Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

APC Wins Etsako Reps By-election In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Wins Etsako Reps By-election In Edo (472 Views)

APC Wins 16, PDP Three In Kaduna LG Polls / Ahmed Kalambaina Of APC Wins Sokoto House Of Reps By-Election / APC Wins Lagos Local Government Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

APC Wins Etsako Reps By-election In Edo by evansjeff(m): 8:57pm On Jan 31, 2017
Johnson Oghuma of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has emerged the winner of the Etsako Federal Constituency by-election in Edo.

Mr. Oghuma emerged winner with 39,876 votes to defeat the People’s Democratic Party candidate, Jude Imagwe, who polled 18,193 votes.

The Returning Officer for the election, Shola Omotola, who announced the result at about 00:45 am on Sunday said the APC candidate won having scored the highest number of votes cast.

Mr. Omotola said that out of the 59,301 votes cast, 58,427 were regarded as valid votes and 874 votes were rejected.

Speaking to journalists, Mr. Oghuma assured the people of the constituency of effective representation.

“I want to assure Etsako people that I will not fail them.

“I will represent them well and their voices will be heard and I will not disappoint them,” he said.

The bye-election came following the election of the former holder of the seat, Philip Shuaib, as Deputy Governor of the state.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/221892-apc-wins-etsako-reps-election-edo

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: APC Wins Etsako Reps By-election In Edo by immaculatengang(f): 9:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
Oshobaba i sight ya grin

(1) (Reply)

MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme – Cleric / Buhari As A Metaphor For Corruption / Sultan Of Sokoto, Aregbesola, Others Pray For Buhari’s Recovery (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.