Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account (6118 Views)

Patience Jonathan & Banks Trade Blame Over Funds Trapped In 10 Accounts / Mohammed Abacha Fights To Reclaim $1.3bn Oil Bloc, Sues FG, Shell, Agip / FG Begins Oil Bloc Bid Rounds In May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by dammy13(m): 6:35am On Jan 31, 2017
At the public hearing on the investigation of $22billion OPLs and Oil Mining Leases (OMLs) conducted yesterday by the Gideon Gwani-led ad hoc Committee, the Central Bank of Nigeria ( CBN ) and the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation ( OAGF) refused to take responsibility for the records.

The CBN was given a seven-day ultimatum to provide documents to ascertain whether the payment of application fees, royalties, signature bonuses and other fees were actually made by oil frms.

Also, the committee resolved that the former Group Managing Director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Funsho Kupolokun, should appear before it over the ceding of marginal fields to oil and gas operators.

The committee began investigation into the award of all OPLs and OMLs by the Federal Government to ascertain whether due process and guidelines for the acquisition of oil and gas assets were complied with.

In his opening remarks, Gwani said: “The meeting by the committee with relevant agencies would enable the commitee trace the accounts where fees have been lodged, how much have been paid and by whom, what company has paid and who has not , if such payment have actually been received by the government or not, as well as the balance if any.”

According to a member of the Commitee, Diri Douye, contradictory documents from the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) and OAGF were a source of concern to the committee
He said while DPR claimed that ConOil (OPL 257) has paid $100million, the AGF claimed in its submission that the same money was missing.

“There are several contradictions contained in the document submitted to us by DPR and AGF and we must get to the root of this matter; that is why we have asked the CBN to provide us with the statement of accounts of the DPR so we can be sure we got the right document from the DPR,”he said.

CBN was also queried over its decline in providing the statement of account of monies paid into the DPR account since 2002.

In his response, CBN’s Deputy Governor, Bayo Adelabu said discussions have been going on with JP Morgan to provide the statement needed.

He said: “According to J.P Morgan Policy, any information on a particular account exceeding seven years is achieved and we are talking of information from 2002 which was done manually so getting these information is not easy.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/01/cbn-agf-trade-blame-over-oil-bloc.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

1 Like

Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by veekid(m): 7:47am On Jan 31, 2017
Buhari sef
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by Kondomatic(m): 7:48am On Jan 31, 2017
Just wondering what APC will tell Nigerians during 2019 election campaign?

*somewhere in Rondon*
Man: Do you travel out regularly or occasionally?

Buhari: Occasionally but the occasions come regularly grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:49am On Jan 31, 2017
R
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by obembet(f): 7:49am On Jan 31, 2017
K
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by obembet(f): 7:50am On Jan 31, 2017
Waiting do Buhari en?

See,leave Buhari alone on this Mata oo

And Any Nigerian that is wishing my president dead, it is the President of their country that will die. _bad people_

veekid:
Buhari sef
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by jejemanito: 7:50am On Jan 31, 2017
undecided
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by holysina(m): 7:52am On Jan 31, 2017
I don't know why it's so difficult for most Nigerian public office holders and institutions to ever admit for been wrong or take blames. When something goes Wright they all wants to take credit for it but when reverse is the case they all say it's not me. Na waooo for my dear country
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by joncom(m): 7:52am On Jan 31, 2017
Blame games
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by Bossontop(m): 7:52am On Jan 31, 2017
Watching hw tins will unfold....

Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by mayoor15(m): 7:53am On Jan 31, 2017
obembet:
Waiting do Buhari en?

And Any Nigerian that is wishing my president dead, it is the President of their country that will die. _bad people_

Ask him for us o
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by veekid(m): 7:53am On Jan 31, 2017
obembet:
Waiting do Buhari en?

Amen Amen
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by habex005(m): 7:54am On Jan 31, 2017
Trade blame
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by hucienda: 7:54am On Jan 31, 2017
lucrative deals yo!
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by 1Rebel: 7:57am On Jan 31, 2017
That's all this administration has been doing since they came into power. Trade blames.

3 Likes

Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 31, 2017
A house divided against itself, a confused government.
Meanwhile, the zombies that helped install this charade of a government have switched their busy body to attacking Trump. Like he even gives a fvck if they exist.
Charlatans, all of them

1 Like

Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by Joshjings(f): 8:02am On Jan 31, 2017
I have always said this administration is not holy as they are claiming

1 Like

Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by Ekpekus(m): 8:04am On Jan 31, 2017
Corruption in high places... The masses are pawns in the board of the elites' game

1 Like

Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by Luukasz(m): 8:05am On Jan 31, 2017
Issues keep draggn and draggn on it seems the APC led administration will never achieve anytin till the end of time. Believing in APC and buhari was a false hope.
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by yungeez(m): 8:06am On Jan 31, 2017
dem say money nor dey, money nor dey...yet dem dey c d one wen dey loss... Nah wa 4 9ja ooo....all the loot wen dey don recover we nor dey c dem...anyway we r living in a #CASHLESS society

1 Like

Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by eph12(m): 8:06am On Jan 31, 2017
holysina:
I don't know why it's so difficult for most Nigerian public office holders and institutions to ever admit for been wrong or take blames. When something goes Wright they all wants to take credit for it but when reverse is the case they all say it's not me. Na waooo for my dear country
Maybe jobs are at stake. And most times institutions, team leads and heads cover up wrong actions or moves to protect the integrity of their institution or department. They can't be made to look like fools in public.

1 Like

Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 31, 2017
Kasala everywhere

The human factor has always been the problem when it comes to irregularities such as this.
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:09am On Jan 31, 2017
lipsrsealed where is our money ooh, all this story Ayam not understanding ooh. This people want to bury us oooh cry
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 31, 2017
obembet:
Waiting do Buhari en?

Ha!ha!ha!ha!

See comment oooo.

You are wicked. Subtly wicked.
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by shaddoww: 8:15am On Jan 31, 2017
Can this country be great again?
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by Thisis2raw(m): 8:15am On Jan 31, 2017
Things keep falling apart in Nigeria
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by mr1759: 8:24am On Jan 31, 2017
am waiting for FG to start talking about cattle ranch or cattle block
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by Ijaya123: 9:00am On Jan 31, 2017
veekid:
Buhari sef

A small question for you, are you usually this daft?
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by Ijaya123: 9:02am On Jan 31, 2017
obembet:
Waiting do Buhari en?

And Any Nigerian that is wishing my president dead, it is the Person that will die. _bad people_
Re: CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account by freeze001(f): 10:45am On Jan 31, 2017
They have learnt from the best blame trader...mr daftus and his APC crew. They cannot do better than their master.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo Heads To Berlin, To Address German Business Community On Monday / Abducted Zamfara Pupils Regain Freedom / Re: E-x-p-o-s-e-d!!! Buhari (did Not) Lie(d).................picture -koboko69

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.