Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,552 members, 7,865,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:09 PM

I Really Need A Lawyers Advice . - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Really Need A Lawyers Advice . (467 Views)

Blasphemy: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Denied Access To Lawyers As Appeal Deadline Nears / What You Really Need To Know About Police Force Around The World(Photos) / Did I Really Rape Her? I'm Confused? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Really Need A Lawyers Advice . by Gfish: 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
Please a dear friend is very confused and helpless and i also dont know how to help her that is why i am posting this here hoping some really good and sound lawyer can help. Her mother stood surety for her elder brother who took some loan from a microfinance bank. His business ran down and it hasnt been easy with him ever since, and the bank is not helping matters with today police, tomorrow army.

To cut it short, they finally took him to prison and charged to court. The mother ( really nice woman, have met her a couple of times) went to stand bail for him, now the elder bro is not around as he really had to go pursue a project. The judge orders for the surety's immediately arrest and dentention pending when the accused can be presented, and this cant happen now as the guy is somewhere trying to raise money. Its 6months now and the mum is still being held and my friend is distraught. Pls lawyers what can be done to get bail for this old woman.

Thanks.
Re: I Really Need A Lawyers Advice . by nahinbdis: 11:34pm On Jan 31, 2017
When she stood as surety, the judge must have fixed a sum as the bond. She can either provide the sum fixed or be arraigned. If arraigned, she can seek bail and be granted.

1 Like

Re: I Really Need A Lawyers Advice . by Gfish: 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
Ok. Thanks. Will find out if there is a bond to pay.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Runs Away With A Two Month Year Old Baby In Lagos Market Photos / Tunisia Hands Former President New Jail Term For Corruption / Gunmen Kidnap Businessman’s Wife In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.