Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status (4078 Views)

Federal High Court Denies Granting Dasuki, Others N250m Bail / FG Denies Salary Cut For Ministers / FG Denies Ordering EFCC To Investigate Lamorde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by Eziachi: 10:16pm On Dec 03, 2009
~Bluetooth:

@eziachi
your point still boils down to the fact that igboland needs an international airport, Nigeria has over 300 tribes;if every tribe start requesting for an international airport base on sentiment,there will be problem, Nigeria is wide and multi-complex, Lagos airport serves the south west axis,kano serves the northern axis while abuja serves the fct territory and surrounding states and port harcourt serves the south/eastern states, I will appreciate upgrading of the existing ones rather than dashing international status to some runways!, Haba

It funny how you said that Lagos served the West, Kano serves the north, though you forgot Abuja. Then with Port Harcourt you decide to slash into two with SS. Will it be terrible if Port Harcourt serves SS axis and Enugu serves SE axis. I don't think you say the same if there was non in Lagos and Calabar is meant to serve the West axis.

I am still waiting for your so call criterial for  fo siting an international airport in Nigeria.  Take example of Cameroon, how many of their citizen travel abroad, compare to th entire South East but Cameroon had international airports in Younde-Douala-Garou and Bamenda, a situation that gives everybody easy access withut having to travel miles. I try to argue with facts. If you think that Between the cities of Enugu-Awka-Nnewi-Onitsha-Aba and the economic activities within them doesn't deserve a place to catch a plane within few hours of journey, instead of the risk travelling to Lagos, Abuja, Kano or PH just to catch a plane, just tell me and I will shut up.

And its funny that the same group of people that use every excuse to deny sitting any meaningful thing in Igboland will be the first to taunt them that they don't live in their homeland, when they will use every trick in the world to deny them what makes people to settle in an area.
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by Onlytruth(m): 10:35pm On Dec 03, 2009
Why are we even debating the intent behind the reversal?
Nigeria, one funny country sef! However, all these convince me that the death of that country is even nearer than I predicted.
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by Onlytruth(m): 10:36pm On Dec 03, 2009
If the reversal happens, more Igbos will be waking up to the reallity of their enslavement in Nigeria.
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by rhymz(m): 3:55am On Dec 04, 2009
Eziachi:

It's funny how you said that Lagos served the West, Kano serves the north, though you forgot Abuja. Then with Port Harcourt you decide to slash into two with SS. Will it be terrible if Port Harcourt serves SS axis and Enugu serves SE axis. I don't think you say the same if there was non in Lagos and Calabar is meant to serve the West axis.

I am still waiting for your so call criterial for  fo siting an international airport in Nigeria.  Take example of Cameroon, how many of their citizen travel abroad, compare to th entire South East but Cameroon had international airports in Younde-Douala-Garou and Bamenda, a situation that gives everybody easy access withut having to travel miles. I try to argue with facts. If you think that Between the cities of Enugu-Awka-Nnewi-Onitsha-Aba and the economic activities within them doesn't deserve a place to catch a plane within few hours of journey, instead of the risk travelling to Lagos, Abuja, Kano or PH just to catch a plane, just tell me and I will shut up.

And its funny that the same group of people that use every excuse to deny sitting any meaningful thing in Igboland will be the first to taunt them that they don't live in their homeland, when they will  use every trick in the world to deny them what makes people to settle in an area.
Thank U very much My brother.These Guyz are so hell bent on making sure they discredit whatever is due to SE.I realy hate to take the tribal rout anytime I argue with ppl,Let's talk with facts and the realities on ground.Most of the ppl arguing against anything igbo have probably never been in any of the states before,they just sit in their armchair and spew the usual myopic rantings without looking at facts.
Zebra
Ordinarily,I would not ve bothered answering U coz U re more interested in punching holes in ppl's posts to back up Ur point but I will give U the benefits of the doubts to prove me wrong by giving me strong arguements .U ve not given any good reason why PH international airport and Enugu international airport can not exist side by side.This boils down to my earlier arguement,"fear of Competition"
And Yes you are correct,I am interested in seeing an international airport in igboland,that is not asking for too much.If U have nothing else to say besides punching holes to butress Ur Myopic stance then U ve no basis for Ur stance.
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by jona2: 9:07pm On Dec 04, 2009
;d
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by ezeagu(m): 9:18pm On Dec 04, 2009
[size=18pt]Stating that the contractor has within one year to complete the expansion work, which would also involve expanding the width of the runway to 60 meters, the Minister said that in the next one year, Enugu airport would have become a brand new airport with new runways.[/size]

grin
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by sjeezy8: 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2009
rhymz:

