Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

lies That Nigerian Parents Told Us When We Were Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / lies That Nigerian Parents Told Us When We Were Kids (774 Views)

Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents / Nigerian Parents Should Stop This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

lies That Nigerian Parents Told Us When We Were Kids by mohince(m): 11:05am On Feb 01, 2017
1. ‘Tell me the truth, I won’t beat you’ This was the tactic they used when they were trying
to get you to confess to a wrongdoing. The truth
never set anyone free.

2. ‘Borrow me some of the money your Aunty gave you, I’ll pay you back.’ They never paid back, and when you ask, they’d mention all the things they do for you for free.

3. ‘Oya go and wear your shoes, I’m waiting for you.’ By the time you come back with the shoes, they’d be nowhere to be found.

4. ‘I always came first in class’. If everyone’s parents came first in class, then who
came second?

5. If you sit near a boy, you’d get pregnant As if pregnancy is transmitted through mere skin
contact.

6. Mummy’s tummy is big because she ate too much This was the lie they used to explain pregnancy.

7. If a lizard sees your teeth it won’t grow back They just made up a random lie so we wouldn’t flash our missing teeth everywhere.
Re: lies That Nigerian Parents Told Us When We Were Kids by mohince(m): 11:06am On Feb 01, 2017
Lala... Carry go
Re: lies That Nigerian Parents Told Us When We Were Kids by yomi007k(m): 11:21am On Feb 01, 2017
If u spit on d ground n someone else steps on it, u will hv sore throat or lose ur voice.

2 Likes

Re: lies That Nigerian Parents Told Us When We Were Kids by beneviv(f): 11:25am On Feb 01, 2017
Lol
Re: lies That Nigerian Parents Told Us When We Were Kids by Darkseid(m): 11:38am On Feb 01, 2017
Just in case...
Re: lies That Nigerian Parents Told Us When We Were Kids by enoqueen: 12:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
cry

1 Like

Re: lies That Nigerian Parents Told Us When We Were Kids by winetapper: 2:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
Give the money let me hold, when we get home I will give you

1 Like

Re: lies That Nigerian Parents Told Us When We Were Kids by austinereds(m): 11:42am On Feb 02, 2017
still remembering how those tricks worked on me. chia childhood.

(1) (Reply)

OMG- See What Nigeria Pastor Posted On Facebook That Shocked The World / Change Of Name In The Newspaper / Stop Cheating With Someone's Wife You Say No

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.