Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency (1616 Views)

Twitter Is On Fire This Morning Over Police’s Invitation Of Saraki / Governor Receives Apostle Johnson Suleman In Abakaliki / See Authentic Pics Of Classy Wedding Invitation Of Zahra Buhari & Ahmad Indimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by sharpden: 11:21pm On Jan 29, 2017
THE Invitation of the General Overseer ‎of Omega Fire Ministries ‎Worldwide , Apostle Johnson ‎Suleman , by the Department of ‎State Services over inciting comment was in order‎, an official of Nigeria’s Presidency has said on Sunday.

The official said the DSS did not have to wait for a presidential directive as being alleged in the social media before carrying out its duties.

The Presidency official told journalists this on the condition of anonymity .

He said for openly calling for the killing of Fulani herdsmen , all religious leaders be it Christian, Islamic or traditional ought to condemn the call and bring the
pastor back to order.

“ The decision of the DSS to invite the said preacher for talks this week over the statements he is
reported to have made is in clear demonstration of the agency ’ s duty that does not require any kind of
presidential directive as is being speculated on the Social Media.

“ Anyone , especially leaders, who engages in such questionable conduct, ought to at least be asked
a few questions. We just hope religious leaders will also at least call on the said pastor to behave in a Christ-like manner , ” he said .

The official said while the government understood the
emotional reactions arising from a breakout of violence , the country does not need a religious leader calling for more violence .

“Is CAN aware of this kind of statement ? Is it in line with
Christian conduct? Why haven ’ t there been a condemnation of this kind of criminal conduct? There is
some understandable outrage about cases of violence in Southern Kaduna , yet this coming from a religious leader is certainly even more outrageous , ” he said.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2017/01/dss-invitation-apostle-suleman-order-presidency/

1 Like

Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by subtlemee(f): 11:28pm On Jan 29, 2017
Misplaced priority

So now to tell one to defend one's self is now a criminal conduct?

No wonder why death wishes are flying everywhere

5 Likes

Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by nlsmd: 11:31pm On Jan 29, 2017
Let me just sit here and read comments.. .the person below me may have something to say. But truth is things like this make People support Trump's claim that Christians are being persecuted and the need for #Muslimban undecided
Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by SalamRushdie: 11:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
yet Fulanis not only call for the killing of others but actually carry out their threat but none has ever been arrested , invited or charged to any court of law ..Christians must rise against this satanic govt in one voice ..Buhari in the Name of God this will be your last tenure

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by sharpden: 11:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by durubrian(m): 11:39pm On Jan 29, 2017
subtlemee:
Misplaced priority
He clearly said we should kill any fulani man that comes close to us.

1 Like

Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by obailala(m): 11:57pm On Jan 29, 2017
subtlemee:
Misplaced priority

The pastor should have simply made his point clear in the first instance; asking people to defend themselves if attacked by herdsmen isn't wrong, but making a blanket public statement to church members to just kill any herdsman they see around the church, that's obviously irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by reyscrub(m): 11:59pm On Jan 29, 2017
Pls if lion see you, what will be his thought? Also what will be your own thought? To pray?

At that moment, it becomes a game of troys, the fastest get live again. You forget salvation and praise worship before you do the needful.

Therefore don't treat radical fanatics Muslim as a human being because they have been brain washed to become a wild animal for killing spree.

Imagine a human being rapped bomb on himself and decided to kill himself and other to get to arujianah and win virgin girls as a reward for that heinous crime for Christ sake!

You therefore think to quote psalm for safety when this beast comes your way?

The option lies with you when they come your way either to prepare to quit life or defend yourself to live in life.

The truth is that this folks call Muslim were born human but later converted to wild animal to hult.

Pls Christians everywhere, defend yourself and fight back after all it is not a sin to be safety.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by HtwoOw: 12:03am On Jan 30, 2017
He said kill them, kill all of them, if anyone looks like them, kill that person

Cut thier throat,

1 Like

Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by subtlemee(f): 1:24am On Jan 30, 2017
obailala:
The pastor should have simply made his point clear in the first instance; asking people to defend themselves if attacked by herdsmen isn't wrong, but making a blanket public statement to church members to just kill any herdsman they see around the church, that's obviously irresponsible.

