Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Necessary Steps Towards A Successful Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Necessary Steps Towards A Successful Career (437 Views)

How To Build A Successful Career As A Data Scientist / 10 Ways To Have A More Successful Career / What Are The Necessary Steps I Can Take To Be A Commercial Pilot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Necessary Steps Towards A Successful Career by dortuneoloye(m): 9:10am On Feb 01, 2017
1. Identify the areas of opportunity in your discipline.

2. Write out your personal goals and objectives (showing whether you want to further your education immediately or go into the industry).

3. Among the areas of opportunities identified above, select 3 which are in line with your set goals and objectives.

4. Carry out self assessment to know if you have the required skills or knowledge to pursue a career in your chosen area.

5. If you have the required skills, keep on developing yourself so as to have a competitive edge in the industry; if you don't, identify the appropriate organisation or training institute and enrol yourself so as to acquire the required skill not the certificate. (NOTE: the certificate may get you the job, but only the skill can retain the job).

6. Attend seminars and discussions on writing curriculum vitae and cover letter that will help project your skills and competencies so as to secure the right job.

7. Develop yourself via solving job aptitude test questions and make good use of your NYSC year.

8. Pray to God for favour as you forward your application for every job.

(1) (Reply)

Professional Medical Representation Boot-camp For Job -hunters / Can I Join The Force With Phd? / We Just Finished Our NYSC POP Today, Job Is Urgently Needed For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.