u conduct another election today... They will still vote for Buhari with an empty stomach

I met one recently .. He told me why things are hard is because there is no more free money... Buhari has stopped all the lope holes
I now asked him... What is Buhari using the money for and which project has he completed...
He said... Em em em.. Buhari is working in London cheesy

Isn't that explanation stupid ? I wonder if the guy is a graduate in the 1st place. Won't it be good if every Nigerian gets this same free money ?
Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by royalnose: 3:18pm On Jan 29, 2017
Kudos to CAN, truth be told what do we expect from Osinbade, he is but a mere VP, not even a Super VP like Atiku who can confront his Principal. Things happen, Osinbade is protecting his garri, no ideology, no integrity in saner climes he shd av resigned when his primary constituency is being attacked. But as a typical Nigerian Garri first

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by GreatMahmud: 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2017
Osibanjo like all Afonjas serving their hausa/fulani masters from time immemorial till death...
Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by Johnnyessence(m): 3:23pm On Jan 29, 2017
PUSH1:

It's not possible.
why do u say that it is not possible hmmm. Is it not d masses that vote him in 2015. It will shock pmb and his party when d masses will reject him and his party people. Infact u will see d crowd that will come out that will protest next week saturday. I predict series of events in Nigeria and abroad. I predict trump will win and stay for long last. Now this one is coming again. Every blessed day d masses are aware of what is going on.
Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by vislabraye(m): 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2017
emi14:

The leadership of CAN is naive currently. Archbishop Anthony Okogie marched one and one with pure dictators of Buhari/Idagbon, Ibrahim Babangida and honorable tyrant like Gen. Sani Abacha. You cannot compare the voices of experienced academic giants like Okogie and John Onaiyekan among other learned catholic leaders to what is happening to bastardised CAN leadership now. The results of two years school of theology is on display.
Some may callect bribes to burst their personal owned enterprise.

I want to believe that Abacha or IBB were not as bigoted as what we have today. But what do you suggest thst this current CAN do ?
Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by excel101(m): 3:27pm On Jan 29, 2017
What has the Govt. done to the alpha's, Imams or Islamic clerics that preaches to the Muslims in the mosques in the Northern region to kill Christian's.
Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by lovat(m): 3:31pm On Jan 29, 2017
darlenese:
CAN , una try, why haven't u spoken since ?. You are waiting for who would speak up and picked up by DSS, nobody won die but everybody won go heaven !

I respect Suleman,!, but CAN can got to hell for all I care!
Your post is so small like the size of yoyr brain
Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
Nigeria vp av fail the church. He is just dia as a poster. God av mercy.
Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by preciousguy1: 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2017
PUSH1:
Why can't all these men be preaching peaceful coexistence among Nigerians!
Or is it not profitable?
Or Do they require money to preach about it to all Nigerians.

I am still in love with Anglican churches.
Was it not Jesus that said we should love our neighbors as ourselves. If they slap in the right cheek, turn the left.

I am an advocate of peaceful coexistence among Nigerians no matter their religious affiliations.
so what happens when they are done smashing the two cheeks?
Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by emi14: 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2017
vislabraye:

I want to believe that Abacha or IBB were not as bigoted as what we have today. But what do you suggest thst this current CAN do ?

They are as dormant as Osubanjo. C.A.N should speak up. We need radicals in that leadership. They should be more of pressure group. Apc is determined to Islamise Nigeria. CAN is the mouthpiece of christians. They should act as one.

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by peteruapata: 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2017
darlenese:
CAN , una try, why haven't u spoken since ?. You are waiting for who would speak up and picked up by DSS, nobody won die but everybody won go heaven !

I respect Suleman,!, but CAN can got to hell for all I care!
Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN)

“We call on the acting president Professor Yemi Osinbajo, to intervene in this clampdown on the church in Nigeria. After all, he is in the office primarily to represent the interest of the Christians and his studied silence is no longer golden."
~CAN President, Dr Samson Ayokunle.

