Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,053 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:23 PM

WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? (3699 Views)

Stop Consuming Non Iodine Salt, NAFDAC Urges Nigerians / "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns / I Was Blackmailed For Allegedly Putting Ucth Funds In Mmm— Prof. Agan, Cmd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by oaroloye(m): 11:22am On Jan 31, 2017
I ran out of Salt- which was a feat in itself, because have been on a reduced-salt diet for the past few months.

I had two bought two bags of an unfamiliar brand, in order to make change at the market.

Before using any of it, I thought to check the (stated) ingredients. Just being careful- but not really expecting to find anything.

But I found something.

Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by peteregwu(m): 11:27am On Jan 31, 2017
Na you buy am then figure it out yourself, am out of here.
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by MistadeRegal(m): 11:35am On Jan 31, 2017
Are you a man or woman?
How familiar are you to kitchen stuff?
I've been seeing those on salt packs.
But I hardly cook.
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 31, 2017
oaroloye:
I ran out of Salt- which was a feat in itself, because have been on a reduced-salt diet for the past few months.

I had two bought two bags of an unfamiliar brand, in order to make change at the market.

Before using any of it, I thought to check the (stated) ingredients. Just being careful- but not really expecting to find anything.

But I found something.
be careful what u post online, this could put u into legal trouble. U posted dangote salt and any negative impression u create about the brand may tarnish the company's name/product. if u feel u want to pass a message at best u could cover up the brand name except u are ready for some legal battle.
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by subtlemee(f): 6:30pm On Jan 31, 2017
Explain to us na,not all of us are familiar with chemicals,conpounds and properties.. grin
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by oaroloye(m): 7:25am On Feb 01, 2017
ethene:

be careful what u post online, this could put u into legal trouble. U posted dangote salt and any negative impression u create about the brand may tarnish the company's name/product. if u feel u want to pass a message at best u could cover up the brand name except u are ready for some legal battle.

I am quite aware of legal implications.

All I did was ask a question.

We are still allowed to for that, in this country, yes?

3 Likes

Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by oaroloye(m): 8:22am On Feb 01, 2017
subtlemee:
Explain to us na,not all of us are familiar with chemicals,conpounds and properties.. grin

Neither are you expected to be- but very many Nigerians of Internet Contributor-age are taught Science in school- or, should I say, they are taught Scientific Facts- mostly completely unrelated to their later success in life.

What I mean to say is that most Nigerian Science students have substantially wasted their sponsors' money, and not really bothered to understand what they have been taught in School, merely satisfied to answer pre-set questions in exams- like a monkey in a lab, putting square pegs into square holes, and round pegs into round holes, to get a banana reward. (Have you, or any other Nairalander, even heard of such an experiment?)

The Monkeys cannot understand the purposes of such experiments- nor do Nigerians in general understand the purpose of Western Education.

There should have been scores into hundreds of Nairalanders commenting on my discovery by now.

We were taught in my day, that Common Salt is SODIUM CHLORIDE: formula NaCl.

This is important in the Human body- it is necessary to maintain Osmotic pressure, for one thing.

IODINE, formula I, is a Halogen, in the same class as Chlorine, but lower down in the Periodic Table.

It is important in the body, in maintaining THYROID functions- lack of it causes the Thyroid gland to swell up, a terrible neck ailment called GOITRE. The food in markets is sometimes deficient in Iodine- so the Oyinbos got the bright idea of adding Iodine to Salt, so that everyone would get a dose- whether they wanted one or not.

However, Salt in its natural form is notorious for clumping together.

When I grew up in England, the most popular Table Salt seemed to be a brand called "SAXA."

I remember reading units label: "To ensure the smooth-running qualities of this product, a small amount of Magnesium Chloride (or was that Sulphate? I'm thinking it was Magnesium Sulphate- maybe both,) has been added. I just checked on Google, and it appears that this has been replaced by something called "SODIUM HEXACYANOFERRATE II."

I have not kept up with Chemistry nomenclature, and do not know this formula off-head- Google our friend, to the rescue!

It is Na4Fe(CN)6.

They used to call that "SODIUM FERROCYANIDE."

Before that, it was called "YELLOW PRUSSIATE OF SODA."

I'm sure that that means nothing to most readers today- PRUSSIC ACID is a very important chemical- its modern name is HYDOGEN CYANIDE: formula HCN.

