Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,226 members, 7,853,189 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:18 PM

Are We Really Saying The Same Thing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are We Really Saying The Same Thing? (470 Views)

Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? / Here Is What The #hallelujahchallenge Is Really Saying To Nigeria And Nigerians / Demons, Angels, Vampires Etc // Extraterresterials, Aliens, Ufos - Same Thing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Really Saying The Same Thing? by bosa1(m): 10:44am On Jan 29, 2017
Sometimes when it looks like you disagree with what is popularly accepted, some voices who also disagree without understanding what you are saying feel that you are saying the same thing. This is to let you know that we may agree on a few issues, but if the Bible is not your text, and if Jesus is not your truth, we are not saying the same thing.

2 + 2 = 4
2 * 2 = 4

The fact that these two numbers give the same numbers doesn't mean that 3+3 will give the same as 3*3. To say we are saying the same thing because we seem to agree on a few points is purely speculation. I'm saying let's go back to the Word of God, and let every man including those that agree with some of what God's word says be a liar.

1. It sounds like we are saying the same thing when I say that Tithe is a law practice and a shadow which none of Jesus' disciples ever preached. Biblical evidence shows clearly that any form of giving which is not cheerful, and which exploits your pocket book is not of God. God's word is the seed, not money. Those who don't collect offering would not reap money as harvest. It may sound like we are saying the same thing, until you realize that I don't give God 10%. I already gave God 100% and live it out daily. I don't use the understanding of the legality of tithe as a license to be puffed up and not be responsible and responsive towards God. The percentage of my income that goes in obedience to God is not yet 100% but it's my daily desire and it's growing. On my budget, I have Kingdom projects, free will offering, God pocket, Spiritual Foreign Exchange, Honor, Family e.t.c. What would go into maintaining the steward and his family this year is pegged at significantly less than 50% (rent, school fees, family upkeep, e.t.c.), all extras go into God projects.

2. When it sounds like I disagree with foremost men of God, and seem to be quite clear in the write-ups that seem to call them out, I get a few support for people who have been saying the same thing. Where I believe there is a difference is

a. I have prayed long and hard, and still pray for these men. Honestly I need to resume the praying and pray more now than ever, as I have waned in my praying for them.
b. I am not really bothered about men of God and how they feel or would react. I am bothered about what affects God and what misrepresents Christ and I'm duty bound to Him in love and commitment to ensure that He is lifted up. If in lifting him up, it goes against any man of God, I really can't be bothered. Men (of God) can kill the body, but God can destroy both eternally. As a follower of Jesus, I must rise to defend the gospel if it's being misrepresented.
c. I write about these things with no envy in my heart. I don't want the Church I pastor to grow numerically. I don't want to be successful the way the world measures success. I am happy to die for Christ if God approves, and to live for him if God approves. I don't want spiritual power, I don't want to be important, I want Christ, and he's enough for me.
d. Even though I disagree with someone, I try to do it respectfully. What I won't call my father, I try not to call people the age of my father. I however respect and revere Jesus, and if he instructs me to do anything against a mere mortal, it would be disrespect for Jesus to look at their faces. If a father goes to his son's school and asks him to punch his class bully and he's afraid, it's an insult on his father.

3. When I write to condemn idolatry many people agree and tend to think we agree. Well, we agree if you are not pot calling kettle black. This means, throw out all the idols completely and if there is anyone that is yours in the list, while you condemn the others, we are not saying the same things. An idolatry summary list is as follows.

a. Items - Oil, Blood, Handkerchief, Comb, Candles, Rosary, Water, Reflector Jacket, Confession booklet, Prophetic declarations e.t.c. Anything you have reduced God to, for use in achieving objectives.
b. Wants - Children, Husband, Career, House, Car, Blessings, Success, e.t.c. Anything you want to use God for.
c. Men - Pope, General Overseers, Bishops, Snr Apostles, Snr Pastors e.t.c.- anyone that stands between you and God as mediator outside Christ. Anyone who does signs that work, but then leads you in ways that point you to wants, lusts or material desires.

We agree on some points no doubt, I however want you to go all the way with Christ. No particular beef for any mortal, just love for God! No angst against tithers and first fruiters - liberty can be the reason why people choose bondage. No grouse with any particular man of God, ready to go to war against all if they stand against Christ - your pastor maybe yet untouched because he's yet unknown. I don't want to save my talent and make heaven, I want to trade with my life, and win others. I don't want to live long, I want to manifest eternal life from this side of eternity. I want Christ's church to grow in stature, I'm happy with discipling 12 who go on to disciple 12 who disciple others.

I'm not perfect, I'm far from it. The more I get to know of God, the more I see how I don't deserve His love, and how really low I am in what matters. I know that the life of Christ can only be lived by Christ, and daily I die, that I may manifest eternal life. He died for me, I long to life fully for Him. Since God reached out to me, then there is nobody out of His reach, haven believed passionately in the opposite of what He now shows me.

"This mystery has been kept in the dark for a long time, but now it’s out in the open. God wanted everyone, not just Jews, to know this rich and glorious secret inside and out, regardless of their background, regardless of their religious standing. The mystery in a nutshell is just this: Christ is in you, so therefore you can look forward to sharing in God’s glory. It’s that simple. That is the substance of our Message. We preach Christ, warning people not to add to the Message. We teach in a spirit of profound common sense so that we can bring each person to maturity. To be mature is to be basic. Christ! No more, no less. That’s what I’m working so hard at day after day, year after year, doing my best with the energy God so generously gives me" - Col 1:26-29 MSG

Adeolu Akinyemi
Re: Are We Really Saying The Same Thing? by jimmyjenseng(m): 11:02am On Jan 29, 2017
bosa1:

I however respect and revere Jesus, and if he instructs me to do anything against a mere mortal, it would be disrespect for Jesus to look at their faces. If a father goes to his son's school and asks him to punch his class bully and he's afraid, it's an insult on his father.

You've just bursted the balloon of your entire argument with this. smh.
Re: Are We Really Saying The Same Thing? by hahn(m): 11:48am On Jan 29, 2017
Your write up is the same reason why there are over 30,000 christian denominations.

Jehovah - The god of confusion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Really Saying The Same Thing? by jonbellion(m): 11:59am On Jan 29, 2017
hahn:
Your write up is the same reason why there are over 30,000 christian denominations.

True that
The confusion he caused is so bad he himself is even confused

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Really Saying The Same Thing? by bosa1(m): 5:26pm On Jan 30, 2017
hahn:

How

(1) (Reply)

48 Year Old Man Punches A Catholic Bishop / Who Will Protect Nigeria’s Northern Christians? / Two Ladies From Mbaise In Imo State Convert To Islam (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.