Something happened last month in my town where there was a clash and the northerners involve were running house to house stabbing and inflicting injury on anybody they see without their victims knowing there's a fight somewhere ..in this case what will be your suggestion?
Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by mykeljosef: 1:36am On Jan 30, 2017
its times like this you wish the green arrow was real

some people need to die for Nigeria to move forward

DSS i dare you to come after me

jk... I'm not a Fulani so i can actually get arrested

1 Like

Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by Sibrah: 1:54am On Jan 30, 2017
The guy was forming Oyedepo without understanding how to frame his statement contextually.
What about the other cleric who justified the Fulani herdsmen killing as revenge?
Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by obailala(m): 8:58am On Jan 30, 2017
subtlemee:

Something happened last month in my town where there was a clash and the northerners involve were running house to house stabbing and inflicting injury on anybody they see without their victims knowing there's a fight somewhere ..in this case what will be your suggestion?
This is not a matter up for argument. It is silly, and it is criminal for a leader of so many followers to just give an order for people to go and kill any fulani peraon they see, irrespective of whether the person is innocent or guilty. In any country of the world, such a person would be invited for questioning and even charged for inciting people to violence.

It is not everything you say in public. #CommonSense101
Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by subtlemee(f): 6:48pm On Jan 30, 2017
obailala:
This is not a matter up for argument. It is silly, and it is criminal for a leader of so many followers to just give an order for people to go and kill any fulani peraon they see, irrespective of whether the person is innocent or guilty. In any country of the world, such a person would be invited for questioning and even charged for inciting people to violence.

It is not everything you say in public. #CommonSense101

Hmm...so we should all die in silence? thank you
Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by Paperwhite(m): 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2017
Useless government founded on lies, propaganda,hypocrisy,islamic fanatism. angry What becomes of El-Rufai,Ango Abdullahi & other fanatic Islamic clerics who often incite adherents to commit violence right from their mosque esp.on Fridays? No more "siddon look" attitude.I'll defend myself. [/b]Pls Christians everywhere, defend yourself and fight back after all it is not a sin to be safety.[b] Credit someone up this thread.
Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by lovat(m): 7:09pm On Jan 30, 2017
What the f*ck is that Mere commisioner doing there

Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by obailala(m): 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2017
subtlemee:

Hmm...so we should all die in silence? thank you
undecided undecided

What I have explained above, isnt it common sense to you?... Do you really need an explanation to underatand the difference between an innocent person and an aggressor?... Where is your common sense in all this? undecided

Okay since common sense is now rocket science, why dont you walk into the road and start murdering any person you see tending to cows? After all some people with cows murdered people in Kaduna so killing any herdsman you see is automatically self defence. Maybe you can start the crusade since you dont know the difference between self defence and cold blooded murder.
Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by subtlemee(f): 1:54pm On Jan 31, 2017
obailala:
undecided undecided

What I have explained above, isnt it common sense to you?... Do you really need an explanation to underatand the difference between an innocent person and an aggressor?... Where is your common sense in all this? undecided

Okay since common sense is now rocket science, why dont you walk into the road and start murdering any person you see tending to cows? After all some people with cows murdered people in Kaduna so killing any herdsman you see is automatically self defence. Maybe you can start the crusade since you dont know the difference between self defence and cold blooded murder.

You talk they'll criticise,you don't talk you are blasted...

BTW this one I'm even answering you could be you are one of em' herdsmen that's why you are picking offense

I won't resort to rudeness to drive a point home...Bye
Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by obailala(m): 4:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
subtlemee:

You talk they'll criticise,you don't talk you are blasted...

BTW this one I'm even answering you could be you are one of em' herdsmen that's why you are picking offense

I won't resort to rudeness to drive a point home...Bye
My apologies for sounding harsh/rude earlier, I think my emotions overran my language. I couldn't just understand why it was too difficult for so many people to understand the clear difference between killing an aggressor vs just going out to kill people (innocent or not) just purely because of their tribe/ethnicity/religion.
Re: DSS Invitation Of Apostle Suleman In Order – presidency by subtlemee(f): 5:14pm On Jan 31, 2017
obailala:
My apologies for sounding harsh/rude earlier, I think my emotions overran my language. I couldn't just understand why it was too difficult for so many people to understand the clear difference between killing an aggressor vs just going out to kill people (innocent or not) just purely because of their tribe/ethnicity/religion.

Apology accepted

(1) (Reply)

We Need To Work Quickly To Correct Things, Says Acting President Osinbajo / South Africa's Xenophobic Attack And The Ghana - Must-ģo Case / The Three Powerful Trio - Throwback Pics Of Ade Asekun, Tunde Fowler & Osibanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.