Is all this ringing any bells?

Oyinbo has come up with a process to put CYANIDES in our diet- and no one is alarmed?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by oaroloye(m): 8:24am On Feb 01, 2017
peteregwu:
Na you buy am then figure it out yourself, am out of here.

This rude response nonetheless sums up the attitude of manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers in general.
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by subtlemee(f): 9:50am On Feb 01, 2017
oaroloye:

Neither are you expected to be- but very many Nigerians of Internet Contributor-age are taught Science in school- or, should I say, they are taught Scientific Facts- mostly completely unrelated to their later success in life.

What I mean to say is that most Nigerian Science students have substantially wasted their sponsors' money, and not really bothered to understand what they have been taught in School, merely satisfied to answer pre-set questions in exams- like a monkey in a lab, putting square pegs into square holes, and round pegs into round holes, to get a banana reward. (Have you, or any other Nairalander, even heard of such an experiment?)

The Monkeys cannot understand the purposes of such experiments- nor do Nigerians in general understand the purpose of Western Education.

There should have been scores into hundreds of Nairalanders commenting on my discovery by now.

We were taught in my day, that Common Salt is SODIUM CHLORIDE: formula NaCl.

This is important in the Human body- it is necessary to maintain Osmotic pressure, for one thing.

IODINE, formula I, is a Halogen, in the same class as Chlorine, but lower down in the Periodic Table.

It is important in the body, in maintaining THYROID functions- lack of it causes the Thyroid gland to swell up, a terrible neck ailment called GOITRE. The food in markets is sometimes deficient in Iodine- so the Oyinbos got the bright idea of adding Iodine to Salt, so that everyone would get a dose- whether they wanted one or not.

However, Salt in its natural form is notorious for clumping together.

When I grew up in England, the most popular Table Salt seemed to be a brand called "SAXA."

I remember reading units label: "To ensure the smooth-running qualities of this product, a small amount of Magnesium Chloride (or was that Sulphate? I'm thinking it was Magnesium Sulphate- maybe both,) has been added. I just checked on Google, and it appears that this has been replaced by something called "SODIUM HEXACYANOFERRATE II."

I have not kept up with Chemistry nomenclature, and do not know this formula off-head- Google our friend, to the rescue!

It is Na4Fe(CN)6.

They used to call that "SODIUM FERROCYANIDE."

Before that, it was called "YELLOW PRUSSIATE OF SODA."

I'm sure that that means nothing to most readers today- PRUSSIC ACID is a very important chemical- its modern name is HYDOGEN CYANIDE: formula HCN.

Is all this ringing any bells?

Oyinbo has come up with a process to put CYANIDES in our diet- and no one is alarmed?

Thanks for this,it has really awakened my awareness,with my little knowledge of chemistry I know salt is sodium chloride and I also know cyanide is a chemical compound could be toxic when one is exposed to a number form of it,its just that initially you didn't point out what you saw,there are so many inscriptions on the back pack of the salt so we all got confused...

BTW that shouldn't make you spite Nigerians and it's educational system simply because you had the opportunity to study abroad, we still do have good professionals who do not have the time to come to nairaland to figure out what you saw

4 Likes

Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by oaroloye(m): 7:05pm On Feb 01, 2017
subtlemee:

Thanks for this,it has really awakened my awareness,

That is the goal of most of all my posts.

with my little knowledge of chemistry I know salt is sodium chloride

One does not have to be a student of Chemistry to know that.

Any more than one needs to be a Science student to know that Water is H2O, the components of Air are Nitrogen and Oxygen, and that we need Oxygen, O2, to breathe, and exhale Carbon Dioxide, symbolized as CO2.

If you are literate, you should know something as basic as that, even if it is not something you use in your daily life and chosen profession.

and I also know cyanide is a chemical compound could be toxic when one is exposed to a number form of it,

Here is where you depart from the English Language like a car leaving the road.

Where did you learn to write like that? Don't you check what you write for Grammar and Spelling errors- or could you not be bothered?

its just that initially you didn't point out what you saw,

I did not point out the obvious, in order to give readers the opportunity to exercise their comprehensive abilities.

If they had any- which it seems no one did.

there are so many inscriptions on the back pack of the salt so we all got confused...

"SO MANY INSCRIPTIONS!"

Really? How many?

Count them for us!

"EVERYONE" was confused?

