Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,639 members, 7,865,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:56 PM

Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? (1965 Views)

'We Are Not Lazy,' Nigerian Youths Slam President Buhari On Social Media - CNN / Arewa Youths To FFK: Stop Insulting Buhari, Northern Leaders Or Face Our Wrath / Photos Of President Buhari On Arrival At The Kaduna Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by Chizgold: 7:27am On Feb 01, 2017
Yesterday was a very eventful one for me. As a full-fledged Nigerian citizen committed to always doing what is right for my country, I had casually responded to some information which showed that our president, Muhammadu Buhari has continued to flout court orders, thus reneging on his oath of office, wherein he vowed to uphold the constitution of Nigeria.

Some minutes before my criticism of the Buhari government, I had engaged in a verbal war with a close associate of Buhari’s favoured son (the poster child of corruption) and Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi during which I was referred to as a full anti-APC writer. My feeble attempts at explaining that I am just focused on the welfare of Nigerians fell on deaf ears. But that of course does not really matter.

What matters was that throughout yesterday, I have been inundated with calls and messages warning/cajoling/advising me to take my feet off the gas when it comes to anti-Buhari expressions. I was directly told that for my security, I should desist as a clampdown on all social media users who “abuse” the president will soon be engaged in by the Department of State Services (DSS). The warning explicitly stated that such people will be brought in for questioning.

So somehow, we are returning to that time when freedom of expression is no longer the right of citizens. We are back to the time of “respect the ‘King’ or die!”, something I really feared would happen with the election of President Buhari.

Well, no matter the punishment ahead, as a soul, fully Nigerian, I won’t stop talking for the sake of the people of Nigeria. The question for you all is, will You chicken out in the face of this planned intimidation?

Credit: http://ikengachronicles.com/federal-government-to-arrest-all-those-insulting-buhari-on-social-media/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by fran6co(m): 7:27am On Feb 01, 2017
Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by kolado(m): 7:35am On Feb 01, 2017
No comment to reserve my comment
Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by SalamRushdie: 7:40am On Feb 01, 2017
Dont Worry the God we serve is more than Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 01, 2017
cool
angry
undecided

Buhari and FG should go and read Proverbs 29:2

4 Likes

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by Atiku2019: 7:43am On Feb 01, 2017
All these blogs self grin
Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by Rocketicon(m): 7:46am On Feb 01, 2017
God bless Goodluck E. Jonathan

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by Corrinthians(m): 7:49am On Feb 01, 2017
News brought to nairaland by CHI-gold (maybe Chibuzor) with source IKENGA-chronicles. grin

Take away LIES from these people and you just might as well deny them oxygen. grin

HtwoOw, coman see your friends. grin

LiePob yoots and Ugwu landlocked Osu region with lies..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by Lanretoye(m): 7:54am On Feb 01, 2017
if this is true then the budget will not even be enough to build detentions.
Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 01, 2017
Corrinthians:
News brought to nairaland by CHI-gold (maybe Chibuzor) with source IKENGA-chronicles. grin

Take away LIES from these people and you just might as well deny them oxygen. grin

So true. Lie seems to be running in their veins instead of blood. They can lie for Africa!

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by dunkem21(m): 8:25am On Feb 01, 2017
Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by Dawdy(m): 8:29am On Feb 01, 2017
Weldone, thank God I don't insult President Buhari.
Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by royalnose: 8:35am On Feb 01, 2017
They were applauding us when we called Goodluck all sort of names, yet Jonathan did not arrest anyone. I said it God gave us what we wanted since rejected a good man. Intolerant APC and illiterate west German of a Fulani President.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by Jokerman(m): 8:35am On Feb 01, 2017
E no go better for all of them..... wereys... angry

1 Like

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by weyab: 8:42am On Feb 01, 2017
cheesy grin grin As in insult is constitutional treason? grin
Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by RZArecta(m): 8:49am On Feb 01, 2017
Meaning you'll be arrested if you call Buhari a Daura dullaard or burukutu sipping gorilla (even though its true) but nothing will happen if you call him an incompetent president, ethnic, religious and nepotistic, murderous bigot who's a piece of sh1t president cool

4 Likes

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by EFX001: 8:55am On Feb 01, 2017
this happened to me last week in Abuja. I was detained at airport junction in Abuja by the DSS and the took my phone. They threatened to smash it . the masked DSS woman deleted my twitter account completely. my fellow Nigerians, we elected a leader to bring change in our lives now we have a dictator. I decided to share this after reading the experience of the other man. Cheers

