Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,605 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Peace For The Financially Abused In The Church (tithing Can Kill You) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Peace For The Financially Abused In The Church (tithing Can Kill You) (967 Views)

Nobody Can Kill Me, Because I’m Already Dead – Adeboye / Tithing Can Be A Selfish Act If... / "Touch My Wife, I Will Kill You" - Pastor Adeboye Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peace For The Financially Abused In The Church (tithing Can Kill You) by SOLARPOWER1(f): 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2017
PEACE FOR THE FINANCIALLY ABUSED IN THE CHURCH
(The tithing, sowing and reaping message CAN KILL YOU)

In the next few days I will be posting grace based and contextual explanations to some scriptures (especially the letters of apostle Paul) used by sowing & reaping, tithing preachers to take away peace from the hearts of God’s people and distort the view of a loving and caring Abba Father (God) that we have. (This thread is open to contribution and healthy discussions)

I am fully aware that this might stretch the belief of some friends I have here but these truths are not from my head, they are in your BIBLE and I promise it will bless you and cause a radical change of your view on who God is.

"The root of most unbelief in the modern-day church is a warped view on money. This wrong view left the world laughing at the church as well as the people in the church confused and flooded with unbelief.

The character of God has been slandered in many ways since the fall of man. One of the areas where great error has crept in is in the area of money, leaving the human heart in a place of doubt about the integrity of God.

To start with, I am giving out free e-copies of a book titled: JESUS IS THE TITHE by Bertie Brits.

This book will help you get established in the love that God has for you. It is a relationship based as well as a doctrinal approach to money in the church that will help you reconcile the love of God and finances in the Church. This book shakes the traditional view on finances and will help the reader to experience peace on account of the love of God in the area of money." Drop your email here to indicate your interest or get the book from the link below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7p2iMvZXcBINWhxSTl3SjdKYmM/view?usp=drivesdk

NOTE: I am not saying you should not give money, support your local church and the gospel as led by the Spirit of God. My goal here in the days ahead is to see people set free from manipulation and law based giving and see true generosity and freedom born in the hearts of God’s people.
Re: Peace For The Financially Abused In The Church (tithing Can Kill You) by Flexherbal(m): 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2017
Give according to what your heart tell you.
Re: Peace For The Financially Abused In The Church (tithing Can Kill You) by sallyzan(f): 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2017
I have always wondered about this Bible verse

Jesus replied, “And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them. Luke 11:46
Re: Peace For The Financially Abused In The Church (tithing Can Kill You) by menxer: 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2017
Put the ebook in Google Drive and post the link here any body that is interested will download it, instead of asking people to post their emails here, consider other people's privacy and security.
Re: Peace For The Financially Abused In The Church (tithing Can Kill You) by SOLARPOWER1(f): 10:06am On Jan 30, 2017
@ menxer thanks for the idea. I have created and added a link to get the book .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7p2iMvZXcBINWhxSTl3SjdKYmM/view?usp=drivesdk

1 Like

Re: Peace For The Financially Abused In The Church (tithing Can Kill You) by SOLARPOWER1(f): 6:09pm On Jan 30, 2017
(Tithing can destroy your understanding of God's love)

THE TITHE OF ABRAHAM AND MELCHIZEDEK
You will need patience to go through today’s episode, it’s a long one, just had to add necessary information knowing fully well that this is a very controversial topic.

Gen 14:17-20
17 And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king's dale.
18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

NOTE: before we even dig deep, let’s look at the popular logic of most tithing preachers: they agree that the tithe commanded in Mal.3:8-10 is under the law hence it’s not for believers today but argue that Abraham tithed before the law was given to Moses. But Abraham also did things like circumcision and sacrificed animals to God long before the law was given. Are we to continue in these things also because they were before the law? SELAH. (read my post: ‘the origin of the law’).

Notice that the first thing Melchizedek did when he saw Abraham was to bless him, Abraham did not offer him anything before he blessed him with the bread and wine (which we can say in typology represent the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ), then Abraham gave him 10% to say thank you for the blessing and as a sjgn of respect for the Kingly priest.It was not the 10% tithe he gave that attracted the blessing, the blessing came forth first before he gave something as thanksgiving. I have seen it done repeatedly in some churches where the pastor calls out for the tithe, then prays specially for only those who gave their tithe leaving those who did not pay their tithes in self condemnation feeling they have missed out of the blessing.THESE PASTORS ARE DOING THE REVERSE OF WHAT THE KINGLY PRIEST MELCHIZEDEK DID HERE.

BUT WHY DID ABRAHAM GIVE THIS KING OF SALEM 10% ?