How did you determine that? When were you in communication with "everyone," and they all told you that they were "confused?"

I strongly doubt that you were in contact with everyone who had viewed my post, and that they all told you that they were "confused."

The title of the post is: "WHAT ARE THEY PUTTING IN OUR SALT, NOW?"

This should tell anyone with a fully-functional, 10% accessible brain that THE SUBJECT IS THE INGREDIENTS OF SALT- which inscription I carefully zoomed in on, showing that it was the only one that was important.

BTW

What the Hell is that supposed to mean?

"BY-THE-WAY?"

Who taught you to write like that?

Is it too much trouble to write out the words?

This is a serious breach of etiquette that signifies disrespect, unseriousness, and a limited ability to think coherently and express thoughts rationally. You do not hear these terms in people's speech, you do not read them in textbooks nor newspapers. You were not taught like that in school. So how can you be writing in public like this?

Less than 40% of students scored Credit in the WASCE English and Mathematics Exams last year. What do you think was responsible for that?

How can you know correct English, and never use it?

Will you use such abbreviations in your JOB APPLICATIONS. BUSINESS LETTERS, and then complain that you could not get a job?

BTW that shouldn't make you spite Nigerians and it's educational system

The system is sabotaged from within.

It is run by traitors and fools.

simply because you had the opportunity to study abroad,[quote]

Is that what you think I did?

I only finished my Primary School Education in England.

[quote]we still do have good professionals who do not have the time to come to nairaland to figure out what you saw

It is the height of ignorance to think that one has to be a professional scientist to understand the significsnce of what is written in the list of ingredients of products alleged to be safe for Human consumption, and evaluate whether that is true or not.

If that is the case, what would be the point of printing them for all to see?

The consumer is informed, with the expectation that they understand what they are consuming.

The companies do not want us to know what is in their products- they are forced to do so, under threat of penalty.

2 Likes

Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by subtlemee(f): 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2017
oaroloye:

That is the goal of most of all my posts.

One does not have to be a student of Chemistry to know that.

Any more than one needs to be a Science student to know that Water is H2O, the components of Air are
Nitrogen and Oxygen, and that we need Oxygen, O2, to breathe, and exhale Carbon Dioxide, symbolized as CO2.

If you are literate, you should know something as basic as that, even if it is not something you use in your daily life and chosen profession.

Here is where you depart from the English Language like a car leaving the road.

Where did you learn to write like that? Don't you check what you write for Grammar and Spelling errors- or could you not be bothered?

I did not point out the obvious, in order to give readers the opportunity to exercise their comprehensive abilities.

If they had any- which it seems no one did.

"SO MANY INSCRIPTIONS!"

Really? How many?

Count them for us!

"EVERYONE" was confused?

Hoiw died you determined that? When were you in communication with "everyone," and they all told you that they were "confused?"

I strongly doubt that you were in contact with everyone who had viewed my post, and that they all told you that they were "confused."

The title of the post is: "WHAT ARE THEY PUTTING IN OUR SALT, NOW?"

This should tell anyone with a fully-functional, 10% accessible brain that THE SUBJECT IS THE INGREDIENTS OF SALT- which inscription I carefully zoomed in on, showing that it was the only one that was important.

What the Hell is that supposed to mean?

"BY-THE-WAY?"

Who taught you to write like that?

Is it too much trouble to write out the words?

This is a serious breach of etiquette that signifies disrespect, unseriousness, and a limited ability to think coherently and express thoughts rationally. You do not hear these terms in people's speech, you do not read them in textbooks nor newspapers. You were not taught like that in school. So how can you be writing in public like this?

Less than 40% of students scored Credit in the WASCE English and Mathematics Exams last year. What do you think was responsible for that?

How can you know correct English, and never use it?

Will you use such abbreviations in your JOB APPLICATIONS. BUSINESS LETTERS, and then complain that you could not get a job?

The system is sabotaged from within.

It is run by traitors and fools.

I now know your personality trait...when one gives out false bravado that he's better and more knowledgeable than others there's a complex underneath,go on and dissect this one too to gain gratification,I'm glad to be of help to your psychology

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 01, 2017
Abeg, take am easy oaroloye

Your explanations are noted.

