Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Islam: A Religion Of Peace?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam: A Religion Of Peace?? (1085 Views)

The Kaaba- Another Prove That Islam Is The Religion Of Peace / What was the traditional religion of the Hausas or fulani before Islam / Islam A Religion Of Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam: A Religion Of Peace?? by prince9851(m): 2:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
I'm not sure
But I will nid an explanation from d Muslims here

Re: Islam: A Religion Of Peace?? by Haroun13(m): 8:17pm On Feb 01, 2017
prince9851:
I'm not sure
But I will nid an explanation from d Muslims here
I could give it to you, but you have to make your intentions known. Do you want to learn, and know the truth behind all this unfounded and false attributions to the Quran, or you want to follow the trends of people without knowledge, or even of they have knowledge, lack truth. Your answer will determine my response.

Salaam
Re: Islam: A Religion Of Peace?? by prince9851(m): 8:19pm On Feb 01, 2017
Haroun13:

I could give it to you, but you have to make your intentions known, do you want to learn, and know the truth behind all this unfounded and false attributions to the Quran, or you want to criticise. Your answer will determine my response.

Salaam
I want to learn brother
It could be dat we kristans are misunderstandin somtin here
Re: Islam: A Religion Of Peace?? by Haroun13(m): 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2017
prince9851:

I want to learn brother
It could be dat we kristans are misunderstandin somtin here

You are right. There is a misunderstanding. I like the fact that you are willing to know the truth. So, I'll answer the verses one by one, whenever I'm chanced
Re: Islam: A Religion Of Peace?? by prince9851(m): 5:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
Haroun13:

You are right. There is a misunderstanding. I like the fact that you are willing to know the truth. So, I'll answer the verses one by one, whenever I'm chanced
ok
Re: Islam: A Religion Of Peace?? by Haroun13(m): 5:54pm On Feb 02, 2017
QUR'AN 2:191

Critics as usual apply ‘cut and choose’ approach with regards to this passage (Quran 2:191). They only quote, “And kill them wherever you find them…(2:191). However, when we read the passage in its context (2:190-192) it says opposite what they portray of the verse.

Quran 2:190 – 192

2:190 Fight in the way of God those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. God does not like transgressors.
2:191 And kill them wherever you find them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah [Persecution] is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.
2:192 And if they cease, then indeed, God is Forgiving and Merciful.

It’s important whenever one reads a Quranic verse, to read it in its context. As you have read, critics only quote the part which suites them, they isolate previous verses and the ones after. When the passage is examined in context, it is clear that nowhere does it sanction the killing of innocent people. From verse 2:190 to 2:192, when read, Allah makes it evident to fight those only who fight them, fighting in self-defence.

Another thing some love to do with the verse is, change the Arabic word’s meaning. Example, the Arabic word ‘Fitna’ used in 2:191, they deceptively have translated the word as ‘disbelief’. So, when it’s read in that perspective, the passage is implying to fight to those who are disbelievers, just because of their religion. This again when we examine it, it will turn out to be a lie. The Arabic word ‘Fitnah’ means ‘persecution’, ‘corruption’, ‘sedition’. But when the word ‘Fitnah’ is used in verse 2:191, it means ‘persecution’.

Non-Muslim Translation

Arthur John Arberry

2:191 And slay them wherever you come upon them, and expel them from where they expelled you; persecution is more grievous than slaying. But fight them not by the Holy Mosque until they should fight you there; then, if they fight you, slay them — such is the recompense of unbelievers.
it means ‘persecution’.

So, I hope that is clear. In shaa Allah, when I'm free, I'll correct the others.

Salaam.
Re: Islam: A Religion Of Peace?? by prince9851(m): 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2017
Haroun13:
QUR'AN 2:191

Critics as usual apply ‘cut and choose’ approach with regards to this passage (Quran 2:191). They only quote, “And kill them wherever you find them…(2:191). However, when we read the passage in its context (2:190-192) it says opposite what they portray of the verse.

Quran 2:190 – 192

2:190 Fight in the way of God those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. God does not like transgressors.
2:191 And kill them wherever you find them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah [Persecution] is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.
2:192 And if they cease, then indeed, God is Forgiving and Merciful.

It’s important whenever one reads a Quranic verse, to read it in its context. As you have read, critics only quote the part which suites them, they isolate previous verses and the ones after. When the passage is examined in context, it is clear that nowhere does it sanction the killing of innocent people. From verse 2:190 to 2:192, when read, Allah makes it evident to fight those only who fight them, fighting in self-defence.

Another thing some love to do with the verse is, change the Arabic word’s meaning. Example, the Arabic word ‘Fitna’ used in 2:191, they deceptively have translated the word as ‘disbelief’. So, when it’s read in that perspective, the passage is implying to fight to those who are disbelievers, just because of their religion. This again when we examine it, it will turn out to be a lie. The Arabic word ‘Fitnah’ means ‘persecution’, ‘corruption’, ‘sedition’. But when the word ‘Fitnah’ is used in verse 2:191, it means ‘persecution’.

Non-Muslim Translation

Arthur John Arberry

2:191 And slay them wherever you come upon them, and expel them from where they expelled you; persecution is more grievous than slaying. But fight them not by the Holy Mosque until they should fight you there; then, if they fight you, slay them — such is the recompense of unbelievers.
it means ‘persecution’.