Abram was not a Christian and did not grow up with a Bible in his hand. We need to know that Abram was under an AMORITE who enforced the Babylonian-Chaldean law on all who lived in his fields. As a child, Abram—who would eventually be called Abraham—lived in Ur, then moved to Haran after some years. It was at Haran that God told him to leave everything and go to a land God would show him (See Gen. 12). He eventually ended up close to Hebron, in the fields of Mamre, an Amorite, south of Salem (Jerusalem). It is very important for us to understand that Abraham was living and following a Babylonian-Chaldean tax system of honoring the greater, called the tithe tax. The king’s tithe was a Babylonian tax system whereby you honored the king and his rule over you. All the subjects of the king had to give ten percent of their income to the king. That is how they showed their respect to the king and submitted to him. Should you not pay it you would be under the curse of the king, seen as his enemy and punished?

OTHER ACCEPTABLE CUSTOMS OF HIS DAYS THAT WE SEE ABRAHAM AND HIS WIFE LIVED BY:
1) Getting married to the slave girl:
Although under Babylonian law monogamy was the rule, in the case of a childless wife, she was permitted to give her husband a maidservant to bear him children, who were then reckoned to be hers. The code did not allow the husband to take a concubine; but if his wife did not bear him a child he could do so. The concubine was a co-wife, though not of the same rank; the first wife had no power over her. Sara was observing this law when she gave Hagar to her husband Abraham for a wife, to bear children to them. Sara was obviously observing the Code of Hammurabi when she gave Hagar to Abraham. Should we also allow this today, since it was before the Ten Commandments? Never! And we don’t tithe just because tithing was practiced back then either.

2) Abram and the Sky God:
Gen 13:18
18 Then Abram moved his tent, and went and dwelt by the TEREBINTH TREES OF MAMRE,* which are in Hebron, and built an altar there to the LORD.
NKJV

The full Hebrew name for the fields of Mamre where Abram lived is Elonei Mamre, which refers to a cultic shrine dedicated to the supreme sky god, “El,” of the Canaanites, whom they referred to as “god.” It was a place where there were trees that the people believed had special powers to help them connect with “god.” Abram decided to build an altar at that place, sacrificing to the god he believed told him to move to another place. Here we see Abraham still mixing his beliefs with the beliefs and practices of that day. Abraham went to the magic trees in hopes that they could help him connect with God.
We need to realize that Abram was not a Christian at all, and he submitted to the heathen laws of those times. He lived by the rules and laws that governed the people of that time, which were what the Israelites later wanted when they asked for a king as the other nations had. These rules and laws applied to slavery and tithing as we can see in the Mesopotamian tithing laws, and in 1 Sam 8:15-17 where they asked for a king.

SHALOM!
Re: Peace For The Financially Abused In The Church (tithing Can Kill You) by LLSAINT(m): 12:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
A good one although this is a School of Thought, I Concur with 90% of your assertion.

SOLARPOWER1:
(Tithing can destroy your understanding of God's love)

THE TITHE OF ABRAHAM AND MELCHIZEDEK
You will need patience to go through today’s episode, it’s a long one, just had to add necessary information knowing fully well that this is a very controversial topic.

Gen 14:17-20
17 And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king's dale.
18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

NOTE: before we even dig deep, let’s look at the popular logic of most tithing preachers: they agree that the tithe commanded in Mal.3:8-10 is under the law hence it’s not for believers today but argue that Abraham tithed before the law was given to Moses. But Abraham also did things like circumcision and sacrificed animals to God long before the law was given. Are we to continue in these things also because they were before the law? SELAH. (read my post: ‘the origin of the law’).

Notice that the first thing Melchizedek did when he saw Abraham was to bless him, Abraham did not offer him anything before he blessed him with the bread and wine (which we can say in typology represent the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ), then Abraham gave him 10% to say thank you for the blessing and as a sjgn of respect for the Kingly priest.It was not the 10% tithe he gave that attracted the blessing, the blessing came forth first before he gave something as thanksgiving. I have seen it done repeatedly in some churches where the pastor calls out for the tithe, then prays specially for only those who gave their tithe leaving those who did not pay their tithes in self condemnation feeling they have missed out of the blessing.THESE PASTORS ARE DOING THE REVERSE OF WHAT THE KINGLY PRIEST MELCHIZEDEK DID HERE.

BUT WHY DID ABRAHAM GIVE THIS KING OF SALEM 10% ?

Abram was not a Christian and did not grow up with a Bible in his hand. We need to know that Abram was under an AMORITE who enforced the Babylonian-Chaldean law on all who lived in his fields. As a child, Abram—who would eventually be called Abraham—lived in Ur, then moved to Haran after some years. It was at Haran that God told him to leave everything and go to a land God would show him (See Gen. 12). He eventually ended up close to Hebron, in the fields of Mamre, an Amorite, south of Salem (Jerusalem). It is very important for us to understand that Abraham was living and following a Babylonian-Chaldean tax system of honoring the greater, called the tithe tax. The king’s tithe was a Babylonian tax system whereby you honored the king and his rule over you. All the subjects of the king had to give ten percent of their income to the king. That is how they showed their respect to the king and submitted to him. Should you not pay it you would be under the curse of the king, seen as his enemy and punished?