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by AgbenuAnna(f): 9:20am On Feb 01, 2017
how will d detain us

imagine 75% of Nigerians in detention

walahi this government is clueless

they don't know their priority

all the money in Nigeria is not enough to detain us

1 Like

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by cyberguy72(m): 9:29am On Feb 01, 2017
RZArecta:
Meaning you'll be arrested if you call Buhari a Daura dullaard or burukutu sipping gorilla (even though its true) but nothing will happen if you call him an incompetent president, ethnic, religious and nepotistic, murderous bigot who's a piece of sh1t president cool
Lol
Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by Igolasko: 9:43am On Feb 01, 2017
Oh kangaroo clowned government!If it has led to that the country is
slippery to Nebuchadnezzar Republic .God that made provision for the safety of Daniel has never slept or gone on holiday.He is our refuge and shall take care all the lions on the land that want to step on human
fundamental rights.
Social media was the ladder this government used to get to government through deceit and propaganda.They now want to destroy it by using their licensed dogs to be hunting for their oppositions or their critics.They should be reminded that they are all birds of passage that would soon fly away.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by danmasani101: 10:19am On Feb 01, 2017
Stop posting this nonsense. Are you related to Lie Mohd.........why not close down your account or better still leave the social media completely.
Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by emmaitive(m): 10:31am On Feb 01, 2017
nija dnt need to worry, because God has arrested him already to the land of see him no more

1 Like

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by iluvdonjazzy: 10:34am On Feb 01, 2017
what an unserious government we have here nigeria, instead of thinking how to better the lot of nigerians that are suffery from severe hunger, they are thinking on how to arrest the gullible masses. may GOD help nigeria

1 Like

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by HtwoOw: 10:45am On Feb 01, 2017
Na thier way, if it's not lying then it's robbing or peddling
Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by HtwoOw: 10:59am On Feb 01, 2017
Corrinthians:

He tire us o

1 Like

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by ElectGINeer(m): 11:16am On Feb 01, 2017
Corrinthians:

Leave them jare, awon were. They think na everybody go believe lies like dem dem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by Funlordmania: 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
grin
Chizgold:
Yesterday was a very eventful one for me. As a full-fledged Nigerian citizen committed to always doing what is right for my country, I had casually responded to some information which showed that our president, Muhammadu Buhari has continued to flout court orders, thus reneging on his oath of office, wherein he vowed to uphold the constitution of Nigeria.

Some minutes before my criticism of the Buhari government, I had engaged in a verbal war with a close associate of Buhari’s favoured son (the poster child of corruption) and Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi during which I was referred to as a full anti-APC writer. My feeble attempts at explaining that I am just focused on the welfare of Nigerians fell on deaf ears. But that of course does not really matter.

What matters was that throughout yesterday, I have been inundated with calls and messages warning/cajoling/advising me to take my feet off the gas when it comes to anti-Buhari expressions. I was directly told that for my security, I should desist as a clampdown on all social media users who “abuse” the president will soon be engaged in by the Department of State Services (DSS). The warning explicitly stated that such people will be brought in for questioning.

So somehow, we are returning to that time when freedom of expression is no longer the right of citizens. We are back to the time of “respect the ‘King’ or die!”, something I really feared would happen with the election of President Buhari.

Well, no matter the punishment ahead, as a soul, fully Nigerian, I won’t stop talking for the sake of the people of Nigeria. The question for you all is, will You chicken out in the face of this planned intimidation?

Credit: http://ikengachronicles.com/federal-government-to-arrest-all-those-insulting-buhari-on-social-media/

NCAN ex presidential division roving reporter reporting live from Hawaii for duty!

Now let's see what we have here....

1: POSTERS ID:"chizgold?"..probably some acronym for some form of "chiamaka or chinedu" or some other akpu induced regional name!

2: SOURCE MATERIAL: "ikenga chronicles?"...good god almighty...atrocious!

FINAL REPORT: Definitely the handiwork of some bitter and disgruntled ipob quarter jewish tout hiding out safely in his mummy's bedroom wasting his cheap parental supported mb on senseless lies and ugwu assisted propaganda! No danger here...over and out

Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by stev120(m): 12:37pm On Feb 01, 2017
nah today..they don baff they go arrest tire be dat nah, infact prison go full... BUHARI GOVT. HAVE PROVE THAT JONATHAN IS A MAN OF DEMOCRACY
Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by DoyenExchange: 12:51pm On Feb 01, 2017
We talk only FOREX lipsrsealed
Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by submit: 12:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
Zoo Republic
Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by dunkem21(m): 2:03pm On Feb 01, 2017
Re: Federal Government To Arrest All Those Insulting Buhari On Social Media? by abnsugbe: 2:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
EFX001:
this happened to me last week in Abuja. I was detained at airport junction in Abuja by the DSS and the took my phone. They threatened to smash it . the masked DSS woman deleted my twitter account completely. my fellow Nigerians, we elected a leader to bring change in our lives now we have a dictator. I decided to share this after reading the experience of the other man. Cheers

get ur PVC ready to vote again come 2019..He is una messiah...People forgot that a leopard will never change its spot.
Take a man out of a ghetto but can never take ghetto out from him.
I dont believe in any Nigerian politican cos all are same,i believe we need #Revoultion and swearung in using JUJU and Bible

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov Obiano Demolishes Houses In Anambra Town Nkwelezunaka In Wife's Favor(pics) / conduct election : Akoko Afama / itsekiri/oke ogun state / Did Benue, Nasarawa And Plateau States Listen To Ndigbo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.