Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,763 members, 7,813,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring (12182 Views)

Biafra: Reno Omokri Uses P-square Fight To Make Case Against Secessionist / Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt / The Support Nnamdi Kanu Is Getting From Yoruba Leaders Is Unprecedented -FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 01, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:

Oga stop lying to your self..... Which people brought Apc to power.....

Your people are know as anywhere belle face....before 10 igbo politician joinED Apc.... 100 Yoroubas are already memberS... In Nigeria Everybody if fighting for their own pocket whether Igbo yorouba or Hausa....The rush to Apc is about 2019 or 2023 election that will and must feature an Igbo president, as you can see they are all queuing up but when time comes your type would be among those to ask ""WHAT DO IGBOS WANT""
The Yorubas did not join APC, they in conjuction with the north formed it. Get your facts rights

All I am saying is if you guys really wanted to fight northern domination, you should not even have anything to do with them. Not even their party.

BTW,whydid you people dump APGA for PDP and APC?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by Chrisharry(m): 8:29am On Feb 01, 2017
Yoruba nation, Good morning!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by jos945(m): 8:30am On Feb 01, 2017
The AFONJA

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by Opakan2: 8:30am On Feb 01, 2017
abu12:

they are hypocrites

Don't mind them
I'm sure they'll readily jump ship if they have the chance but unfortunately for them, they are neck deep in irrelevance & failure with GEJ

See those AGIP guys, they kept mute all along because of their hidden agenda to romance any government in power but fools like fayose, FFK, afenifere and co. of yoruba extract were busy making noise

Restructure kor redesign ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by emerged01(m): 8:40am On Feb 01, 2017
SpecialAdviser:
I really think Yorubas should be more aggressive just like the Igbos in confronting this northern domination .

History has shown that we cannot achieve anything tangible voting and hoping for something miraculous.

The north has always opposed anything that will ensure speedy progress in Nigeria just because of their fear for break up.

Time to confront them with two options is here. Either restructure or break up.

How has igbo confront northern domination?Pls educate me.
Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by Kingspin(m): 8:42am On Feb 01, 2017
Support restructuring of Nigeria so that your Local and state will develop.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by Kingspin(m): 8:47am On Feb 01, 2017
emerged01:

How has igbo confront northern domination?Pls educate me.

The people of the zone not the politicians always disagree with the North on many issues on state of Nigeria. Nobi today.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by 400billionman: 8:53am On Feb 01, 2017
After reducing their brother to a commissioner and Jagaban losing in the political equation, what more can they do ?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:53am On Feb 01, 2017
Bolustic:

Bros, you are being economical with the truth as regards the boldened

Is it the same Igbos that are joining APC on daily basis or those ones in PDP under Makarfi or Ali-Modu Sherrif?

If Igbos are really against northern domination, I don't think the SE should caucus of the House of Reps should have supported a Dogara over a co-southerner like Femi Gbajabiamiala

Moreso, I don't think Ekweremadu should be friends with Bukola Saraki at all.

You are restricting your argument to a political class who are only interested in their pocket. Have you seen any of them demonstrate on the street? I am really talking of the Igbo Masses who do not relent in offering resistance to northern domination.

Facts has shown that the Yoruba masses are more relaxed and comfortable to the status quo more than the Igbos. I am not accusing them but this is the fact.

Let me also explain further. Have u ever imagined what it will look like, having having Yorubas pour out in protest to demand for Oduduwa Republic just at the time Igbos are demanding for Biafra republic?

I bet u, the north will call for a round table discussion. Their best bargain will be restructuring. That is what I mean by more aggressive.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by cstr55: 8:54am On Feb 01, 2017
Bolustic:

The Yorubas did not join APC, they in conjuction with the north formed it. Get your facts rights

All I am saying is if you guys really wanted to fight northern domination, you should not even have anything to do with them. Not even their party.

BTW,whydid you people dump APGA for PDP and APC?
Really, i thought you guys claim igbos are hateful people and hate Nigeria, that is why they did not join the APC.
You are scared that igbos are taking over the party cheesy. When Your tinubu was busy playing politics of winner takes all, you think the igbos will allow that to continue. When igbos tried to play opposition, afonjas like you were the ones lambasting them as irrational haters of this govt.
That is what you ask for, and that is what you get. Go and compete with the igbo race in your APC.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by emerged01(m): 9:00am On Feb 01, 2017
Kingspin:
The people of the zone not the politicians always disagree with the North.
You have said the truth but I want you to remind me how many times has igbo leaders/elders sat down and channel a course from the view of the people of the zone?
Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by ZoneBslayer(m): 9:02am On Feb 01, 2017
cstr55:

Really, i thought you guys claim igbos are hateful people and hate Nigeria, that is why they did not join the APC.
You are scared that igbos are taking over the party cheesy. When Your tinubu was busy playing politics of winner takes all, you think the igbos will allow that to continue. When igbos tried to play opposition, afonjas like you were the ones lambasting them as irrational haters of this govt.
That is what you ask for, and that is what you get. Go and compete with the igbo race in your APC.
that is their pattern..damn if igbos play opposition to APC, damn if igbos join the APC..
Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by ZoneBslayer(m): 9:07am On Feb 01, 2017
emerged01:
You have said the truth but I want you to remind me how many times has igbo leaders/elders sat down and channel a course from the view of the people of the zone?
unfortunately, that was pre-civil war era...then much later, orji uzor kalu tried to an extent, when he went against the then president (obasanjo)...he formed the defunct PPA with which he even wrestled IMO state from pdp..but that was a long time ago....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by sirwhyteB(m): 9:16am On Feb 01, 2017
EVEN THE BLIND CAN SEE THAT NIGERIA IS BREAKING UP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by Bhuldoxxa(m): 9:21am On Feb 01, 2017
Why wasn't the country restructured under GEJ?
Pharisees blaming PMB but they want him to do the dirty job because they know deep down he can follow through with actions and damn the consequences.
They know PMB can restructure the country and sacrifice his political ambitions unlike his predecessor.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by ipodstinks: 9:32am On Feb 01, 2017
To those shouting lagos as no man's land. Hope you can see the map if you are not having issue with your eyes.
Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by engrchykae(m): 9:36am On Feb 01, 2017
scholes0:
The Yorubas have been the only ones in this country constantly calling for federalism and restructuring.
The only progressives.
i disagree with this your fallacy,rather the yorubas are the only race who use true federalism and restructuring as a bargaining currency to buy political goods and services from the north,they are nothing close to progressives rather they are conflict merchants with a valueless currency known as restructuring.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by engrchykae(m): 9:48am On Feb 01, 2017
[quote author=cstr55 post=53315309]
[b]Really, i thought you guys claim igbos are hateful people and hate Nigeria, that is why they did not join the APC.
That is what you ask for, and that is what you get. Go and compet]yorubas always fantasize the sidelining of ibos but it will remain what it is'fantasy'they are not comfortable with growing ibo presence in apc.there is nothing they can do about it right now because we are in pdp with the north,in apc and also have apga.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by Olabestonic001(m): 9:50am On Feb 01, 2017
7lives:

Yorubas will not confront any northern domination, the era of Yorubas carrying other people matter for head like gala don pass.
Let those who are aggrieved fight their battles.
We remember useless talk like, this Fawehinmi man wahala too much, Yoruba cannot hold Nigeria hostage, Nigeria can move on without Yoruba and all kinds of bull crap.
Anybody claiming to be fighting for anything on behalf of Yoruba at this moment is on his own, probably looking for recognition but definitely not on our behalf.

We will ALWAYS call for Restructuring either the Igbo's are doing that or not.
I believe the Igbo's probably enjoy spiting us at every opportunity. But, you know what?; the Yoruba's and Igbo's points are gonna CONVERGE soon. Truth be told, the supremacy battle between them is the only edge Hausa/Fulani are latching on to for dominating Nigeria.
But, its already reaching a crescendo! For many years, the Yoruba's were ridiculed severely by Igbo's for clamoring for restructuring because they never thought anything was really wrong (or maybe they're just naturally anti-Yoruba). But, in less than 2 years,they've suddenly saw what really was wrong (thank GOD GEJ lost,otherwise, they'd be comfortable with the poo in our system). The Yoruba's thought they'd be able to use the gains of the 2015 political alignment to push for restructuring (its damned foolish for anyone to think Yoruba's ever forget Restructuring, they were simply being Yoruba by giving PMB time for 'honeymoon'). Now, its back to the trenches. And I think the Northern Oligarchy should be ready for an onslaught from the irate mobs of SE and the barrage of clamors of Yoruba leaders. Yes, Yoruba's are behind them ALWAYS on restructuring.
And someone mentioned that we should troop to the streets for protests; hmm, we've not even started using the cards to get what we want, why risk the lives of our youths with all those mentally sick security agencies that love killing youths at the drop of a pin. Listen, IF we need to protest, it will be lead by our erudite elders whom no security agents (even during the days of Abacha) dare not teargas their protest,let's not talk of shoot at. SE should practically drag the cowardly elders out to do the needful. Its far easier for an elder with the mind of a lion in SW to lead sheep (Yorubas) and get things done than for the sheepish leaders of SE to lead hyenas (Igbo's) and get any result.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by Olabestonic001(m): 9:52am On Feb 01, 2017
Opakan2:
GEJ loyalists not yoruba leaders.. They don't speak for us in SW

why didn't they call for restructuring when GEJ a Southerner was there.. greed no allow them
it's now they remember, hungry set of people

They are speaking for us on this!
Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by Ogbuefi2020: 10:12am On Feb 01, 2017
Bolustic:

Is it the same Igbos that are joining APC on daily basis or those ones in PDP under Makarfi or Ali-Modu Sherrif?

