Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,640 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:46 AM

We Will Resist Any Attempt To Increase Fuel Price -NUPENG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Resist Any Attempt To Increase Fuel Price -NUPENG (387 Views)

We Will Resist Plan To Oust Buhari Over Ill-Health - Arewa Youths Threaten / We Will Resist Any Coup- Tinubu / Supreme Court Ruling: ”we Will Resist Ayade’s Removal” – Cross River Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Resist Any Attempt To Increase Fuel Price -NUPENG by keenlyminded: 7:24am On Jan 31, 2017
The President of the National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas workers, Mr. Igwe Achese, has said his union will resist any attempt to increase the PMS price, Punch reports.

Igwe Achese, NUPENG President
Igwe Achese, NUPENG President on a TV interview with Channels
The union leader said this yesterday (Monday 30th Jan) during a TV interview, the FG is currently owing them billions of Naira which had upset the union' fuel importation stretch, whereas NNPC now imports more than 90 per cent of the product.

Achese said, “That debt (the billions of naira owed the oil marketers by the Federal Government) shouldn’t be the basis for talking about increasing the prices of petroleum products. If marketers are owed by the government, I believe they have a right to demand for the debt and the government also has a responsibility to pay these marketers.

“But my basic concern here is that must we continue to talk about increasing the price of fuel? The economic situation is biting in the sense that things are hard; economically we cannot move forward and yet somebody wants to wake up one morning and say the only option they want to apply is to talk about increasing fuel price, because you are being owed or because you want to make profits.”

More: http://informant.ng/news/will-resist-attempt-increase-fuel-price-nupeng/31/
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Increase Fuel Price -NUPENG by engrMikemd(m): 7:33am On Jan 31, 2017
I blame Buhari
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Increase Fuel Price -NUPENG by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 31, 2017
kk
Re: We Will Resist Any Attempt To Increase Fuel Price -NUPENG by OLADD: 8:30am On Jan 31, 2017
Trouble left, right and center (in fact from all cardinal points) just for one man. I beg make una leave Buhari alone na.

(1) (Reply)

25TH BIRTHDAY: Gov Okowa's Aide Ossai Ovie Pays Bail Of Ogwashi-uku Inmates, Rel / Nigeria A Big Joke By Zieraw / Osinbajo Chairs Public Consultative Forum On Nigeria Economy Recovery & Growth(p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.