Would it also have been right for Muslims Association of Nigeria to say; Bhuari is in the office primarily to represent the interest of the Muslims ?
#Continue

#APATA

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by AngelicBeing: 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2017
AllTheWayUp:

grin grin grin

I stand firm with Apostle Suleiman and all Christians around the world till Jesus Christ returns------DSS,Buhari, EFCC , ISIS, Boko Haram, Sultan of Sokoto, MURIC and fulan Herdsmen can quote me anywhere.
cool
Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by OVIE007(m): 3:38pm On Jan 29, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
cheesy you people should leave VP ooh, what do you want him to say? But truly Osinbajo no dey try
Stop contradicting urself
Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 29, 2017
Good afternoon.

Now, before I comment, I would like to issue this disclaimer...

I do not approve of the violence being comitted by anyone, including Fulani Herdsmen. I approve of people settling their differences within the ambit of the laws governing this country. We have the police, the courts, traditional elders, etc....let's use them. It is better to jaw jaw than to fight fight.

Now...on to my main comment.

I cannot fathom why CAN would back a man who said that it is ok to kill members of a certain tribe if they enter his church or waylay him.

Has CAN become an organisation for the promotion of violence?

Has CAN forgotten what the bible says...that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal....

CAN should go back to the bible...and read about a man who once upon a time ran around attacking and dealing violently with Christians. He even wanted to head to another city to continue his violent anti-Christian activities....but he was waylaid by a Divine Being. And even then, it took the activities of Christians like Barnabas...to welcome him into the Church.

CAN and Pastor Suleiman are not doing the right thing. I am sorry, I know this does not make me popular...especially as many Christians have suffered in this country over the years. But to start responding to our 'persecutors' with our persecutor's weapons.....shows that we are not Christians. We are just another group of Gentiles.

And even then, the language used by the Apostle Suleiman is similar in nature to the language that certain extremists used in a certain country about another group of cattle rearers. We all know how that ended (Hint...800000 people died.).

But the sad thing is that the Apostle Suleiman brand of Christianity is popular in Nigeria. Many Nigerian christians have given up using the weapons of God, and have switched to the weapons of Satan. We now use the same carnal weapons favored by the Enemy....forgetting that the more we use them, the more we get manipulated into our Adversary's trap. And our Adversary has no face. Our Adversary is not represented by any religion, creed or tribe. Our Adversary is legion. And such an adversary can only be fought with the tools our Father has laid before us...the tools of prayer, and of doing what is right before the Lord.

It is high time CAN and Christians stopped using the language of violence and hate...and used the language that God has taught us to use. We Christians are the LIGHT of the world....not the fire that ignites bushfires that combine into a conflagration.

Nigerian Christians....awake.It is time we returned to the Lord....our strong Refuge...and turned away from refuges built by men.

I pray we do so.
Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by Matican: 3:40pm On Jan 29, 2017
hamzeiy:
hmm as usual CAN is always emotional when it comes to issues like this as they always look for the slightest oppurtunity to accuse muslims falsely. which church is been clamped down in nigeria..the last time a checked a reasonable law that was to increase our revenue as a nation was suspended because a' man of god' was affected by it. it seems some people are hell bent on bringing chaos to the countrt and offcourse the Igbos at the otherside of the corner are happily rejoicing. the major casuality of this madness happening in southern kaduna arr even the muslims as expected from a community of majority christains and minority muslims but it dosnt make news..thr instant you have reprisal attack CAN would be in thr front with its smelly mouth to say things it knows are false for the gullible nigerians and Igbos who just prefer to be deceived.. do nigerians even know that most fulani herdsmen dont even know how to pray the muslim salat..they are practically non muslims..crises between an ijaw man and itshekiri is an ethinic one but the one btw a kataph man and a fulani person (that are mostly non practicing muslims) is a religous one (CAN's hypocrisy at display). we are patiently waitin to react soon..maybe then CAN WOULD know the difference between a muslim attack that would be justified i assure you and the one carried out by fulani criminals..finally only an irresponsible country will alow anybody to call for chaos and genocide without reacting....i hope the day we get tired of innocent muslims been killed on southern kaduna federal roads leading to other states and falsely accused,our real leaders (scholars of sunna not the sultan) shall issue fatawa..then we shall know who would get tired of the chaos CAN has been hoping for eagerly

The Rwandan genocide was brewed
by, among others, christian clergy and countless ordinary civilians. Some militias called themselves the "Army of Jesus" and they believed their mission was to destroy God's enemies.

