Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

What Is The Best Strategy To Win A Whot Game? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is The Best Strategy To Win A Whot Game? (9737 Views)

Code Your Forex Strategy To An Expert Advisor On Mt5 / Regular Programming Challenges With The Odd Money To Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Strategy To Win A Whot Game? by NaijaTroops(m): 4:21pm On Jan 29, 2017
hi, am try to create a (card) whot app just to test a few things i learnt on android, but am struck trying to make the computer (dealer) make intelligent move for example i always win when i play the game. any suggestions to make the computer more difficult to play against. pls help
Re: What Is The Best Strategy To Win A Whot Game? by fretfingers: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2017
Currently, how does the computer play against a human user. What prompts/triggers the com to play a specific card?
Re: What Is The Best Strategy To Win A Whot Game? by NaijaTroops(m): 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2017
comp is triggered according to card played
Re: What Is The Best Strategy To Win A Whot Game? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 29, 2017
First I have to say well done for thinking outside the box, secondly I must say most games share the same or similar algorithmic logic as chess.. Each piece has an index rating so for instance of the game is on hardest level the computer is more probable to get higher pieces or on this case cards with higher indexes, and the most important factor is how the computer reacts to your cards, just as in chess, it looks for optimal decisions to attack or defend at every instance.

I would recommend you use tools like
YouTube
Stack overflow
And mighty Google

I would also love to see how far you have gone.. Of you dont mind
Re: What Is The Best Strategy To Win A Whot Game? by fretfingers: 11:47pm On Jan 29, 2017
I think you dint get my question well.

Let me paint a scenerio:

You and Comp have 5cards each...

You have three balls numbered (5,3,1) and a triangle and carpet with numbers (8,11) respectively

Comp has one ball with number (4) , one carpet numbered (1) and three stars numbered (5,8,7) respectively..

Now Comp is to play next and the opening card has a carpet with number 5...(Note:: Games mode is set to professional or the highest ranked diffculty)

Now my question again.. What card do you think the comp should play first?

What I think should be considered are the following (which are based on your knowledge/research or expertise on the game itself) Please note that I am not an expert too at whot playing however I know guys that are good at it and the ability to guess 80percent of the following gives them that edge IMO ::

1. Card Number or Shape?
2. Card number or Shape on Hand
3. 80percent guessing precision on Card number or shape with the challenger (this IMO is a logical guess based on the probability of the card opened and the Card on hand)
4. Card that links other cards
5. Most frequently occuring Card Number or shape.
6. Least frequently occuring Card Number or shape.
7. Total number of Action cards on hand
8. Leading cards
9. If you are to deal then it should be that there is a piece missing in the card combo to form the perfect winning combo plus you also have the feeling your challenger may also deal.

Sorry for the long text.. However I just wanted to point out that there are more than one variables/parameters to consider than just prompting the comp to play according to just the card (number and shape) played by the challenger that's if you want the comp game level to be top notch.

Regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Strategy To Win A Whot Game? by 0luwatope(m): 3:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
I always apply logic in almost any program I write, here is what you should consider

1. Firstly design the computer to show you his cards(you can see his cards and let him wait for like 10secs before he plays) you would have an idea about the card he wants to play and the one he Is playing, then make him choose the best card to play)

2. How have you numbered your cards to make the computer understand better, let me give an example, you play 12star, and the computer has 2star and 4star. Let the computer know that 2star should come before 4star giving you a pick2 and continuing the game.

3. let the computer reason the same way you reason, you keep pick two's waiting for opponent to say last card Let the computer also reason that way. All the best with your whot, and please I need the online and betting whot app, make it fast
Re: What Is The Best Strategy To Win A Whot Game? by NaijaTroops(m): 6:07pm On Jan 31, 2017
thanks every one ur utmost will keep u updated
Re: What Is The Best Strategy To Win A Whot Game? by asalimpo(m): 10:01pm On Jan 31, 2017
some strategies:
the computer should always arrange its cards on hand in such a way that if opportunity presents itself,
it can deal a deathly strike that will end the game in its favour.
e.g
if it has some fire cards (pick2, general market) and some delayers (hold on, suspension), some universals (whot)
some duds (others), it could first try to get the duds out of the way, then, when opportunity presents itself, play the delayers, followed by the fire cards, then end with the universal or mix it up differently.
Re: What Is The Best Strategy To Win A Whot Game? by NaijaTroops(m): 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2017
asalimpo:
some strategies:
the computer should always arrange its cards on hand in such a way that if opportunity presents itself,
it can deal a deathly strike that will end the game in its favour.
e.g
if it has some fire cards (pick2, general market) and some delayers (hold on, suspension), some universals (whot)
some duds (others), it could first try to get the duds out of the way, then, when opportunity presents itself, play the delayers, followed by the fire cards, then end with the universal or mix it up differently.
thanks i would try that
Re: What Is The Best Strategy To Win A Whot Game? by ultrablazer: 12:31am On Dec 09, 2018
Inbox me so I’ll teach you some whot tricks

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Write Sql Statemen That Can Cast String To Double / How I Switched To Data Science From A Non IT Background - My Learning Experience / How To Change IP Address On Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.