Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Amaechi Says Jonathan Disallowed Me From Takin Possession Of Armoured Helicopter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Says Jonathan Disallowed Me From Takin Possession Of Armoured Helicopter (338 Views)

Kenneth Okonkwo With Bola Tinubu, Amaechi, Says APC Set For The Best Convention / FG To Reintroduce Bicycle Riding In Abuja - Rotimi Amaechi Says / Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Amaechi Says Jonathan Disallowed Me From Takin Possession Of Armoured Helicopter by aondonatime14: 11:16am On Jan 30, 2017
Former Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi, now the minister of transportation, in a statement in Abuja on Sunday explained that Rivers government under him procured the armoured helicopters to fight criminals who he said were masquerading as militants, kidnappers and all other elements.

But has blamed the Former President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Nyesom Wike for the inability of the state to take possession of the two helicopters, which were seized by the Nigeria Customs Service and handed over to the Nigeria Air Force.

Wike on Saturday stated that he officially wrote to President Muhammadu Buhari, requesting that the two armoured helicopters bought by the immediate past administration in the state be given to the military.

He explained that he wrote the letter following the high custom duty charged for the helicopters and the alleged refusal of the present administration to grant the Rivers State Government the waiver to clear the choppers.

The statement reads: “With a strong political will to tackle these menace and make the State a safe place, Amaechi initiated a lot of measures to deal with the menace.

“Purchasing these helicopters was one of the measures the Amaechi administration took to curb the clandestine and criminal activities in the state.......MORE AT http://www.vintageinfo.com.ng/2017/01/30/amaechi-says-jonathan-disallowed-me-from-taking-possession-armoured-helicopters/
Re: Amaechi Says Jonathan Disallowed Me From Takin Possession Of Armoured Helicopter by Mynd44: 11:18am On Jan 30, 2017

(1)

The Root Cause Of Nigeria's Problem / Countries And Their Capitals / Nigerian Youths Shame On Us! But Why??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.