Eshey
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by oaroloye(m): 10:21pm On Feb 03, 2017
subtlemee:

I now know your personality trait...when one gives out false bravado that he's better and more knowledgeable than others there's a complex underneath,go on and dissect this one too to gain gratification,I'm glad to be of help to your psychology

If anything I have said is incorrect, show us.

You cannot, can you- because you are just too arrogant to be corrected.

Are you not the one to declare your ignorance?

Are you not the one so insecure, that you have to project your perception that you are inferior to me, because of what you don't know?

What is important is that people are not only being force-fed Chemicals of no positive health benefits, but that this is being fine openly, with the assurance that those educated under our sabotaged system will not understand what is being done to them.

To leave that clear and present danger, and attack a man's personality, for warning the you, is called "Shooting the iWatchman," and should be considered the very height of insanity, in my opinion.

It is, however, consistent with profiting from the situation somehow.

The Oyinbos are known to employ "Gatekeeper Shills," to troll forums and obstruct truths they want hidden from reaching the public.

1 Like

Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by oaroloye(m): 5:05am On Feb 06, 2017
Here is a packet of another popular brand of "Table Salt," showing the ingredients they want us to know are being fed to us...

Why is there no word from "Advanced" Science Students and "Professionals" on here?

Can it be, that when you have read enough books, the plight of your fellow citizens is insignificant? Is that how it works?

Or, are students so "dumbed-down," that they cannot recognize Chemistry in action, when it is not in an exam, or in a "spoon-fed" lab experiment?

I remember a time when our Water Works did not have access to pre-packaged CHLORINE, to purify the Tap Water they were sending to us.

The bosses said:

"Oh well- we don't have Chlorine- so lets just pump UNCHLORINATED water to them-! Let THEM worry about the consequences!"

That is to say- NONE of the Departmental Heads, all the way up to the overall boss, knew how to extract Chlorine from Common Salt (a feat I achieved in my Secondary School days, with a few dead "BEREC" Batteries, and a couple of "COKE" bottleswink nor had the intelligence to FIND OUT.

They were PREPARED to LET PEOPLE DIE of Water-borne Diseases on their watch- because they didn't know how to do their job?

There are many problems in Nigeria that are based on this principle- and I no longer believe it accidental, nor coincidental.

Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by durubrian(m): 8:03am On Feb 14, 2017
The "cyanide" used is an approved anticaking agent in table Salt. Sodium ferrocyanide has low toxicity (acceptable daily intake 0–0.025 mg/kg body weight). The ferrocyanides are less toxic than many salts of cyanide, because they tend not to release free cyanide.

(Google.com offers some free services, take advantage of that.)
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by Horlawoomey(m): 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2017
subtlemee:

Thanks for this,it has really awakened my awareness,with my little knowledge of chemistry I know salt is sodium chloride and I also know cyanide is a chemical compound could be toxic when one is exposed to a number form of it,its just that initially you didn't point out what you saw,there are so many inscriptions on the back pack of the salt so we all got confused...

BTW that shouldn't make you spite Nigerians and it's educational system simply because you had the opportunity to study abroad, we still do have good professionals who do not have the time to come to nairaland to figure out what you saw

Nothing is really new in what he wrote up there, it is something I knew from my Secondary School Chemistry class. He should have done the summary.

IODINE to prevent Goitre

The other compound to prevent lumping of the salt.
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by oaroloye(m): 4:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
SHALOM!

durubrian:
The "cyanide" used is an approved anticaking agent in table Salt. Sodium ferrocyanide has low toxicity (acceptable daily intake 0–0.025 mg/kg body weight). The ferrocyanides are less toxic than many salts of cyanide, because they tend not to release free cyanide.

(Google.com offers some free services, take advantage of that.)

WRONG!

There is a LOT more to CHEMISTRY than what you read on GOOGLE and what you were taught in School.

Out of all the substances they could have used as an "ANTI-CAKING AGENT," why do you think that they used one which contains the CYANIDE RADICAL?

What do you know about substances that break down POTASSIUM FERROCYANIDE?

Not much- even if you are an ADVANCED student of Chemistry- it is just not on the Syllabus!

In my day, we were taught in Secondary School, that there were two types of CHEMICAL BONDING: IONIC, and COVALENT.

However, it turns out that there are other forms of bonding we were not taught.

LINUS PAULING (1901-1994) got the Nobel Prize in 1954 for introducing a new type of bonding, and for helping to found QUANTUM CHEMISTRY and MOLECULAR BIOLOGY.