Thank U very much My brother.These Guyz are so hell bent on making sure they discredit whatever is due to SE.I realy hate to take the tribal rout anytime I argue with ppl,Let's talk with facts and the realities on ground.Most of the ppl arguing against anything igbo have probably never been in any of the states before,they just sit in their armchair and spew the usual myopic rantings without looking at facts.
Zebra
Ordinarily,I would not ve bothered answering U coz U re more interested in punching holes in ppl's posts to back up your point but I will give U the benefits of the doubts to prove me wrong by giving me strong arguements .U ve not given any good reason why PH international airport and Enugu international airport can not exist side by side.This boils down to my earlier arguement,"fear of Competition"
And Yes you are correct,I am interested in seeing an international airport in igboland,that is not asking for too much.If U have nothing else to say besides punching holes to butress your Myopic stance then U ve no basis for your stance.

lol if you dont like it start another civil war please grin
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by ezeagu(m): 9:22pm On Dec 04, 2009
sjeezy8:

lol if you dont like it start another civil war please grin

What an unfortunate being.
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by sjeezy8: 9:24pm On Dec 04, 2009
ezeagu:

What an unfortunate being.

lol i feel sorry for you lmfao, If you dont like your position in Nigeria start another civil war please ohhhh. grin
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by ezeagu(m): 9:29pm On Dec 04, 2009
sjeezy8:

lol i feel sorry for you lmfao, If you dont like your position in Nigeria start another civil war please ohhhh.  grin

As long as you won't call your British master this time.  grin
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by sjeezy8: 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2009
Lol no british master is needed the north gains more and more military men by the day, they can finish you small boys.
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 04, 2009
Another civil war ke, I doubt if the igbos will ever think of fighting nigeria, lol
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by Onlytruth(m): 10:52pm On Dec 04, 2009
sjeezy8:

Lol no british master is needed the north gains more and more military men by the day, they can finish you small boys.

Igbo people say that when men finish fighting a war, women come out to boast and claim victory! grin
Since when did you become a northerner
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by ezeagu(m): 11:45pm On Dec 04, 2009
Onlytruth:

Igbo people say that when men finish fighting a war, women come out to boast and claim victory! grin

Some people are happy being touts.
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:55am On Dec 05, 2009
@ sjeezy
what about all the threads that are opened about other things?
why in every thread that involves anything to do with the east, you are ALL over it, talking trash like usual.
too fuking obsessed!
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:57am On Dec 05, 2009
sjeezy8:

lol i feel sorry for you lmfao, If you dont like your position in Nigeria start another civil war please ohhhh. grin

sjeezy8:

things like this show me that he is really delusional.
he LOVES LOVES LOVES to put his nose in the east's business. there is nothing wrong with that, but when you always come to talk trash, THAT REALLY SAYS SOMETHING.
and on top of all of that, he mocks things like the Civil War that was very much real.
who laughs about people losing their lives? who laughs about a bloodbath? who seriously laughs and pokes fun at things like this?
what is he planning? is he hoping the igbos get crushed so he can then laugh and say something like "i told you so lol grin"
BURN, BURN!
tribalist dog, go fetch!
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by sjeezy8: 2:10am On Dec 05, 2009
lmfao i busted out laughing when i saw that
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by Dede1(m): 2:11am On Dec 05, 2009
ndu_chucks:

if federal government upgrade enugu airport as planned, and people fit fly to enugu from lagos instead of disgracefully travelling for 24hours to enugu, that should be looked at as a step forward. ko kwa?

