Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,701 members, 7,851,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:22 PM

DRAMATIS PERSONAE - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DRAMATIS PERSONAE (300 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DRAMATIS PERSONAE by Purposeciti: 2:14pm On Jan 29, 2017
DRAMATIS PERSONAE
BY Oluwamayowa Lala
Dramatis personae is a recurring concept In the society, we've all-on many occasions acted scripts, those scripts written by those enigmas, egos. filthy or clean, a script it is and a script it remains.it was and is never a reality. we just acted those scripts.
That dramatis personae in us is what makes us act what we are not, we deceive ourselves acting scripts, and supposing during that inglorious moment of faking, a neutral person walks up to us on the stage of life, naively presents us with a task that's overwhelming for our true self, still in pretense, we accept and on and on we gradually get caught in those meshes.
In my few adventures in life, most painful blows I got were in times I did dramatis personae. For I murmured within myself thereafter, why did I act? Why did I do dramatis personae? Why didn’t I face the reality of who I am? Why?(! ) I’ve always asked myself in those troublous moments of dramatis personae. That celestial heat within would nudge me until I do away with those treacherous costumes.
On Sundays, many of our Christians would go to church wearing their costumes to act that ‘holier than thou script’, what we are not, we act. Dramatis personae! On seeing the clerics they hastily adjust as if that enigmatic movie director had just pressed the clapperboard, we adjust into that obsequiousness. We respect clerics in the church and disobey parents at home, Dramatis personae! We treat churchmen and churchwomen kindly but deal unashamedly with husbands and wives at home. What about that unjustifiable aplomb on the pulpit? (King James tone please) OH thou drama king or queen! Why hast thou counted it fit to do wickedness in the sight of God in that secret place? And thus, thou counted it more righteous to act good in front of mere men, Who rewardest thou? Man or God!
On the political landscape. Politicians would wear their costumes to act progressives during campaign, only get to power and become our worst nightmares. Dramatis personae!
The majestic strength of a realistic, God fearing and simple man I adore. I will increasingly dread that land of fantasy for it doesn’t last, we all need-dread that self-deception filled with inner struggles between our real self and fake self of dramatis personae.
For prudence…I think we should pray to learn to do away with that filthy spirit of dramatising…

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! For The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! / A King Under The King / Halt!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.