Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Berti Vogts To Take Over As Nigeria Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Berti Vogts To Take Over As Nigeria Coach (915 Views)

Micho To Take Over As Nigeria's Coach / Sunday Oliseh To Emerge As Nigeria's New Coach - BBC Sport / Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Berti Vogts To Take Over As Nigeria Coach by 4Play(m): 5:06pm On Jan 15, 2007
There were reports today out of Reuters that the former Germany Euro 96 winning coach has now been announced as Nigeria's new coach

i think this is bad news.Berti Vogts has passed his prime and his record recently has been unremarkable

We should have retained Eguaveon.The money we are using to pay his salary would been best put to use for other things

Check out the Reuters story-http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenews.aspx?type=footballNews&storyID=2007-01-15T150528Z_01.
Re: Berti Vogts To Take Over As Nigeria Coach by LoverBwoy(m): 12:09am On Jan 16, 2007
As long as he is white he'll do  grin thats what they want

They say nigerian players and admin will respect a "foreigner" more, why? i don't know
talk about being second class in your own house!

I think egauvon has only lost one game since he took over, if this guy lose four games in a row it'll be okay 

Ghana vs Nigeria feb 6th Griffin Park!
Re: Berti Vogts To Take Over As Nigeria Coach by sil(m): 1:18am On Jan 16, 2007
Will he make record in Nigeria?

Re: Berti Vogts To Take Over As Nigeria Coach by Talk2yeancah(m): 10:58am On Jan 16, 2007
Lets wait and seethe outcome of the glass house action.
Re: Berti Vogts To Take Over As Nigeria Coach by McKren(m): 1:24am On Jan 17, 2007
The NFA is hidding their lack of ideas behind the call for a foreign coach. Who knows how they will finance this one, maybe they are hoping that they can owe him between now and may then when Yaradua takes over they will get him to pay off his wages.

The NFA is not serious and I think Sani Lulu should go, the best person for the job for now is Odegbami.
Re: Berti Vogts To Take Over As Nigeria Coach by LoverBwoy(m): 1:47am On Jan 17, 2007
Apparently Globalcom will foot the bill
Re: Berti Vogts To Take Over As Nigeria Coach by waleleader(m): 10:35pm On Jan 18, 2007
Was this not the same Berti Vogts that declared that 5 african teams in the world cup is too much?

what the hell is that racist doing in Nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Martina Hingis Quits In Drugs Storm / Samuel Peters Vs Oleg Maskaev (wbc Heavyweight Belt) / This Is The Olympic Story We Never Heard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.