Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,135 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:28 AM

Akwa Ibom Lady Elected As First Female Black President Of The Havard Law Review. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Akwa Ibom Lady Elected As First Female Black President Of The Havard Law Review. (620 Views)

"I'm Humbled" - Imeime Umana, First Black Woman President Of Harvard Law Review / Nigerian Girl Becomes President Of The Harvard Law Review / Imeime Umana Emerges 1st Black Woman To Serve As President Of Harvard Law Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Lady Elected As First Female Black President Of The Havard Law Review. by veragistonline(f): 6:22am On Jan 31, 2017
A young lady from Akwa Ibom State in Nigeria, named ImeIme Umana was yesterday elected as the first black woman to serve as President of the Havard Law Review.

In 2014, Umana earned a Bachelor of Arts (BA), Joint Concentration in African American Students and Government from
Harvard. In 2018, she’ll finish with her Doctor of Law (J.D.) from Harvard as well.

As an undergraduate, she focused on government and African-American studies, while working at Harvard's Hiphop Archive & Research Institute and serving as president of the university's Institute of Politics.

Umana also worked as a criminal law investigative intern for the public defender's office in Washington, D.C., an experience that, she said in 2013, opened her eyes to injustice.

The president is usually elected by the editorial board of the independent, student-run publication, which was founded in 1887. Barack Obama had also made history as the first black man elected to that post.

ImeIme Umana is now the 131st President of Havard Law Review.

Source: http://veragist..nl/2017/01/akwa-ibom-lady-elected-as-first-black.html

CC; Lalasticlala, ishlove

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Lady Elected As First Female Black President Of The Havard Law Review. by pyyxxaro: 6:25am On Jan 31, 2017
My Ex girlfriend cry

Who send me go break her heart because of Weird ND

Now seee cry
Re: Akwa Ibom Lady Elected As First Female Black President Of The Havard Law Review. by menxer: 6:28am On Jan 31, 2017
I am pleasantly surprised.
[s] when first saw the headline elsewhere I thought it was a sister from the West coast. [/s]
grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Lady Elected As First Female Black President Of The Havard Law Review. by maryjan8(f): 6:34am On Jan 31, 2017
Good

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Lady Elected As First Female Black President Of The Havard Law Review. by veragistonline(f): 6:34am On Jan 31, 2017
Lol. Ees it now like that?
pyyxxaro:
My Ex girlfriend cry

Who send me go break her heart because of Weird ND

Now seee cry
Re: Akwa Ibom Lady Elected As First Female Black President Of The Havard Law Review. by veragistonline(f): 6:34am On Jan 31, 2017
Lol. Nah, our very own Naija.

menxer:
I am pleasantly surprised.
[s] when first saw the headline elsewhere I thought it was a sister from the West coast. [/s]
grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Lady Elected As First Female Black President Of The Havard Law Review. by pyyxxaro: 6:38am On Jan 31, 2017
veragistonline:
Lol. Ees it now like that?

embarassed I tire cry
Re: Akwa Ibom Lady Elected As First Female Black President Of The Havard Law Review. by Laird(m): 10:08am On Apr 26, 2017
Seun

lalasticia

mynd44

FRONT PAGE

CFCMAN
FrankNetter
Twoods
Slimmy2005
Walspring
EgunMogaji

This News is even on CNN website; http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/28/health/harvard-law-african-american-president-trnd/index.html

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Set For Showdown With The University Of Ilorin (UNILORIN)! / . / Lautech Verification Date For Freshers Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.