If Igbos are really against northern domination, I don't think the SE should caucus of the House of Reps should have supported a Dogara over a co-southerner like Femi Gbajabiamiala

Lol, which kind kindergarten reasoning be this na??

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by lilytender: 10:14am On Feb 01, 2017
Has Afenifere leaders of loot returned the money they collected from Jonathan to give Jonathan 10 million Yoruba votes? Please ask them why they did not compel their son the ineffectual buffoon to restructure. Now, everyone get this into your skull, a Northerner will never ever restructure Nigeria because the current parasite structure favours the North. So, since our brother the drunk Otukoe fisherman was not courageous enough to do it, we all have to wait till another Southerner gets there.
Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by scholes0(m): 10:19am On Feb 01, 2017
engrchykae:
i disagree with this your fallacy,rather the yorubas are the only race who use true federalism and restructuring as a bargaining currency to buy political goods and services from the north,they are nothing close to progressives rather they are conflict merchants with a valueless currency known as restructuring.

lol..... you aren't making sense bro.
Nigeria made more progress under federal regions, and the yorubas want that back.
Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by femolii: 10:38am On Feb 01, 2017
Igbos cant b president of nigeria never they are planning but they will fail for sure because they are rags already in politics.
Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by lordyugo: 10:39am On Feb 01, 2017
HtwoOw:
From Biafraudian news site

Thanks but I choose not to believe

the igbos must really b tormenting u in real life, feel for u
Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by lordyugo: 10:44am On Feb 01, 2017
Bolustic:

mumu its called government, its inevitable that greedy nd selfish politicians will align with each other, which doesnt translate to the choices of the masses.
I keep telling u to be an intelligent bigot, dnt jus be a bigot cos igbo ppl r tormenting u in real life
Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by murmee: 10:51am On Feb 01, 2017
SpecialAdviser:
I really think Yorubas should be more aggressive just like the Igbos in confronting this northern domination .

History has shown that we cannot achieve anything tangible voting and hoping for something miraculous.

The north has always opposed anything that will ensure speedy progress in Nigeria just because of their fear for break up.

Time to confront them with two options is here. Either restructure or break up.
Let me also explain further. Have u ever imagined what it will look like, having having Yorubas pour out in protest to demand for Oduduwa Republic just at the time Igbos are demanding for Biafra republic?
I bet u, the north will call for a round table discussion. Their best bargain will be restructuring. That is what I mean by more aggressive.

The sad part of this struggle is that the the South West and the South East/South South are not united in the demand for the Restructuring. The greatest advantage of the North over the South is that the South of Nigeria is not speaking with one VOICE. Already, the South East has shifted their focus on 2023 Presidency as if the North will allow it to happen. The South never learn from history. It's a Shame!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by tollyboy5(m): 10:52am On Feb 01, 2017
lordyugo:

the igbos must really b tormenting u in real life, feel for u
Don't mind that one grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by omoharry(f): 10:53am On Feb 01, 2017
lilytender:
Has Afenifere leaders of loot returned the money they collected from Jonathan to give Jonathan 10 million Yoruba votes? Please ask them why they did not compel their son the ineffectual buffoon to restructure. Now, everyone get this into your skull, a Northerner will never ever restructure Nigeria because the current parasite structure favours the North. So, since our brother the drunk Otukoe fisherman was not courageous enough to do it, we all have to wait till another Southerner gets there.
you write like a child and reason like a child..therefore you are definitely a child..who even gave you access to your device?
Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by tollyboy5(m): 10:58am On Feb 01, 2017
I guess despite their support for gej the need for restructuring is badly wanted if the northerners won't support restructuring then we should have our oduduwa country .Smh for black claiming to be superior to black when white are planning on enforcing white supremacy on them. Yoruba youth and APC members should not be bias on this due to their political interest Nigeria truely need restructuring now.
Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by eposho: 11:02am On Feb 01, 2017
Until wealth/health/education etc is available and accessible to all this meetings are of no use.
Redistrbute common wealth, then we can be one.
Mtche w
Re: Yoruba Leaders Meet In Akure, Make Case For Restructuring by HtwoOw: 11:34am On Feb 01, 2017
prince985:
[s][/s]
So y are yu telling us?
Who cares abt wat u choose?? undecided

You cared enough to tell me you don't care

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Richest Igbo Man Alive Visit Governor Ugwuanyi Of Enugu State. / Biafra: UN. Holding Crucial Meeting. / 6 Rescued Lagos Students To Meet With Acting President Yemi Osinbajo In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.