Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

*ARE WE NOT TIRED OF LAGOS* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *ARE WE NOT TIRED OF LAGOS* (757 Views)

Pictures Of Lagos During The Colonial Days / Boko Haram: “I Am Tired Of This Calamity,” Shekau Says In New Video / Dignitaries At The Ground Breaking Event Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Project. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*ARE WE NOT TIRED OF LAGOS* by bobolizim(m): 8:55pm On Jan 31, 2017
I wish to know the *babalawo* that did the first *traditional rituals for Lagos*,the city of wealth,lagoons ,expensive experience and expensive laziness. This city called *lasgidi* has refused to go gentle,with the *roaring crowd of oshodi*, *the every busy mallams at agege*, *the unrepentant street kings at mushin oloosha* and *reoccurring decimal of yellow busses*.

As far am concerned, Lagos is like a toilet of congested feaces,it needs thorough flushing. We have too much numbers of *clueless citizens* in Lagos, in fact too much of *needless cars*.Are you aware of disease , it is called *Lagos alone syndrome*,it is a disease that bites one's mind ,making the person to be so *blindly addicted* to Lagos, to the extent of always believing it's the only city one can be prosperous or enjoy a better life despite living in a room with *tired family* for over *twenty years*,he has been residing in smelly Lagos for twenty years without no meaningful progress than to go to his hometown during festive periods only to be called *baba leko*,imagine babaleko with no house of his own or even a comfortable rented apartment, but he is so confident telling *Lagos stories* to his younger brother that has built two houses outside Lagos.

If your neighbour in that rusty Lagos seems to be suffering from *Lagos alone syndrome*,you better don't be infected. As a young man *adventure for good life* should not be a sin,but being addicted to one *unrewarding city* is an *unforgivable foolishness*,your kids will challenge you in future why you have invited them into a city that is so much *tiring but scarcely rewarding*.Our ancestors migrated, we can also migrate. And if you can't, it pays to be a *lion in the jungle than to be a dog in the city*(Mujib Caballo)

Cc: lalasticlala , mynd44 , ijebabe
Re: *ARE WE NOT TIRED OF LAGOS* by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2017
Hmm... to an extent u make sense

I can remember when I visited my some friends in Lagos few years ago and I wonder what they are still doing there considering the state of their livelihood.

If truly people can channel the same energy and resources they used in investing so much in a city they can't officially claim as theirs and do something in their hometowns, we will have less undeveloped places in this country.

But you really can't blame them cos you win more in population. I mean if there is less people then you'll have less problems but with more people you'll have more problems hence they continous innovative measures in solving people's problems as well as the society.

1 Like

Re: *ARE WE NOT TIRED OF LAGOS* by bobolizim(m): 9:40pm On Jan 31, 2017
troitgurl:

Hmm... to an extent u make sense

I can remember when I visited my some friends in Lagos few years ago and I wonder what they are still doing there considering the state of their livelihood.

If truly people can channel the same energy and resources they used in investing so much in a city they can't officially claim as theirs and do something in their hometowns, we will have less undeveloped places in this country.

[b][/b] you really can't blame them cos you win more in population. I mean if there is less people then you'll have less problems but with more people you'll have more problems hence they continous innovative measures in solving people's problems as well as the society.
really your last point , but there's a saying that says insanity is trying same thing same way and expect different result ! Do not forget , the larger the population , the more intense the competition ! In contrast with a society that's less complicated
Re: *ARE WE NOT TIRED OF LAGOS* by auntysimbiat(f): 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2017
try north
Re: *ARE WE NOT TIRED OF LAGOS* by bobolizim(m): 9:50pm On Jan 31, 2017
auntysimbiat:
try north
when did north become a state ? Kano is a northern state and its synonymous with Lagos

1 Like

Re: *ARE WE NOT TIRED OF LAGOS* by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 31, 2017
bobolizim:
really your last point , but there's a saying that says insanity is trying same thing same way and expect different result ! Do not forget , the larger the population , the more intense The competition ! In contrast with a society that's less complicated

Yea but innovation is doing new thing in a new way. Then again you have to consider the understanding capacity of the people in a certain location.

For instance someone that is opening a spa business in most part of this country may find it hard to still be in that biz.
Re: *ARE WE NOT TIRED OF LAGOS* by vatiqan(m): 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2017
One city I hate so much in Nigeria, Lagos!
Re: *ARE WE NOT TIRED OF LAGOS* by SalamRushdie: 11:02pm On Jan 31, 2017
90 percent of people in Lagos are just suffering with nothing to show for it
Re: *ARE WE NOT TIRED OF LAGOS* by babyfaceafrica: 11:07pm On Jan 31, 2017
We are not tired...if you are ,please leave...thank you
Re: *ARE WE NOT TIRED OF LAGOS* by Nowenuse: 11:14pm On Jan 31, 2017
Lagos is a place i dont think i will ever reside. Instead i go to Abuja.

(1) (Reply)

This Is The “change” We Voted For! / Obafemi Awolowo's Resignation Letter From The Federal Executive Council In 1971 / Eleven Things That Show Buhari Is Committed In Improving Transparency & Accounta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.