So, I hope that is clear. In shaa Allah, when I'm free, I'll correct the others.

Salaam.

Hmn
Clearly Understood
But do 3.85 next
Re: Islam: A Religion Of Peace?? by Haroun13(m): 12:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
QUR'AN 3:85

This is even simpler to understand. Here's the translation of Qur'an 3:85
"And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.” Quran 3:85

Will your parents or Family accept any other religion for you other than the one you are following?

Before explaining any further I want to ask you will your parents accept any other religion for you other than what you already are following? If they cannot accept then what is wrong if the God in Quran says the same?

The verse immediately preceding 3:85 builds bridges between Jews, Christians and Muslims like no other religion-

To know the context and meaning of verse 3:85, please read the verses BEFORE and AFTER it.

(3:82) Then whosoever shall turn away from this covenant they are the transgressors.

(3:83) Do they now seek a religion other than prescribed by Allah even though all that is in the heavens and the earth is in submission to Him – willing or unwillingly – and to Him all shall return?

(3:84) Say: We believe in Allah and what was revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and to Issac and Jacob and his descendants, and the teachings which Allah gave to Moses and Jesus and to other Prophets. We make no distinction between any of them and to Him do we submit.

(3:85) And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.

The subject starts with Allah saying Why do you reject the signs of Allah even though you yourselves witness them? By “Allah” you should know that I am not talking about a specific god with specific power. He is the God of everything according to the Quran. If you are a believer in One supreme God, then it is this God I am talking about.

Say (to all people): “Call upon Allah, or call upon the Most Gracious: by whatever name ye call upon Him, [it is well]: for to Him belong the Most Beautiful Names.” Quran 17:110

“The most beautiful names belong to Allah: so call on him by them; but shun such men as use profanity in his names.” Quran 7:180

In the next verse i.e. 3:83 Allah i.e. God describes the basic principle characterizing the universe, Allah says, “Do they now seek a religion other than prescribed by Allah i.e. God even though all that is in the heavens and the earth is in submission?” in so far as the universe is in a state of total obedience and service to the Will of God, we say that it is in a state of Islam, the word “Islam” meaning “Submitting to the will of God in Peace”. Here people are asked if they would follow a way of life different from Islam though they are part of the universe which is characterized by submission to God (Islam).

Then in the next verse i.e. 3:84 the Muslims are told that it is not the habit of Muslims to selectively believe in few Prophets and reject others based on their whims. It is the Command of Allah to us to bear witness to the truth of every Messenger of God. By name the Quran takes the name of 6 Prophets in this verse – Abraham, Ishmael, Issaac, Jacob, Moses and Jesus, peace be on all of them, in this single verse. In this ONE verse the Quran builds a bridge of peace between 1.5 billion Muslims and 2 billion Christians and Jews of the world. Every Muslim has the utmost respect and reverence to the religious figures of these two major religions and does not require any Christian or Jew to tell it to him. These are verses of peace.

To my Christian and Brethren, If you are not satisfied then produce a verse from your scriptures in parallel to this which asks people to respect religious figures of Muslims when the Muslims have produced this regarding your figures!

Allah says that all prophets have been sent with same religion i.e. “Submission to him” which in Arabic is called as “Islam”. Hence he says what he says in 3:85 i.e. “And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.”

There is no Compulsion in Religion according to the Quran –

“There shall be no compulsion in the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in false deities and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.” Quran 2:256

Allah says in the Quran that you are free to choose whatever you like as long as you are alive in this world. But once you die then you have no control over the flow of events that happen to you after your death unless you believe in the silly notion that you cease to exist after your death!

Once you die, your Creator is free to judge you in whichever way he feels fits. In the Quran he gives us valuable information about what to expect after death. And one of the things that you can expect is what verse 3:85 says, i.e

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.” Quran 3:85

Dear brother, I urge you to look at these words and reflect, “and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers”. The hereafter is very real. If you are a believer in God and believe that he has created the earth and everything in it, then you should not have any problem in believing that God can create a place much better than this called “Heaven” for the good doers. Similarly you should have no problem in believing that he can create a place much worse than this called “Hell” for the wrong doers. Allah says

“What is the life of this world but amusement and play? but verily the Home in the Hereafter,- that is life indeed, if they but knew.” Quran 29:64

In our impatience and ignorance we hurry to gather the good things of this world, but Allah your Creator knows the truth and he says:

“…You desire the good of this world, but Allah desires (for you) the Hereafter. And Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.” Quran 8:67

I hope this is clear. Please, tell me the next verse you wish, to be addressed, and In shaa Allah (If Allah wills), I'll address them, when I'm chanced.

Salaam.
Re: Islam: A Religion Of Peace?? by alBHAGDADI: 10:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
@prince9851 Which would you rather follow, islam that says fight anyone that persecutes you, or Christianity that says forgive and pray for those that persecute you?

Mathew 5:38-48

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.’
39 “But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 “If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also.
41 “Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two.
42 “Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU
SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.’
44 “But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
46 “For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 “If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?
48 “Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

(1) (Reply)

Rccg House Fellowship Manual, Sunday, 2nd July 2017 / The Worst Demonic And Religious Cult In The world Is Roman Catholic church / China Declared Islam A Contagious Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.