Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation (775 Views)

Dino Melaye’s Recall: Faleke Mocks Gov Bello Over ‘failed’ Verification Exercise / Nigerians Not Lazy, Return Their Jobs - Fayose Tells Presidency / Kogi People Are Suffering Under Bello, Faleke Tells Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by Simongm(m): 11:44am On Feb 01, 2017
A member of the House of Representatives and former contender of Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello’s position, Hon. James Falake, on Tuesday led a delegation of Kogi State indigenes to the Presidency to pass a vote of no confidence on Governor Yahaya Bello.

Faleke, who led the group comprising former ministers, former ambassadors, former National Assembly members and other critical stakeholders from the State to the office of the Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, said that the State has stopped working since Bello assumed
office.

Speaking with State House correspondents at the end of the closed door meeting, Faleke said that the Governor’s unsavory actions were inimical to the future of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state.

According to him, the people are dying of hunger as a result of the leadership style being adopted by Governor Bello. He said: “We came to the presidency to let federal government know what is happening in Kogi state as regards the fortunes of the party.

The way it is dwindling day by day as regards the civil servants, the welfare of the people and their relationship with the state government. “We have come to let the presidency know so that when
elections come and the party losses, no one is to be blamed.

We want intervention from the federal
government to find a way forward in this situation.
“The governor of the state should recognize those who work for the party and make the party to be successful. It is one thing to be victorious at the court level and another thing to carry the people along.
I want to use this opportunity to urge the governor to carry the people along.
“This is the fifth time he is setting up a committee to review staff strength with so many screenings every day. People are dying. You ask people to come from the entire 21 local government to Lokoja to present their documents; some of them are dying on road accident.

“My concern is that if he is too sure, he should set up a better frame rather than this recurrent approach. For all the committees that sent report to him, he has condemned their report and he is the one that set up these committees.

Now another committee has been set up again for the same purpose.
“We get calls every day for welfare from civil servants, school children that their parents have not been paid for months.
So, we want him to stop this because this is not the only way to stop ghost workers and it shouldn’t be the last.

I’m not against eradication of ghost workers but
it shouldn’t be done to the detriment of the people,” he stated He said that the delegation was satisfied with the response of the Acting President during the meeting. “Of course, we are satisfied. It is a work in progress. It is not a fait accompli”, he said.

A former Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Hon. Abdullahi Bello Okene said that the delegation had representatives from across the state.
“Yes of course. You can see among the delegation here are former ministers, former ambassadors, former National Assembly members across the state that are critical stakeholders.
The leadership is all here cutting across the entire state”, he said.

Faleke was a running mate to late Audu Abubakar, thegovernorship candidate of APC that died before he was declared winner in the election that brought Bello into office as governor.
Falake had urged the courts to declare him winner of the election on the grounds that the votes cast for late Abubakar were his automatic inheritance as running mate rather than ceding it to Governor Bello who the party threw up as substitute. But the court ruled in favour of Bello.

Source: thenationonlineng.net

cc:mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by tens4real(m): 11:51am On Feb 01, 2017
Kogi

It should be nigerians ar hungry and dying not Kogi.. What a pathetic country
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by sarrki(m): 11:53am On Feb 01, 2017
Faleke may be right

But the timing is wrong now

Wait till next election
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by JBismarck(m): 12:02pm On Feb 01, 2017
Faleke is Fake
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 12:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
sarrki:
Faleke may be right

But the timing is wrong now

Wait till next election
till them die ba.....

besides, its tinubu paper undecided
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by Kondomatic(m): 12:12pm On Feb 01, 2017
tens4real:
Kogi

It should be nigerians ar hungry and dying not Kogi.. What a pathetic country
Kogi own is beyond compare.
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by tens4real(m): 12:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
Kondomatic:
Kogi own is beyond compare.
have you visited other state? I or what will. You say about the north east and does in. Idp camps?
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by Kondomatic(m): 12:18pm On Feb 01, 2017
tens4real:
have you visited other state? I or what will. You say about the north east and does in. Idp camps?
They're in war.
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
This ghost governor will never stop to de chase ghost workers upandown in Kogi state ooo, this is the fifth time he is setting up a committee to review staff strength withing 1yr in office and with so many screenings every day without payment of salaries.
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by yarimo(m): 12:39pm On Feb 01, 2017
Falake claiming kogi people are dying of hunger as if kogi state is the only state dying of hunger. I SMH for FALAKE
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by DonGalilo(m): 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2017
tens4real:
Mr. man your comparison is wrong, how can you compare people in distress in a camp as a result of crisis to a whole state where 70% of the civil servants have been deprived of eleven month salaries after working, for God sake and coupled with incessant screening exercise in the state capital.
So tell me which state has done similar thing?
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by tens4real(m): 12:45pm On Feb 01, 2017
DonGalilo:
Mr. man your comparison is wrong, how can you compare people in distress in a camp as a result of crisis to a whole state where 70% of the civil servants have been deprived of eleven month salaries after working, for God sake and coupled with incessant screening exercise in the state capital.
So tell me which state has done similar thing?
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by DonGalilo(m): 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
yarimo:
Falake claiming kogi people are dying of hunger as if kogi state is the only state dying of hunger. I SMH for FALAKE
Stop criticizing the man blindly because Kogi state is experiencing double tragedies of hardship, both from the FG n state govt. As am typing this, the governor is still owing 70% of the workers, 11 months salary.
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by yarimo(m): 12:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
DonGalilo:
Stop criticizing the man blindly because Kogi state is experiencing double tragedies of hardship, both from the FG n state govt. As am typing this, the governor is still owing 70% of the workers, 11 months salary.
kogi state is not the only state owing salary in the country alone abeg. Falake is fighting bello because he lost out to bello. Falake is fighting for himself not for the good people of kogi state .it Is better for Falake and co to stop deceiving themselves thinking they are deceiving the people of kogi state
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by DonGalilo(m): 1:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
yarimo:
kogi state is not the only state owing salary in the country alone abeg. Falake is fighting bello because he lost out to bello. Falake is fighting for himself not for the good people of kogi state .it Is better for Falake and co to stop deceiving themselves thinking they are deceiving the people of kogi state
If your insinuation is to be considered, don't you think Bello created the avenue for that, by not doing the needful.
Let me shock you again, as a result of last screening exercise, most of the workers on level 14 have been placed on compulsory retirement.
I am not trying to change your perception because you are entitled to your own opinion.
The person that put on a shoe is the one that knows where it pinches.
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by yarimo(m): 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
Thank you for your understanding that I am entitled for my opinion, your explanations are all noted
DonGalilo:
If your insinuation is to be considered, don't you think Bello created the avenue for that, by not doing the needful.
Let me shock you again, as a result of last screen exercise, most workers on level 14 have been placed on compulsory retirement.
I am not trying to change your perception because you are entitled to your own opinion.
The person that put on a shoe is the one that knows where it pinches.
Re: Kogi People Suffering Under Bello, faleke Tells Presidency - The nation by DonGalilo(m): 1:54pm On Feb 01, 2017
yarimo:
Thank you for your understanding that I am entitled for my opinion, your explanations are all noted
You are welcome

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Naira / Senator Hope Uzodinma Is Owing His Staffs Six Month Salary / Breaking News-buhari Hand Over Power To Osibanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.