My point being that there are interactions between Chemicals that we don't know anything about.

"APPROVED" Household goods, including Cosmetics, Insecticides, Pesticides, Fertilizers, Fuels, Foodstuffs, Cleaning Agents, Paints, Varnishes, Beverages, and Drinking Water contain additives that may be harmless on their own- but when you ADD THEM ALL TOGETHER- how do you keep track of what reactions they have with one another?

In other words, Oyinbo can be using our bodies for his Chemistry lab for experiments, just to see what will happen to us!

FOR EXAMPLE: A CERTAIN YOUNG LADY PASSED AWAY AT THE GENERAL HOSPITAL IN ILE-IFE SEVERAL WEEKS AGO.

She was a student at OAU.

She complained of HEADACHE for a month, and was finally hospitalized, while they were still deliberating what tests they needed to run on her.

I overheard two Doctors discussing this sad case, when I noticed one of them was drinking DIET COKE.

(Actually, it was the brand called COKE ZERO- which is not what I thought it was- but still believed to be dangerous.)

I thought I should mention my own experience: In 2005, I was beset with a sudden attack of MIGRAINE HEADACHES.

Instead of taking "painkillers," I tried to find out the cause.

I realized that the one change to my diet recently was a a cheap drink mix, called EVE.

For N10, you got a satchet of powder that made TWO LITRES of delicious Orange Drink!

Its sweetener, however was a substance called ASPARTAME.

It has a rather interesting history: it should never have been approved for Human consumption at all, but a madman named DONALD RUMSFELD- who later went on to become a key player in the 9/11 TERRORIST ATTACK FALSE-FLAG HOAX of September 11th, 2001, simply CROSSED OUT THE MONSANTO TEST RESULTS that proved that Aspartame should never be fed to human beings!

By itself, Aspartame is dangerous enough, but WHEN COMBINED with a Chemical called MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, it caused LESIONS in the BRAINS of MICE. (It is presumed that anything that affects MICE will have a similar effect on Humans.)

It is claimed that there are people whom this had happened to.

There was no way to test this Scientifically in our locality- all I could do was stop taking the drink.

I did that immediately- BUT THE HEADACHES CONTINUED.

I realized that I could no longer eat anything that contained MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE (MSG).

This is the active ingredient in MAGGI, KNORR, AJI-NO-MOTO, and similar savoury flavour-enhancers.

MSG by itself has been accused of being a Health-Hazard.

For the next several months, if I swallowed anything with so much as a DROP of MSG on it, I would get a headache within about ten minutes.

It was eight months before I could eat normally-prepared food again.

That impressed on me how dangerous these substances are.

What alarmed me, was that THE DOCTORS DID NOT SEEM TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS.

What if this young lady had been drinking ASPARTAME DRINKS every day she was laid-up in the hospital?

It could have been THAT that was killing her!

Only a relatively small number of people ever experience these dramatic symptoms.

But STATISTICS don't matter, when YOUR number comes up!

Do you see my concern?

What other interactions are we not told about?

I believe young children are warned in MANGO SEASON, not to eat GARRI on top of GREEN MANGOS- which releases similarly- "SAFE" combined-CYANIDE, which could KILL them.

What would it take to release the CYANIDE in Potassium Ferrocyanide?

What other dangerous reactions could it be a CATALYST or REAGENT for?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by ElmaSpeed(f): 8:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
I think we need to be proactive when it comes to what we eat or drink.
Different bodies tend to respond differently to the exact same things. A lot of Nigerians find the idea of peanut allergies weird because it's almost unheard of here.

Rather than go back and forth about who knows more, i think we need to ask questions and find answers concerning what we consume.

Let's have mercy on our kidneys.

Thanks OP for making me more aware of this.

2 Likes

Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by durubrian(m): 1:12am On Feb 16, 2017
@oaroloye I'm not sure CHEMIST, I'm a MICROBIOLOGIST.
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by oaroloye(m): 9:35am On Feb 17, 2017
MistadeRegal:
Are you a man or woman?
How familiar are you to kitchen stuff?
I've been seeing those on salt packs.
But I hardly cook.

Our genders are placed next to our usernames.

You are a male.

I have to do all my own cooking- but, even if I didn't, I should expect to read every readable thing on every label of every item I use.

Right now, I am facing some Health Issues, and have to be careful what I consume from here on in.