Many of those who fanned the embers of the calamity now serve terms at the Hague. check this link:

Catholic Church Apologizes for Role in Rwandan Genocide - Newsweek

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/www.newsweek.com/catholic-church-apologizes-role-rwandan-genocide-523289%253Famp%253D1&ved=0ahUKEwj8z6CHyufRAhXLtBQKHfNxBesQFghkMAc&usg=AFQjCNHjRP3X6GSs9nLICNhI_ElpsZiw8g

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by Fingesi(m): 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2017
Let CAN try win Osinbanjo to the side of Apostles Suleiman instead of slamming him.

The killing of Christians by either Fulani or any Islamic group has to stop. And its high time Christians have to get up and defend their brothers.

If Nigeria must burn so the massacre of Christian will stop, then Nigeria better start burning. Or how do you explain the cases the stomachs of pregnant Christian sisters been ripped open with knives alive and foetus brought out and slayed leaving the woman to die is pains. Can you comprehend the extent of this wickedness? Remember the deceased could have been your sister or wife or daughter etc. So why should Christian Pastors keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by Buharimustgo: 3:48pm On Jan 29, 2017
Ngokafor:

...As far as i am concerned,Bukola Saraki(though corrupt but hey aint they all?) is much more effective and useful than Osinbajo.

Bros I totally concur with you I also agree with u
Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by vislabraye(m): 3:48pm On Jan 29, 2017
emi14:

They are as dormant as Osubanjo. C.A.N should speak up. We need radicals in that leadership. They should be more of pressure group. Apc is determined to Islamise Nigeria. CAN is the mouthpiece of christians. They should act as one.

My brother, that's the thing oh. Even most if our MOGs are not helping matters. The only one who's vocal so far is Oyedepo apart from Suleman. What is wrong if pst. Adeboye openly condemns these killers ? He has the clout. He has the followership. Government can't threaten him. Even if they want to arrest him, they will think 2ce.
He has all these powers at his disposal and he's not using it ? Just imagine if Adeboye had said what Oyedepo said. I think it would have gone a long way. The likes of Bakare and Mbaka can not be trusted. Afterall, didn't Buhari and Osibanjo go to RCCG to receive his blessings ? A RCCG member was killed and we heard his silence.
Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by Boleyndynasty2(f): 3:48pm On Jan 29, 2017
OVIE007:

Stop contradicting urself
Oga How do you use to do it?
Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by xpool(m): 3:49pm On Jan 29, 2017
mr1759:
osibanjo is a yorubaman , he is of no use . thank you CAN for speaking out
[b]It's not about being a yorubaman it's about most southern leaders, especially the Christians, they are mostly sycophants, cowards and selfish.
Let me assume you are Igbo or a Christian, look at Igbo political leaders running from from one party to the other, even when it's against the voices of their people. Imagine Nnaman, Nwodo and the rest rushing to APC.
Tinubu stood his ground on yoruba political structure and excelled, he stood his ground! Unlike the so glorified Peter Obi that used APGA and as soon as he left office ran away from the party, and joined PDP, why? Because he wants to become a president.

Sorry if I digressed, The so called can had never been outspoken when Christian faithfulls are oppressed.
When can begin talk, them warn hide for the back of Apostle Suleiman.

After the fulanis slaughtered igbos in Enugu, what did Enugu governor do, what did enugu house of assembly members do, what did Igbo senators and rep. members do, what did Ohanaeze do?

I beg leave yoruba people alone and fight for your right.[/b]

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by curvilicious: 3:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
Shame on CAN you had to wait till now

Osinbajo is duller than Buhari

You want to arrest Suleiman because he revolted against jihadist but arrest killers no way

1 Like

Re: CAN Slams Osinbajo & Applauds Apostle Suleman For Speaking Out by Zetra(m): 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2017
SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 / Fire Accident At Cairo's Coptic Church. 41 Dead, 14 Injured (photos) / Oyinbo Man Smoking At The Experience 2017 During Prayer Session (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.