OTHER ACCEPTABLE CUSTOMS OF HIS DAYS THAT WE SEE ABRAHAM AND HIS WIFE LIVED BY:
1) Getting married to the slave girl:
Although under Babylonian law monogamy was the rule, in the case of a childless wife, she was permitted to give her husband a maidservant to bear him children, who were then reckoned to be hers. The code did not allow the husband to take a concubine; but if his wife did not bear him a child he could do so. The concubine was a co-wife, though not of the same rank; the first wife had no power over her. Sara was observing this law when she gave Hagar to her husband Abraham for a wife, to bear children to them. Sara was obviously observing the Code of Hammurabi when she gave Hagar to Abraham. Should we also allow this today, since it was before the Ten Commandments? Never! And we don’t tithe just because tithing was practiced back then either.

2) Abram and the Sky God:
Gen 13:18
18 Then Abram moved his tent, and went and dwelt by the TEREBINTH TREES OF MAMRE,* which are in Hebron, and built an altar there to the LORD.
NKJV

The full Hebrew name for the fields of Mamre where Abram lived is Elonei Mamre, which refers to a cultic shrine dedicated to the supreme sky god, “El,” of the Canaanites, whom they referred to as “god.” It was a place where there were trees that the people believed had special powers to help them connect with “god.” Abram decided to build an altar at that place, sacrificing to the god he believed told him to move to another place. Here we see Abraham still mixing his beliefs with the beliefs and practices of that day. Abraham went to the magic trees in hopes that they could help him connect with God.
We need to realize that Abram was not a Christian at all, and he submitted to the heathen laws of those times. He lived by the rules and laws that governed the people of that time, which were what the Israelites later wanted when they asked for a king as the other nations had. These rules and laws applied to slavery and tithing as we can see in the Mesopotamian tithing laws, and in 1 Sam 8:15-17 where they asked for a king.

SHALOM!

1 Like

Re: Peace For The Financially Abused In The Church (tithing Can Kill You) by SOLARPOWER1(f): 4:19pm On Feb 01, 2017
PEACE FOR THE FINANCIALLY ABUSED IN THE CHURCH.

For today, Let’s look at Philippians 4:16,17

Php 4:16 For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.

Php 4:17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your ACCOUNT.

Notice Paul is saying they gave unto his NECESSITY but at the same time in verse 17, he says not because I desire a gift. He is talking like this because he wants to make sure they are not under any pressure or compulsion to give to him. See 2Cor. 9:7

2Cor.9:7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.

Secondly he says I desire fruit that may abound to your account. What fruit and what account was he talking about? Many have used this verse to imply that God takes record of our giving like an investment as though we have a heavenly/spiritual bank account with which He rewards us by multiplication according to how much we give.

But the word translated as ACCOUNT in verse 17 is the Greek word ’logos’ (which means a word, something said including the thought, a reasoning, a computation/logic, an understanding based on something said….), the same Greek word translated as word in John1:1 (In the beginning was the word (grk: logos), and the word (grk: logos) was with God………..). Paul was saying he desires to see the fruit (the result, the belief in the gospel, the transformation in kindness and generosity) as a result of their understanding of the word he has preached to them. There is great joy in the heart of a minister of God’s word when he sees the fruit of the word (i.e. a change in people’s lives/attitude as a result of his ministration by the Spirit).

Matt 6:30-32
Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Therefore take no thought, saying, what shall we eat? Or, what shall we drink? Or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

SHALOM!
Re: Peace For The Financially Abused In The Church (tithing Can Kill You) by SOLARPOWER1(f): 4:37pm On Feb 01, 2017
LLSAINT:
A good one although this is a School of Thought, I Concur with 90% of your assertion.

Thanks for the encouragement and for allowing me to serve you with the gospel of God's grace and kindness . One of my goals here is not just to get people to mentally agree with me but to provide a platform for people to think (from a view point of life and the love of the Father that Jesus demonstrated as He walked the earth)and study more on these things.
Re: Peace For The Financially Abused In The Church (tithing Can Kill You) by LLSAINT(m): 2:10pm On Feb 02, 2017
I have done and still doing research on your assertion but tis unfortunate that the minds of people are already made up with customs/traditions which Jesus came to resist. My only addition is that Jesus is the Tithe and calvary had settled it! Keep doing what you are good at. More Grace.
SOLARPOWER1:

Thanks for the encouragement and for allowing me to serve you with the gospel of God's grace and kindness . One of my goals here is not just to get people to mentally agree with me but to provide a platform for people to think (from a view point of life and the love of the Father that Jesus demonstrated as He walked the earth)and study more on these things.

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Gift From God Or What? / Nigerian Hacker Takes Over Pastor’s Facebook Account, Publish Screenshots Of Dir / Come Alive Lyrics By A’dam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.