At least, you seemed capable of reading but comprehending is another task. There is no doubt that I made my intentions clear in my previous post about hatings in flying to Lagos or Abuja on my trips to Nigeria. My intention is to either fly to Enugu, Owerri, Uyo or Port Harcourt. I do not fly into Wash. DC, Philadelphia or New York in order to reach my final destination on my trip back to North America.
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:13am On Dec 05, 2009
sjeezy8:

lmfao i busted out laughing when i saw that

and im not surprised.
typical stupid ass sjeezy.
always in threads that involve the east. but yet "they dont mean shit" blah blah blah
obviously they do if you have the time to talk trash on every thread.
you never like to see anything good happening over here. anytime its a thread that is something bad, you are the first one up in it running your mouth like hot diarrhea.
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by sjeezy8: 2:31am On Dec 05, 2009
Onlytruth:

Lol- Im not a northerner but a westerner, Im tellin you it feels great no paranoia or ever thinking of war breaking out in the West and no marginalization.

Im telling you theres no feeling like being from the west

THE-AMAKA:

and im not surprised.
typical silly ass sjeezy.
always in threads that involve the east. but yet "they dont mean excreta" blah blah blah
obviously they do if you have the time to talk trash on every thread.
you never like to see anything good happening over here. anytime its a thread that is something bad, you are the first one up in it running your mouth like hot diarrhea.

lol kiss kiss wink
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:39am On Dec 05, 2009
(cricket sounds)
again you are laughing, and no one else.
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by Onlytruth(m): 2:43am On Dec 05, 2009
My last exprience flying into Port Harcourt convinced me that it wouldn't hurt to fly into Enugu or even Asaba if possible. If I could fly into Enugu, chances are that I, and many others, will visit Nigeria more. The mere thought of landing in Lagos or Abuja, and then driving hundreds of kilometers to the east keeps alot of Nigerians abroad. Nigeria is losing money but who cares? Igbos must be kept down by all means!
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by sjeezy8: 3:13am On Dec 05, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

(cricket sounds)
again you are laughing, and no one else.

Maybe if it was a joke or I asked you to laugh with me it would matter but I didnt and it wasnt a joke so please carry on
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:14am On Dec 05, 2009
that made no sense. tongue
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by okunoba(m): 6:15am On Dec 05, 2009
I have to say it`s a disgrace the south east doesn`t have an international airport, the Igbo leaders have to do something about that.

There is no other ethnic group in the whole of Nigeria that travels outside of the country more than the people of the south east and yet they do not have an Airport to serve their needs, to me it smells of ethnic discrimination. The Yoruba`s who travel out side of Nigeria as much as the Igbo`s, have Lagos Airport and the Hausa`s and in deed the whole north who travel outside of Nigeria the least have Abuja and Kano Airport, even the minorities from the south south that don`t travel out that much have PH Airport. Y not the Igbo`s that travel out the most? That can`t be fair. I am not sure if Enugu deserves an international Airport, but there is no doubt the South East needs one, it`s not only faire but makes economic sense.

What is the problem with the SE wanting an International Airport? We should learn to fight 4 what is right regardless of ethnicity. Lets heal the pain and build trust.
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by rhymz(m): 7:20am On Dec 05, 2009
Sjeezy
I will be the last one to discuss seriouse national issues with a dingbat like U that will be too much for Ur peanut brain.
Like I ve always told U,of all the nigerian students studying abroad,U are the lamest,U know nothing,even the simplest of ideas eludes U.There's no difference btw U and an area boy in Lagos,a good secondary school student will beat U to any debate.From your mannerism to the way U talk,everything smells of a simpleton.U make diasporan students look academically bad,imagine a so-called Law student in the States writing "bursted" I don tell U,D day U will post anything objective on NL that Sb will read and say Men! U make sense,that day I go kill turkey for U.Education is being wasted on U,U don't deserve it.U should be in the streets doing drugs U will fit better there rather than trying so hard to count amongst scholars and making a mockery of the whole thing.Just quit sch coz your brain obviously did not grow with your shoe size.
If U ve noticed,U will see that every intelligent student and contributor here ve deliberately ignored Ur postings.Even Amaka has come to Understand why I always put Ur lame ass on fire,she now sees U for who U re,A piece of shit.Am sure hitherto she had not seen U in the politics section where U spew Ur vomits all over the place because U re incapable of any seriouse intelligent debate,Ooops!! Now she knows how hollow and weak-minded U truelly are.I bet she wont spend precious time next time trying to reform an irredeemable tribalist and simpleton.
Aturu Hausa!
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by sjeezy8: 7:52am On Dec 05, 2009
rhymz:

Sjeezy
I will be the last one to discuss seriouse national issues with a dingbat like U that will be too much for your peanut brain.
Like I ve always told U,of all the nigerian students studying abroad,U are the lamest,U know nothing,even the simplest of ideas eludes U.There's no difference btw U and an area boy in Lagos,a good secondary school student will beat U to any debate.From your mannerism to the way U talk,everything smells of a simpleton.U make diasporan students look academically bad,imagine a so-called Law student in the States writing "bursted" I don tell U,D day U will post anything objective on NL that Sb will read and say Men! U make sense,that day I go kill turkey for U.Education is being wasted on U,U don't deserve it.U should be in the streets doing drugs U will fit better there rather than trying so hard to count amongst scholars and making a mockery of the whole thing.Just quit sch coz your brain obviously did not grow with your shoe size.
If U ve noticed,U will see that every intelligent student and contributor here ve deliberately ignored your postings.Even Amaka has come to Understand why I always put your lame ass on fire,she now sees U for who U re,A piece of excreta.Am sure hitherto she had not seen U in the politics section where U spew your vomits all over the place because U re incapable of any seriouse intelligent debate,Ooops!! Now she knows how hollow and weak-minded U truelly are.I bet she wont spend precious time next time trying to reform an irredeemable tribalist and simpleton.
Aturu Hausa!

lol im not a tribalist but it sure is funny seeing you type an essay grin grin
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 05, 2009
rhymz:

Sjeezy
I will be the last one to discuss seriouse national issues with a dingbat like U that will be too much for your peanut brain.
If U ve noticed,U will see that every intelligent student and contributor here ve deliberately ignored your postings.Even Amaka has come to Understand why I always put your lame ass on fire,she now sees U for who U re,A piece of excreta.Am sure hitherto she had not seen U in the politics section where U spew your vomits all over the place because U re incapable of any seriouse intelligent debate,Ooops!! Now she knows how hollow and weak-minded U truelly are.I bet she wont spend precious time next time trying to reform an irredeemable tribalist and simpleton.
Aturu Hausa!

Dont be suprise if federal chacter/quota system awards the mofo law student the seat of a senate president in a few years time. shocked
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by rhymz(m): 9:46am On Dec 05, 2009
nuzo:

Dont be suprise if federal chacter/quota system awards the mofo law student the seat of a senate president in a few years time. shocked
That has been the bane of this Cesspit called Nigeria like Dede1 will say.Mediocres like Sjeezy are usually the beneficiaries of this political Malady.
Sjeezy at best will end up a charge and bail lawyer,I seriously doubt if he has the wits and smartness for the profession this one wey dey talk like agbero and omo ota.
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by THEAMAKA3(f): 12:10pm On Dec 05, 2009
null.
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2009
Forget tribalism,survey has shown that southeast is the most neglected region by north dominated federal government.They wont allow enugu airport to international status,dredging of river niger which obasanjo promise the region,checkout the poor state of federal roads,the poor state of nigeria s first president nnamdi azikiwe home because he was not corrupt, they wont recognize imo,abia,including anam region in anambra which obasanjo called national reserve as oil producing states,and so many injustice.
Re: Fg Denies Granting Enugu Airport Int’l Status by Nobody: 5:10am On Sep 21, 2013
all this talk about passenger traffic is premature for an international airport that hasn't operated for up to one month...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos State Governorship: 2015 Christian Agenda / Audu Ogbeh's Letter To Obasanjo; Lest We Forget. / Tinubu Is Misunderstood: (true Confession) Am Beginning To Like The Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.