Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology (18539 Views)

4 Lesbian Students Expelled From Kebbi State College Of Science And Technology / Popular Owerri 'Mad Man' Graduated From A University In The US. Photos / MAPOLY Students Protest Delay In Semester Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by Ajasco222: 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2017
The Ogun House of Assembly on Tuesday passed a bill upgrading Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY) to a University of Science and Technology.

Mr Adeyinka Mafe, the Majority Leader, moved the motion for the third reading of the bill during plenary in Abeokuta and was seconded by the Minority Leader, Mr Olawale Alausa.

The bill was entitled: “ A Bill for a Law to Provide for the Establishment of Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology and for Matters of Administration and Discipline of Students Connected Therewith.’’

Mr Victor Fasanya, the Chairman, House Committee on Education, Science and Technology, moved the motion for the adoption of the committee’s report and seconded by Mr Adejuwon Olufowobi

Presenting the report of the committee, Fasanya said that a stakeholders forum was held on the bill and the inputs of the stakeholders were put into consideration.

He described the bill as historic, adding that it would encourage the people of the state to venture into science and technology.

” We need to encourage our people to go into science and technology so that we have entrepreneurs like they do in other advanced countries.

“The university will have two deputy Vice Chancellors, academic and administration, while the Registrar should be the Secretary of the Governing Council.

“The compulsory retirement age of academic staff of the university shall be 65 years except for persons on professorial cadre which shall be 70 years, ” he said.

http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/01/mapoly-to-become-university.html

3 Likes

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by Alasi20(m): 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2017
Owkay ooooooo

#IREPFEDPOFFA

Check my signature for your Architectural Drawing @ Affordable and Negotiable Price.

4 Likes

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by akprosperblog(m): 10:06pm On Jan 31, 2017
Till then....... What about ilaro??
Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by babington91(m): 10:39pm On Jan 31, 2017
ilaro na federal poly
Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by yuzjet(m): 12:47am On Feb 01, 2017
Good one.... lalasticlala, do the needful!
Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by Ajasco222: 8:23am On Feb 01, 2017
Mynd44
Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by Vickiweezy(m): 9:39am On Feb 01, 2017
Really?
Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by winkmart: 9:39am On Feb 01, 2017
That school has 80% of its female students on Badoo.

You will think there is a Department of Badoo there.

And local girls can full there

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by apcmustwin(f): 9:41am On Feb 01, 2017
So so University upandown. No job for graduates. University degree is over rated in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by BUSHHUNTER: 9:41am On Feb 01, 2017
So secondary school can turn university?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 01, 2017
I wil jxt laugh @ dis grin

Well, it's easier said than donecheesy
Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by johnwizey: 9:42am On Feb 01, 2017
Mapoly sef don turn uni....... Nobody wey no ft to make am o

12 Likes

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by Gidi3020(m): 9:43am On Feb 01, 2017
We are watching oo, later now the students can't even produce anything that has to do with technology... nonsense, it isn't by title but by action

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by Adekorya: 9:45am On Feb 01, 2017
There's no need for another university when the state is finding it hard to fund the two existing state university.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by oluFELAxy(m): 9:45am On Feb 01, 2017
Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology
(MAUST)
lol

4 Likes

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by powerfulsettingz: 9:46am On Feb 01, 2017
Wooooooh
Even when we are currently on strike?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by VanBommel(m): 9:46am On Feb 01, 2017
How many schools are in this Ogun state sef? undecided undecided school of technology everywhere yet none have been able to produce a car tyre. Nawa oo angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by MrGreenMavro: 9:48am On Feb 01, 2017
If man runs with men, its called RACE,
but when he runs with God, it is called GRACE.
Grace keeps Us from Disgrace.
May God's GRACE be sufficient for you and your household today and beyond.
No matter how overloaded a bus is,the driver's seat is always reserved.
I pray very fervently that no one shall take your rightful position.
HAPPY NEW MONTH

COME N EAT WITH ME cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by powerfulsettingz: 9:48am On Feb 01, 2017
VanBommel:
How many schools are in this Ogun state sef? undecided undecided

Use ur mb na

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by snezBaba: 9:49am On Feb 01, 2017
75% of gals in dat school are badoo...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by ademasta(m): 9:49am On Feb 01, 2017
MaPoly to turn to MaUni grin

4 Likes

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by dsmooth1(m): 9:50am On Feb 01, 2017
polytechnic of oloshos,ahawos, runz gurls, gbelepawo ,call dem anytin n yahoo plus guys,bad guyz,,
if ur babe or wife is frm dat skull n told u she ad only one ex,,u don enta 1chanz cos ratio is 90:1

university ko doubleversity
if mapoly is d only skull left wld rather becom a fahion designer Madpoly

c dem for street startin from 7pm n all u can say is dis students ar total waste of sperm

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by spaggyy(m): 9:51am On Feb 01, 2017
interesting

MAUSTECH
Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by MrAdroit(m): 9:52am On Feb 01, 2017
useless mapoly, one guy frm d aforesaid skul, neatly dressed entered a firm whr I was running my internship programme. I work wit d HR dept so I was asked to administer a test fr d guy, fifty questions and d duration is 40 minutes...nigga failed woefully...12 over 50

3 Likes

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by sunnyeinstein(m): 9:54am On Feb 01, 2017
So Mr Speaker of Ogun State assembly, what will happen to the commercial and arts-related courses there, they will become technology too?

