Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Check Out The Cheaper Way To Cook In This Recession. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out The Cheaper Way To Cook In This Recession. (749 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Cook Okro Soup At The Jungle (Photos) / Umahi Praises Buhari Who Has Ebonyi Housemaid & Cook. Nigerians React / How States Are Coping In This Recession (See List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out The Cheaper Way To Cook In This Recession. by Soneh(m): 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2017
The recent hike in the price of kerosene and cooking gas has made my poeple in jos smarter .checkout how we use less charcoal for cooking over here. What you see in this picture is a Coal pot with the wire from charred tyre.The coal pot is filled with the wire in place of the charcoal then a little charcoal is placed on the wire .The heat generated by the charcoal makes the wire hot thereby contributing to the total amount of heat generated by the whole system.

Re: Check Out The Cheaper Way To Cook In This Recession. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2017
grin grin
Re: Check Out The Cheaper Way To Cook In This Recession. by ChaleeBendel: 9:40pm On Jan 31, 2017
Na wa, na bubu time we dey o grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Cheaper Way To Cook In This Recession. by Agadsman(m): 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
nice innovation, but I hope this will not lead to illegal stealing of tires cos I trust my naija people dey can do and undo.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Cheaper Way To Cook In This Recession. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 31, 2017
Poverty in the land
Re: Check Out The Cheaper Way To Cook In This Recession. by dyabman(m): 9:51pm On Jan 31, 2017
Cancer warming up cool

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Cheaper Way To Cook In This Recession. by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2017
I can recall how recession during abachas era made Nigerians to discover the use of sawdust with empty paint cans, as a cooking apparatus known as abacha gas. Nigerians are very innovative I swear.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Cheaper Way To Cook In This Recession. by Soneh(m): 10:02pm On Jan 31, 2017
Agadsman:
nice innovation, but I hope this will not lead to illegal stealing of tires cos I trust my naija people dey can do and undo.
I don't think so.we get those wires from those guys that break rocks .Before now you see those wires littered around but since the advent of this invention the wires are taken to the market for sales.The one on this picture was purchased for a hundred naira.
Re: Check Out The Cheaper Way To Cook In This Recession. by Soneh(m): 10:06pm On Jan 31, 2017
dyabman:
Cancer warming up cool
Where will the cancer be coming from when the tyres have already been burnt before the wires are being used for cooking.
Re: Check Out The Cheaper Way To Cook In This Recession. by Rebuke: 10:28am On Feb 01, 2017
As e dey hot, Naija no dey ever carry last na. Lols.

(1) (Reply)

Tuface Cancel Feb 6 Anti-govt Protest / Why No One Should Wish The President Death / Sultan Of Sokoto: Fundamental Human Rights Fallacy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.