Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

‘rap Is Dead’ In Nigeria – Terry Tha Rapman Supports Yung6ix - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘rap Is Dead’ In Nigeria – Terry Tha Rapman Supports Yung6ix (1291 Views)

Koffi Tha Guru & Wife, Ayoka Okin Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary / Terry G Shares Account Balance, Says He Is Feeling Broke / "Terry Tha Rapman Was Sleeping With Sarah Ofili Behind My Back" - Ikechukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘rap Is Dead’ In Nigeria – Terry Tha Rapman Supports Yung6ix by lagosmp3(m): 3:26pm On Jan 30, 2017
Source: http://lagosmp3.com/2017/01/30/rap-dead-nigeria-terry-tha-rapman-supports-yung6ix/

Earlier today, rapper Yung6ix expressed his frustration with Nigerian rap music with a tweet that reads, ‘When I wanna listen to African rap I play Yung6ix and SA rappers wtf is going on with the Nigerian Rappers ? Wake up’.

Apparently he’s not alone in his line of thoughts. LIB reached out to other Nigerian rappers to comment on the issue and our first response came from a veteran in the industry, Terry Tha Rapman who says,

‘I kinda get where he’s coming from. I’ve been stressing this for long,when I said ‘rap is dead ’ in Nigeria I didn’t mean nobody is rapping. I meant we (being the fans,media and promoters) stopped supporting rap music as it should be at a point’.

He continued to say, ‘Now would you blame rappers for fine tuning their style? Rappers hardly get the airplay/support as our pop counterparts so after years we started adapting. I still believe there’s hope. We are far from the days of Trybesmen, 2shotz, Ruggedman, Modenine and when MI dropped Talk About It and MI2. We need more rap concerts to promote hip-hop culture. The few ones I’ve been to were not encouraging’.

Re: ‘rap Is Dead’ In Nigeria – Terry Tha Rapman Supports Yung6ix by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2017
undecided

Uumm...
Re: ‘rap Is Dead’ In Nigeria – Terry Tha Rapman Supports Yung6ix by Abrupt: 4:06pm On Jan 30, 2017
Danjuma04:
what terry said is very true... some Nigerian rappers have lost their feel. I cannot even listen to M.I whom I used to love so much.
Those rappers still have content. Just that, the media and fans have lost interest in them.
Re: ‘rap Is Dead’ In Nigeria – Terry Tha Rapman Supports Yung6ix by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2017
Why don't u drop a rap single den.

Mr Terry d rapman. undecided

#YOLO
Re: ‘rap Is Dead’ In Nigeria – Terry Tha Rapman Supports Yung6ix by Bigajeff(m): 4:15pm On Jan 30, 2017
Death Ke??
Re: ‘rap Is Dead’ In Nigeria – Terry Tha Rapman Supports Yung6ix by Abrupt: 4:19pm On Jan 30, 2017
Not their fault, Nigerians don't listen to good music anymore. You now have to sing rubbish, form your own slang or dance before you can be heard.
Re: ‘rap Is Dead’ In Nigeria – Terry Tha Rapman Supports Yung6ix by ShawttySoFyne(f): 4:32pm On Jan 30, 2017
Just because their careers are dead doesnt mean rap is dead
Re: ‘rap Is Dead’ In Nigeria – Terry Tha Rapman Supports Yung6ix by AuthenticInfoNG(m): 5:10pm On Jan 30, 2017
Amazing!! See How An Artist Made A Portrait Of Don Jazzy Using Garri (Photos)
http://authenticinfo.com.ng/2017/01/30/amazing-see-artist-made-portrait-don-jazzy-using-garri-photos/
Re: ‘rap Is Dead’ In Nigeria – Terry Tha Rapman Supports Yung6ix by pressplay411(m): 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
ShawttySoFyne:
Just because their careers are dead doesnt mean rap is dead

You nailed it.
They didn't flow with the tide and got dropped into extinction The sound of rap music has changed all over the world but these dudes still be sounding the same.
That's why I fucs with these SA rappers, they know what time it is.
Re: ‘rap Is Dead’ In Nigeria – Terry Tha Rapman Supports Yung6ix by ShawttySoFyne(f): 10:46am On Feb 01, 2017
pressplay411:

You nailed it.
They didn't flow with the tide and got dropped into extinction The sound of rap music has changed all over the world but these dudes still be sounding the same.
That's why I fucs with these SA rappers, they know what time it is.

I know right ?
Re: ‘rap Is Dead’ In Nigeria – Terry Tha Rapman Supports Yung6ix by Brown14: 11:43am On Feb 01, 2017
The dude is right.

Even the so called rappers we have are switching lanes to singing to sell and stay relevant.

M.I is missing,vector's fire has gone out(na smoke we dey see),Jesse jagz has gone raggae,phenom is 'dead' ,Ycee is just dere who again?

Real hip hop and rap emanates from SA now!
Re: ‘rap Is Dead’ In Nigeria – Terry Tha Rapman Supports Yung6ix by Stoner069(m): 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
Danjuma04:
If Rapper can convey powerful lyrics in their songs, things will change. for now, I can only listen to yung6ix and Ycee's rap ( not DAT dey convey any message but cos of their sound)
is YCee even a rapper ..
Re: ‘rap Is Dead’ In Nigeria – Terry Tha Rapman Supports Yung6ix by jamislaw(m): 1:09pm On Feb 01, 2017
The only Rapper I know now is CLASSIQ(Arewa Mafia) and Young six.

(1) (Reply)

Davido & Daughter Imade Hangs Out As Both Have Fun Together In His Mansion (pics / #bodextheboss Slays In Snazzy Look...see Pictures Below / #bbnaija: Efe Finally Speaks On Getting Married To Marvis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.