Like education science tech? Business tech? Mass communication science? Accounting tech?

Do these people even stop to think at all? You cant finance mapoly, yet you wanto turn it into a university where money to maintain sef is a problem not to talk of salary palava. The courses nko? Well, it is well.

I hope ministry of education and NUC dont take the usual bribe and turn a blind eye to this abnormality, thousands would be negatively affected.

PS: i'm not against ogun state having another university, but the OOU they're running has enough problems for them to try and solve already.

It is well, Happy new month fellow nairalanders. I wish us all a positive month in Jesus name, Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by olumide81(m): 9:55am On Feb 01, 2017
Are u seeing what I see.......This will definitely spell doom for those lecturing with HND background.... As HND holder u are not qualified lecture pre-degree students let alone......Bsc.
Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by VanBommel(m): 9:56am On Feb 01, 2017
powerfulsettingz:

Use ur mb na
I don't have, transfer for me please undecided
Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by Md4great(m): 9:56am On Feb 01, 2017
DIGIFYING-OUR-ACCOUNTANTS TRAINING - REGISTRATION DETAILS
Dear Prospective Trainee,

A great decision is being made. And kudos as you indicate interest in our forth-coming “DIGIFYING-OUR-ACCOUNTANTS” Training.

Moreover, in order to enable adequate preparations for the training, please take note of the following registration instructions.

1. You are ONLY required to make a payment of #5,000 for the Microsoft Excel training. Only successful candidate from this Excel training/Professionals in the Industry will be qualified to take the second Batch - which is the Intuit QuickBooks training (if you are only interested in QuickBooks, please respond ASAP)
2. Payment for the Excel Training must be made on or before Wednesday 8th February, 2017 into Ladlas Prince Nig. account as provided below
3. For transparency and record keeping, please send an SMS with your "Name", "Date of Payment" and "Teller No" to 08093677006.

NOTE:
· The first five (5 ) participants to make their payment will automatically be given a 30% discount on their second stage training (The Intuit QuickBooks)
· Seats are only reserved and available for twenty (20) participants ONLY

Training Costs:
a. Microsoft Excel - ₦5,000.00
- Inclusive of training certificate, training kits/materials/video tutorials (e-copy/disc) and refreshments

b. Intuit QuickBooks - ₦20,000.00 (further details will be sent to all qualified and interested participants)

Account details:

Account Name: Ladlas Prince Nigeria Limited
Account Number: 0030104144
Bank: Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB)

For further inquiries, please contact us by email : Ibadan.fit.manager@ladlasprince.com or call: 08093677006

Our Office Address: LADLAS PRINCE NIG. LTD
Providence Court Building, Suite A5, 4th Floor,
Ajibade Bus-stop, Beside Coca-Cola Depot,
Mokola, Ibadan.

Best Regards
For: Ladlas Prince Nig.
Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by Teekzel(m): 9:58am On Feb 01, 2017
MrAdroit:
useless mapoly, one guy frm d aforesaid skul, neatly dressed entered a firm whr I was running my internship programme. I work wit d HR dept so I was asked to administer a test fr d guy, fifty questions and d duration is 40 minutes...nigga failed woefully...12 over 50

cheesycheesycheesy*-^^_~ so funny
Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by Harinholar(f): 9:59am On Feb 01, 2017
MrAdroit:
Lolss....Don't judge the school with that oo....

3 Likes

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by highbee02: 9:59am On Feb 01, 2017
MrAdroit:

if someone else administer d test for u, u may also fail

14 Likes

Re: MAPOLY To Become A University Of Science And Technology by Disneylady(f): 10:02am On Feb 01, 2017
so there will now be 2 State Universities in one state? nah so dem dey do am ni?

I thought there should be 1 fed Uni, 1 fed poly, 1 fed Col of edu, and I of each afore mentioned for states too in a particular state.....since OSU is there, a state Uni so Una no wan get state poly abi

issokay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Nigerian Student At A South African Flying School Has Been Declared Missing / Admission Into College Of Health Science And Technology, Idah / Free Tuition For Nigerians In Turkish Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.