Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,101 members, 7,852,736 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:31 AM

Throwback Interview With President Buhari On Thisdaylive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Interview With President Buhari On Thisdaylive (464 Views)

Buhari In Lagos: Naomi Campbell Changes The Caption Of Her Photos With President / Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo Watching The Arrival Of Buhari On NTA (Photo) / Photos Of President Buhari On Arrival At The Kaduna Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Interview With President Buhari On Thisdaylive by Naijalabel(m): 8:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
Who remembers this Interview President Buhari granted thisday Newspapers before his election.

Among the last questions he was asked.

THISDAYLive
Home Guest of the Week
Buhari in Quest to Secure Nigeria

THISDAY:
What is your economic blue print?

BUHARI:

It will be a set of regulations, strategies, policies and a vision on how to stabilise the economy, secure the country and move forward. I think that’s what it is.

THISDAY:

If you are elected president when the country is in great economic deficit, how will you turn things around and secure the economy?

BUHARI:

I think that for the navy, air force and the army it is their fundamental constitutional responsibility to secure the country with whatever we have . I believe this country is still strong to make sure that we secure these areas as quickly as we can and re-establish confidence in ourselves, in the world and in our business partners. The capacity to do it rapidly, I am afraid, one has to know the total intelligence, one has to know where we are exactly before you can make a determined move to correct the situation.

Really, it is a question of putting whatever we have available in terms of fighting capability to first secure that area, to earn the confidence of investors for them to quickly come back, because they can even organise soft loans for us to stabilise our budget deficits so that we move forward.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/02/23/buhari-in-quest-to-secure-nigeria/

Re: Throwback Interview With President Buhari On Thisdaylive by ybalogs(m): 8:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
If you had 3 words to tell Buhari, what would that be?
Mine: Are you OK?

(1) (Reply)

Airstrike Damage: 112 Died, 97 Injured In Rann Bombing / Report This Corrupt Police Officer / I Stand With 2face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.