That is indeed what destroyed my health to begin with.

I just hope that my complaints help save other people's lives.
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by MistadeRegal(m): 3:15pm On Feb 17, 2017
oaroloye:

Our genders are placed next to our usernames.

You are a male.

I have to do all my own cooking- but, even if I didn't, I should expect to read every readable thing on every label of every item I use.

Right now, I am facing some Health Issues, and have to be careful what I consume from here on in.

That is indeed what destroyed my health to begin with.

I just hope that my complaints help save other people's lives.

Sorry dude. Get detoxifier.
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by oaroloye(m): 6:48am On Feb 21, 2017
MistadeRegal:

Sorry dude. Get detoxifier.

Sounds like a PLAN.

I have as many as FIVE DOCTORS I see: why has none of THEM suggested ANYTHING like that?
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by MistadeRegal(m): 3:12pm On Feb 21, 2017
oaroloye:

Sounds like a PLAN.

I have as many as FIVE DOCTORS I see: why has none of THEM suggested ANYTHING like that?

Forget it dude.
See your 5 doctors.
They'll know better.
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2017
That's not sea salt which is healthier. It's manufactured in a factory.

Dangote could not go to the nearest beach and prepare salt from the ocean? undecided
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by oaroloye(m): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2017
MistadeRegal:

Forget it dude.
See your 5 doctors.
They'll know better.

"MAINSTREAM" Doctors are NOT ALLOWED to prescribe remedies that The Establishment does not control.

DETOXIFICATION is a Scientific Fact- why else is it not being used in our country, by mainstream Government Doctors?
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by Raintaker(m): 8:28pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hmm what can I say?
All these chemicals are approved by the FDA if they are less than a certain amount, if any substance contains more than the required amount of chemicals, it is reformulated.
See attached info

Cyanide is commonly thought of as a gas, but you also can be poisoned by it if you ingest wild cherry syrup, prussic acid, bitter almond oil, or large amounts of apricot pits. Cherry seeds, peach and plum pits, corn, chickpeas, cashews, and some other fruits and vegetables contain cyanogenic (i.e., cyanide-forming) glycosides (such as amygdalin) that release hydrogen cyanide when chewed or digested. As a result, some cyanide can also be found in fruit jams that contain these pit and pip extracts, such as quince. However, since the concentration of cyanide in these compounds is small, accidental cyanide poisoning from a food source is rare. But, if the correct materials are deliberately concentrated it can make an effective poison, as the Romans and Egyptians knew. They used to grind up peach kernels to make poisons.
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by Raintaker(m): 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

WRONG!

There is a LOT more to CHEMISTRY than what you read on GOOGLE and what you were taught in School.

Out of all the substances they could have used as an "ANTI-CAKING AGENT," why do you think that they used one which contains the CYANIDE RADICAL?

What do you know about substances that break down POTASSIUM FERROCYANIDE?

Not much- even if you are an ADVANCED student of Chemistry- it is just not on the Syllabus!

In my day, we were taught in Secondary School, that there were two types of CHEMICAL BONDING: IONIC, and COVALENT.

However, it turns out that there are other forms of bonding we were not taught.

LINUS PAULING (1901-1994) got the Nobel Prize in 1954 for introducing a new type of bonding, and for helping to found QUANTUM CHEMISTRY and MOLECULAR BIOLOGY.

My point being that there are interactions between Chemicals that we don't know anything about.

"APPROVED" Household goods, including Cosmetics, Insecticides, Pesticides, Fertilizers, Fuels, Foodstuffs, Cleaning Agents, Paints, Varnishes, Beverages, and Drinking Water contain additives that may be harmless on their own- but when you ADD THEM ALL TOGETHER- how do you keep track of what reactions they have with one another?

In other words, Oyinbo can be using our bodies for his Chemistry lab for experiments, just to see what will happen to us!

FOR EXAMPLE: A CERTAIN YOUNG LADY PASSED AWAY AT THE GENERAL HOSPITAL IN ILE-IFE SEVERAL WEEKS AGO.

She was a student at OAU.

She complained of HEADACHE for a month, and was finally hospitalized, while they were still deliberating what tests they needed to run on her.

I overheard two Doctors discussing this sad case, when I noticed one of them was drinking DIET COKE.

