Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final (10638 Views)

Ryan Hycinth Invited By Rafa Benitez To Join Newcastle Youth Team / Breaking News: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final / Breaking News: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by Dareomo(m): 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2017
Up Federer Roger, dis reminds me of Serena Willy.
Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by dfrost: 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2017
Classickid:

It's 6-3 now and not 9-3.

He was referring to head-to-head stats.

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by Lifestone(m): 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
The game is now called Tennis
not Lawn tennis. The Lawn has since been removed.
Tennis is now played on various surfaces (hardcourt, clay, grass etc)
For RF, he is a legend, his smooth backhand strokes is still unbeatable in the history of Tennis. His contribution to the development of the game will forever stand.
Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by poshemmanuel(m): 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2017
Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by OluDare01(m): 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2017
Classickid:

It's 6-3 now and not 9-3.
No,Nadal leads Federer 9-3 in grand slam.
There's been 12 matches between them in the grand slam with 9 being final matches. Nadal leads that too 6-3(what you said).
Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by rajoys: 11:05pm On Jan 29, 2017
OluDare01:

There's been 12 matches between them in the grand slam with 9 being final matches. Nadal leads that too 6-3(what you said).

It is simple, no argument. You want to know the greatest between Roger Federer and Rafeal Nadal? google how many grand slams each of those two great guys have for themselves. RF is fantastic, classic, graceful and does not pushes too hard to the extent of injuring himself.

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by ElDeeVee(m): 12:00am On Jan 30, 2017
sneak3:

Oga are ufor real? ?. You obviously don't watch slams other than French Open. Nadal is not even consider among the best 3 of all time but Roger is deemed to be d greatest of all time.

Rafa should be among the best 3 of all time. Dude has 14 Grand Slam titles, same as Pete Sampras which means only Roger has won more Slams than him in the history of tennis. Remember he also won the Olympics gold medal.

It was great seeing the two guys in the Aussie final again.
Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by 2point5: 12:01am On Jan 30, 2017
OluDare01:

Roger is definitely the greatest!! When you consider how many final matches he's played, and you realise he could easily have won those matches, then you realise his greatness!!

Nadal definitely knew how to play Federer. If there was no Nadal in those final matches to stop Federer, he would definitely be on atleast 23 grand slams. Just look at the female version of Federer (Serena).
Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by OluDare01(m): 12:19am On Jan 30, 2017
2point5:

Roger is definitely the greatest!! When you consider how many final matches he's played, and you realise he could easily have won those matches, then you realise his greatness!!

Nadal definitely knew how to play Federer. If there was no Nadal in those final matches to stop Federer, he would definitely be on atleast 23 grand slams. Just look at the female version of Federer (Serena).
rajoys:

It is simple, no argument. You want to know the greatest between Roger Federer and Rafeal Nadal? google how many grand slams each of those two great guys have for themselves. RF is fantastic, classic, graceful and does not pushes too hard to the extent of injuring himself.
I am not arguing with anybody here.
I said I so much love both of them and it's hard for me to choose my favorite player.
Then I said Nadal leads Federer in head-to-head 9-3 as far as grand slam is concerned and Classickid said it's 6-3.
I'm only reiterating my aforementioned points and clarifying things.
I've been watching Tennis since 2007 and I think I know well enough.
I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by kpaofame: 12:22am On Jan 30, 2017
Hall of Famer....Federer is Arguably the Best Tennis Player ever Andre Agassi and Sampras would agree with me

grin

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 30, 2017
OluDare01:

There is only one reason for that... 5 of those win are on Nadal favorite surface... Roland Garos. Nadal hardly play in finals in other surface at the peak of their rivalry. Djokovic has a chance of breaking Rogers record if he can concentrate on the game. He is a blend of Roger and Rafa

