Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

How Do I Improve And Profit From This Website? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Improve And Profit From This Website? (647 Views)

A-z Of 1st Grade Used Clothes Business & How To Make Profit From It! (UPDATED) / How To Build A Computer School And Profit In Two Years / How Do I Improve Profits In My Beauty Salon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Improve And Profit From This Website? by netpro(m): 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2009
I want to run the largest, most visited and ofcourse the most resourceful website here in Enugu. I have completed the development - its up and running. www.

But for my limited resources, I want to know if there is a less strenuous ways I can get fund to promote it and achieve the above. I don't even mind a partnership.

Most importantly for now how can how do I improve the site - features, etc.

--------  ------------  ----------  -------------  -------------  -------------
Emmanuel | 08033656489 | ezeali @ gmail.com  (remember to join the email)  |  www.
Re: How Do I Improve And Profit From This Website? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2009
You did a Good job with the site, but why don't you explore more tourism potentials of the state and exhibit it on your website, through that, you will attract the attention of hotels and even the Government of your state.
Re: How Do I Improve And Profit From This Website? by ooe1: 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2009
Good job. Its a long-term project. First of all you have to do your keyword research and stock the website with articles and content.
Then you may do a little paid advert. Newsletter updates etc.
Its a big project and a long-term venture.
Expect little to nothing in the next 6 months but don't give up.
Re: How Do I Improve And Profit From This Website? by sayhi2ay(m): 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2009
the site is wordpress, you don't have to worry much about its search functionality since that's already being handled for you.
however, reduce the flash and images on your home page, makes the content load slowly. users are looking for information that interests them, not how beautiful your flash or images are. they want the information quick and easy else they close your site and look elsewhere.
you need to keep writing articles, link to other sites and have other sites link to you, that way, you get ranked on google.
at the moment, i dont see any interesting information on your site or why i should visit it again (all your uploaded pictures and whatnot can be found on facebook), so why should users leave facebook and visit your site? make their visit worth while, make the site unique.
write articles, and share it on facebook or twitter, (there is a plugin for this), that way you get more traffic to your site.
ask your self this question: will you want to pay to advertise on site xyz? if the answer is no, ask yourself why, then you tailor your site to what you think users might be interested in.
-make your comment box user friendly ( tinymcecomments can do this)
- bring your search box around where your header is, users hate to have to scroll down to find the search box or anything for that matter, its universal standard that it'd be somewhere around the header, put it where they expect to find it.

not like you sell anything on your site right now, don't see how you want to draw much traffic, except you want to offer freebie or make suggestions on how to get freebie, that could do the trick.
Re: How Do I Improve And Profit From This Website? by smilebb: 11:01am On Dec 02, 2009
That is a good job but I suggest you print some leaflets and distribute it to organizations in Enugu and also do website submissions along with forum participations
Re: How Do I Improve And Profit From This Website? by netpro(m): 12:07pm On Dec 02, 2009
Thanks for all the great advice. I am implementing some already. I would hit the road with publicity soon. I guess I still have to stick to fine-tuning the site and adding more articles.

Thanks for all the response.

(1) (Reply)

Good News Fo Nigeria Importers / Does Anybody Use Mass Article Control Software Here? / Investors Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.