(Actually, it was the brand called COKE ZERO- which is not what I thought it was- but still believed to be dangerous.)

I thought I should mention my own experience: In 2005, I was beset with a sudden attack of MIGRAINE HEADACHES.

Instead of taking "painkillers," I tried to find out the cause.

I realized that the one change to my diet recently was a a cheap drink mix, called EVE.

For N10, you got a satchet of powder that made TWO LITRES of delicious Orange Drink!

Its sweetener, however was a substance called ASPARTAME.

It has a rather interesting history: it should never have been approved for Human consumption at all, but a madman named DONALD RUMSFELD- who later went on to become a key player in the 9/11 TERRORIST ATTACK FALSE-FLAG HOAX of September 11th, 2001, simply CROSSED OUT THE MONSANTO TEST RESULTS that proved that Aspartame should never be fed to human beings!

By itself, Aspartame is dangerous enough, but WHEN COMBINED with a Chemical called MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, it caused LESIONS in the BRAINS of MICE. (It is presumed that anything that affects MICE will have a similar effect on Humans.)

It is claimed that there are people whom this had happened to.

There was no way to test this Scientifically in our locality- all I could do was stop taking the drink.

I did that immediately- BUT THE HEADACHES CONTINUED.

I realized that I could no longer eat anything that contained MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE (MSG).

This is the active ingredient in MAGGI, KNORR, AJI-NO-MOTO, and similar savoury flavour-enhancers.

MSG by itself has been accused of being a Health-Hazard.

For the next several months, if I swallowed anything with so much as a DROP of MSG on it, I would get a headache within about ten minutes.

It was eight months before I could eat normally-prepared food again.

That impressed on me how dangerous these substances are.

What alarmed me, was that THE DOCTORS DID NOT SEEM TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS.

What if this young lady had been drinking ASPARTAME DRINKS every day she was laid-up in the hospital?

It could have been THAT that was killing her!

Only a relatively small number of people ever experience these dramatic symptoms.

But STATISTICS don't matter, when YOUR number comes up!

Do you see my concern?

What other interactions are we not told about?

I believe young children are warned in MANGO SEASON, not to eat GARRI on top of GREEN MANGOS- which releases similarly- "SAFE" combined-CYANIDE, which could KILL them.

What would it take to release the CYANIDE in Potassium Ferrocyanide?

What other dangerous reactions could it be a CATALYST or REAGENT for?
About Aspartame
European Food Safety Authority concluded in its 2013 re-evaluation that aspartame and its breakdown products are safe for human consumption at current levels of exposure,[7] corroborating other medical reviews.[8] However, because its breakdown products include phenylalanine, aspartame must be avoided by people with the genetic condition phenylketonuria (PKU).
You probably have the genetic condition mentioned above.
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by oaroloye(m): 7:17am On Feb 22, 2017
Raintaker:

About Aspartame
European Food Safety Authority concluded in its 2013 re-evaluation that aspartame and its breakdown products are safe for human consumption at current levels of exposure,[7] corroborating other medical reviews.[8] However, because its breakdown products include phenylalanine, aspartame must be avoided by people with the genetic condition phenylketonuria (PKU).
You probably have the genetic condition mentioned above.

When they tell you thast their products are "SAFE FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION," they mean that it is OKAY for "ONE IN TWENTY," "ONE-IN-TEN," "ONE-IN-FIVE," or "ONE-IN-THREE" of their Customers to come down with CANCER- which THEY THEN SAY that "NOBODY KNOWS THE CAUSE OF IT...!"

All these things are safe unless you are the "Odd-man out."

(Those games are supposed to brainwash us as kids to lie back and accept these things.)

1 Like

Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by ridge: 10:59am On Feb 24, 2017
Front page material
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by oaroloye(m): 1:36pm On Feb 25, 2017
ridge:
Front page material

Thank you.
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by jeff1607(m): 11:05am On Feb 26, 2017
darisgod
Re: WHAT Are They Putting In Our SALT, Now? by YUNGLURD(m): 1:04pm On Feb 26, 2017
oaroloye:

Hoiw died you determined that?
Mr know all!

(1) (2) (Reply)

China Begins Selling Of Bats, Snakes, Dogs As Market Reopens (photos) / Left Leg Of This Lady Is Way Bigger Than Her Right Leg, People Mock Her (photos) / Maltreatment Of Nigerians By The Medical Profession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.