2 Likes

Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by OluDare01(m): 12:46am On Jan 30, 2017
Nalikedis:
There is only one reason for that... 5 of those win are on Nadal favorite surface... Roland Garos. Nadal hardly play in finals in other surface at the peak of their rivalry. Djokovic has a chance of breaking Rogers record if he can concentrate on the game. He is a blend of Roger and Rafa
Yeah! I think Djokovic would be back. Dude is so good
Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by Lorddominic(m): 12:58am On Jan 30, 2017
Na wa for diz tennis grannies... Serena(36) and Federer(35)... What are d younger ones doing...someone should retire diz grannies..I'm tired of seeing dem play

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by Jaymaxxy(m): 8:38am On Jan 30, 2017
Awoo88:

Nadal at his best have no rival especially on clay. Federer great but Nadal is best if he is inform

Bro, to be the best, you have to be good all round. Of all Nadal's 14 slam titles, 9 came for clay court (Roland Garos). He has 1 Aussie, 2 Wimbledon titles, and 2 US open titles. As for Roger, he has 1 Roland Garos, 7 Wimbledons, 5 Aussies, and 5 U.S open titles. If not for Rafa, Roger would have won more than 4 French Opens.

The greatest is not determined on just on surface. You have to be all round like the Swiss maestro. ROGER that?
Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by Awoo88: 9:04am On Jan 30, 2017
Jaymaxxy:

Bro, to be the best, you have to be good all round. Of all Nadal's 14 slam titles, 9 came for clay court (Roland Garos). He has 1 Aussie, 2 Wimbledon titles, and 2 US open titles. As for Roger, he has 1 Roland Garos, 7 Wimbledons, 5 Aussies, and 5 U.S open titles. If not for Rafa, Roger would have won more than 4 French Opens.

The greatest is not determined on just on surface. You have to be all round like the Swiss maestro. ROGER that?
Then Federer is not all round. Check the statistics of play against those two great players. Nadal had beaten Federer more no any other surface than Federer had beaten Nadal. Please check. There were times when there is a final between Nadal and Federer, it only resign to fate. It was almost pitiable to see a maestro struggle against one young Spanish using left and spinning the ball better than any other person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by dj5naira(m): 9:19am On Jan 30, 2017
Awoo88:

Then Federer is not all round. Check the statistics of play against those two great players. Nadal had beaten Federer more no any other surface than Federer had beaten Nadal. Please check. There were times when there is a final between Nadal and Federer, it only resign to fate. It was almost pitiable to see a maestro struggle against one young Spanish using left and spinning the ball better than any other person

So correct.
Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by dj5naira(m): 9:20am On Jan 30, 2017
Gospel!!!
Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by Jaymaxxy(m): 9:27am On Jan 30, 2017
Awoo88:

Yes, Nadal leads Federer when comparing their previous meetings but that doesn't translate to winning more silerwares than Roger. Maybe he prefers winning Federer to winning trophies. If there's no French Open, Nadal will only be having 5 slams to his name. And wait, are you trying to compare them in terms of who plays a more beautiful tennis? Hahaha...
Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by Awoo88: 2:20pm On Jan 30, 2017
Jaymaxxy:

Yes, Nadal leads Federer when comparing their previous meetings but that doesn't translate to winning more silerwares than Roger. Maybe he prefers winning Federer to winning trophies. If there's no French Open, Nadal will only be having 5 slams to his name. And wait, are you trying to compare them in terms of who plays a more beautiful tennis? Hahaha...
Have you compare the numbers of years each player have been playing tennis? Go watch Nadal again. Each time he loses, you will always have this "how person go play like this come lose" can of feeling. Nadal spins the ball better than any play and his make his opponent lose hope. Actually those who beat him are those who don't care about what Nadal is doing which is amazing. They play themselves the underdog. Federer actually stated he has nothing to lose. He went into that with the Mind set of an underdog. How can he be be greater

1 Like

Re: Roger Federer Defeats Rafa Nadal In Aussie Final by unuane1(m): 3:44pm On Jan 30, 2017
bi0nics:

Cavity bro grin
Mr perfect without typing errors.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Angels Wins Super 6 League & Qualifies For 1st Women CAF Champions League / Ghana Vs Brazil: Germany 2006 Second Round Fixture / Birmingham 2022: Mercy Genesis Wins Gold In Women's Wrestling Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.